CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sociopaths can appear extraordinarily charming and real. (Psychopaths, not so much. At least not for long periods. They have dead shark eyes and cause many people to have the hairs on the back of their heads raise).

An example is a sociopathic opposing party I have on a case. He is violent, narcissistic and selfish and neglects his daughter. He had her sleeping on a pallet in a closet while he takes a king size bed. He drags her from woman to woman, leaving her in the care of women he just met, and having her sleep on a couch or on the floor or in the bed with him and his new broad. The child becomes attached to these women who provide all her care until they disappear. He fails to ensure the child gets to school on time, (even the first day of kindergarten) or completes her homework. She has to adapt to his life. There are no play dates, or birthday parties or child-related activities while she is with him. It's all about his desire to drink and be with women.

But he has a warm, crinkly-eyed and sincere-looking smile. he is able to pretend he's father of the year. He seems loving. Comes to school events. Puts sun block on her. But when no one is looking, he walks in front of her, off the sidewalk, in the drop off to school, not holding her hand, or seeming remotely concerned that she could be hit by a car. he leaves the bulk of the care to his girlfriends. He consistently gives up visitation for "work trips" which are really personal vacations.

An example that more people can really connect with is scott peterson. His nickname was The Golden Boy. He was absolutely beloved. Not one person knew what he was truly like until it was too late. He had literally dozens of people testifying on his behalf during the sentencing phase. A truly nice guy who helped others.

These people know what others want to hear and how to be charming. they can keep up the veneer for decades even. But no one knows what's really going on in their minds, and what dark thoughts they're having.

It is super hard to understand which is why it's so frightening and fascinating to me. No one wants to think they could be sleeping next to the enemy.
Nice guy that helped others...

I watched a very disturbing clip of a sociopath describing his behaviors and he said something along the lines of "the best way to manipulate someone is to do something nice for them".

Its chilling. Moo.

I wonder if this is county or state specific. I know this isn’t how it works in my county.
There are two different ways foreclosures are handled, judicial, where a mortgage secures a property and you have to go through the court system to foreclose, and nonjudicial secured with a deed of trust where court is not necessary. Colorado is a nonjudicial state to my knowledge. This may why they maintain the taxes and insurance if the person defaults on payments and begins foreclosure. In nonjudicial states they tend to foreclose faster, usually taking about 4 months. They don't want the tax man to take the home, because tax debt is always paid first and the bank wants to protect its interest in the property. It may also be lender specific as well.

He did just finish experiencing 5 weeks of this very lifestyle so it isn't that hard of sell to think maybe he wanted more.

Hi @MindHunter13 - I see you are a verified forensic psychologist. Forgive me if someone has already asked, but would you be willing to share your observations & theory of what happened & why? I’d be very interested in your professional opinion (unofficial of course, I realize there’s a lot we don’t know & have not officially assessed CW). Thanks so much- Merry

Don't get me wrong. Simply because I propose an alternative theory does not make it the most likely or viable. But to write it off incessantly is simply close minded as well. In the end, it will surely be interesting to have the true facts of this case finally presented.

I’m going to choose to believe the comment about “being close minded” is directed at those so fervently supporting C.W. (and at the same time vilifying SW.) how convenient that she has been robbed the ability to defend herself from these disgusting and absurd accusations.

Every last person on here has analyzed his "story". Many with very specific expalanations as to why it is utter, incomprehensible nonsense that doesn't come close to creating reasonable doubt.

No one is simply "writing it off". This is an exercise in basic logic. Critical thinking. Deductive reasoning.

Making utterly baseless allegations against friends of the victims or against SW because one wants to have support for an unreasonable theory, and then steadfastly ignoring actual evidence in this case, saying there is no "proof" is not presenting a "viable" theory worthy of debate. It is intellectual dishonesty that could appear due to an agenda of some sort.
Yes. I have never heard of a case of someone having a psychotic break that severe, coming out of it so quickly and then so calmly and quickly concealing the crimes, lying about it and giving clear, dry-eyed and composed interviews to the media right after. That's not how psychosis, drug induced or otherwise, works.

We have all seen and heard cases of actual psychosis/mental illness-related murder. The perps almost universally either confess or at the least, do not try to hide the crime.

They don't calmly lie and create alibis.

Exactly what you said. All. Of. It. Thank you.

Edit: me , typos

I agree to disagree on this point.
;)
Worse case the HOA was won the court would then be able to set up installment plan in fees it looks like that is what this real estate list as annual fees there usually escrow covers as well bc bank wouldn’t want a lien besides them . It could be they were protesting it .
Wyndham Hill - Frederick, CO - realtor.com®

Attachments

• 6ECB0C80-E755-4D71-B390-BA0DAEF776BD.png
    6ECB0C80-E755-4D71-B390-BA0DAEF776BD.png
    234.9 KB · Views: 20
There are two different ways foreclosures are handled, judicial, where a mortgage secures a property and you have to go through the court system to foreclose, and nonjudicial secured with a deed of trust where court is not necessary. Colorado is a nonjudicial state to my knowledge. This may why they maintain the taxes and insurance if the person defaults on payments and begins foreclosure. In nonjudicial states they tend to foreclose faster, usually taking about 4 months. They don't want the tax man to take the home, because tax debt is always paid first and the bank wants to protect its interest in the property. It may also be lender specific as well.

Thank you again @SumnerRain - I feel like you explain things much better than I do. :)

Curious what the same necklace CW is wearing in all these pictures is/means. Just a few pics I found on line but I am sure there are more.
CW isn't wearing the necklace in any of his interviews after they went missing. Wonder if SW tore it off his neck? Makes me wonder about that in conjunction with the purple lupus bracelet and wedding ring that he was no longer wearing after they went missing too.

Few pages behind.....
I don't know what type of necklace it is but there is a video of little Cece and CW playing with the necklace and making noises. From what I could find, he stopped wearing the wedding ring towards the end of last year. He wore it off and on last summer but I couldn't find a picture of him wearing it this year.

Few pages behind.....
I don't know what type of necklace it is but there is a video of little Cece and CW playing with the necklace and making noises. From what I could find, he stopped wearing the wedding ring towards the end of last year. He wore it off and on last summer but I couldn't find a picture of him wearing it this year.
Maybe from weight loss, but he has the lupus bracelet on in recent pics.

Few pages behind.....
I wonder if when he lost 50lbs and went from an XXL to M shirt size according to SWs video, if his wedding ring no longer fit and they didn't replace/resize it?

He wasn’t wearing ring when she announced her pregnancy to him on FB.
True CW isn't wearing his wedding ring in video.
CW is wearing the purple lupus bracelet though.
BUT CW IS WEARING STEEL TOED CONSTRUCTION WORK BOOTS SO HE LIKELY IS JUST RETURNING HOME FROM WORK SO MAYBE AS SUGGESTED HE DOESN'T WEAR THE RING TO WORK.
Sure hope LE has those construction work boots in their evidence locker.
Video: Shanann Watts surprises husband Chris with pregnancy before death | Daily Mail Online
Maybe he just returned from being with his GF.

I agree to disagree on this point.
;)
Worse case the HOA was won the court would then be able to set up installment plan on the charges . I strongly believe this was a fee HOA payments a month there
Few pages behind.....
same I can’t eitherVideo shows CO mom tell husband about pregnancy - CNN Video

Attachments

• 231AD0C3-8FBF-478D-ADBF-42C4D9434E96.png
    231AD0C3-8FBF-478D-ADBF-42C4D9434E96.png
    367.5 KB · Views: 20
Your eloquence and command of the English language is awe-inspiring. While we may be have opposing views here and there on this case, I look forward to the day that we are both on the same side of the argument. I can already see the fireworks. Thank you for taking the time to respond so graciously. I aspire to do the same in my future postings.

I appreciate it and have appreciated most of your posts here and elsewhere. I respect you.

Also, I do not mean to offend with my decisiveness. My posts are a response to an accumulation of posts by various people.

I just went into the media thread and found an interview that I saw in the early days but hadn't seen this particular one/or this part of it repeated since. And I wrote out some hand-written transcript of the part of it I was particularly interested in.

The interviewer says he wants to ask something about the children. Here's a little snippet of the reply CW gave.

"Just ..like.. last night like, during like, I ..... when they usually/normally eat dinner, it was like I miss them, like, I mean I miss telling them "hey, you gotta eat or you're not gonna get your dessert" you know, just like "not gonna get your snack after".
Maybe that was the last conversation he had with them.

I wonder if when he lost 50lbs and went from an XXL to M shirt size according to SWs video, if his wedding ring no longer fit and they didn't replace/resize it?
I am on my second wedding ring because my original one doesn't fit. Mine went too small though lol...

I really don't have any curiousity about the products she sold, who was more perky, or muscled and best dressed. So maybe they were under financial strain, but who cares if it was more her fault his fault whatever. Over and over we see insinuations on the board that she didn't work hard enough.....with lupus, 2 kids under 4, a baby on the way, low blood sugar episodes..my oh my.

Imo they had a big fight when she got home late, she knew he was having the affair, some pushing shoving occurred and the big strong one with so much to lose fought harder, then killed the kids who were woken up and maybe watching.

Just my pov, but I'm more interested in the mechanics of it, why he chose the tanks, did he scope them out ahead of time, what on earth was going thru his mind to put them where they would ultimately be found.

So, important things..was he head over heels for the mistress, when did he start realizing there was a household of albatrosses around his neck....that he would have more $$$ without them....stuff rolling around in his coward brain for months maybe.
As an old person some times i think ive seen it all re relationships, and the ones I'm most skeptical of are the "we're so lovey dovey look at us always smooching and grinning" types.

We all have tensions and masks in our relationships but that doesnt mean our husbands should get some special "stress dispensation" to off the family because he makes more, because she is more smiley and vivacious.....he is a coward coward coward and this became crystal clear when he blamed her for killing her kids after he himself put her in a grave from where she cannot defend herself.

Throw the book at this evil creep and let's get it over with.

Jmo

Weren't the girls with their mother on her trip?

Not on the weekend work trip. the girls had been with her in NC. I believe they returned the week before. The girls stayed with their father for the weekend trip per LE, her friend that dropped her off, and neighbors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member