CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't have any curiousity about the products she sold, who was more perky, or muscled and best dressed. So maybe they were under financial strain, but who cares if it was more her fault his fault whatever. Over and over we see insinuations on the board that she didn't work hard enough.....with lupus, 2 kids under 4, a baby on the way, low blood sugar episodes..my oh my.

Imo they had a big fight when she got home late, she knew he was having the affair, some pushing shoving occurred and the big strong one with so much to lose fought harder, then killed the kids who were woken up and maybe watching.

Just my pov, but I'm more interested in the mechanics of it, why he chose the tanks, did he scope them out ahead of time, what on earth was going thru his mind to put them where they would ultimately be found.

So, important things..was he head over heels for the mistress, when did he start realizing there was a household of albatrosses around his neck....that he would have more $$$ without them....stuff rolling around in his coward brain for months maybe.
As an old person some times i think ive seen it all re relationships, and the ones I'm most skeptical of are the "we're so lovey dovey look at us always smooching and grinning" types.

We all have tensions and masks in our relationships but that doesnt mean our husbands should get some special "stress dispensation" to off the family because he makes more, because she is more smiley and vivacious.....he is a coward coward coward and this became crystal clear when he blamed her for killing her kids after he himself put her in a grave from where she cannot defend herself.

Throw the book at this evil creep and let's get it over with.

Jmo

Presumed innocent until proven guilty.

I apologize, I did not word that well.
Yes, what I was wondering is: what if on top of the financial stress, there was also the pressure to keep up appearances? If they were about to lose the house, how would they explain that? Did C.W. feel like he could stage things to not only look sympathetic to him (poor guy was abandoned by his family), but also “save face” (he had to sell the house, the memories were just overwhelming, he couldn’t stand to be all alone in that big house)?
I don't know if they were stressed financially, if they were about to lose the house or how they would explain it. But, he mentioned to NT that he was either thinking about or planning (can't remember) to sell the house. So, he could have spun it however he wanted to, I suppose.

If you listen closely, in one of the interviews when he is talking about how hard it is to stay in the house, he said something about he wants people there. ? I wondered if he was setting up a reason for someone he wanted to come and stay with him. You know, something innocent like a supportive co-worker - just so he wouldn't have to be alone...because it was so traumatic. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
As an attorney I am well able to remove passion from a case when analyzing it. Which I have done. I am passionate, however, about justice and logic.

It isn't that I don't like the wording in your posts. It's just that the wording is wrong. That's no based on mere lay opinion. It's based on my expertise. There is plenty of actual evidence. Shall we go through it?

The term hearsay applies to what is admissible in a court of law. It doesn't have one thing to do with whether evidence exists or not.

Further, there is plenty of non-hearsay evidence in this case. But even if it was all inadmissible in a court of law, doesn't mean it isn't evidence.

The direct statements of witnesses to reporters, on camera, about what they saw about what they heard CW say, that's not hearsay if repeated from the witness stand in court. Because "admissions" (statements) by a defendant out of court, are not hearsay. And what she herself testifies to as to what she observes, is not hearsay.

Any statements by the decedent fall under hearsay exception in CO.

What the defendant himself said to the media and what he did or did not do, none of that is hearsay.

You know healthy debate and analysis of cases with various viewpoints is valuable. It's why I like this forum. I've learned a lot here. But I do not respect baseless allegations against victims or witnesses as I gave seen on this thread nor do I like posters being accused of being motivated by nothing more than emotion and failing to use logic and reasoning to come to conclusions, when there is ample actual evidence for them to come to the conclusions they have.
I’d love to ask a legal question. I remember reading during Scott Peterson’s trial that any actions the accused makes after the crime was committed cannot be admitted as evidence during the trial for the original crime. That’s in my head, but I know it can’t be true because of Amber Frye’s taped phone call evidence. Is there any kind of evidence law like this?

Hey Everyone,

A bit of clarification.

Please, no more discussion on the viability of Shanann's company or whether her company was or wasn't a pyramid scheme. No more digging up documents or complaints or anything to do with the function of the company. The fact is Shanann's company is not what we are discussing.

If want to discuss if job stress may have contributed to Shanann and Chris' relationship problems please make sure it is in the realm of reality and not the Twilight Zone.

Thank you,
Tricia

I really don't have any curiousity about the products she sold, who was more perky, or muscled and best dressed. So maybe they were under financial strain, but who cares if it was more her fault his fault whatever. Over and over we see insinuations on the board that she didn't work hard enough.....with lupus, 2 kids under 4, a baby on the way, low blood sugar episodes..my oh my.

Imo they had a big fight when she got home late, she knew he was having the affair, some pushing shoving occurred and the big strong one with so much to lose fought harder, then killed the kids who were woken up and maybe watching.

Just my pov, but I'm more interested in the mechanics of it, why he chose the tanks, did he scope them out ahead of time, what on earth was going thru his mind to put them where they would ultimately be found.

So, important things..was he head over heels for the mistress, when did he start realizing there was a household of albatrosses around his neck....that he would have more $$$ without them....stuff rolling around in his coward brain for months maybe.
As an old person some times i think ive seen it all re relationships, and the ones I'm most skeptical of are the "we're so lovey dovey look at us always smooching and grinning" types.

We all have tensions and masks in our relationships but that doesnt mean our husbands should get some special "stress dispensation" to off the family because he makes more, because she is more smiley and vivacious.....he is a coward coward coward and this became crystal clear when he blamed her for killing her kids after he himself put her in a grave from where she cannot defend herself.

Throw the book at this evil creep and let's get it over with.

Jmo
242g011.jpg

I don't know if they were stressed financially, if they were about to lose the house or how they would explain it. But, he mentioned to NT that he was either thinking about or planning (can't remember) to sell the house. So, he could have spun it however he wanted to, I suppose.

If you listen closely, in one of the interviews when he is talking about how hard it is to stay in the house, he said something about he wants people there. ? I wondered if he was setting up a reason for someone he wanted to come and stay with him. You know, something innocent like a supportive co-worker - just so he wouldn't have to be alone...because it was so traumatic. :rolleyes:

Do we know that he told the friends he was thinking about selling the house when he stayed with them, or could it have been something he mentioned to them prior?

When I was in my late 20’s finishing grad school, I sold cosmetics in a large department store. The bay that I worked in had lines such as Lancôme, Ultima II, Germaine Monteil, etc. We received a small commission and the line reps would come out and “train” us. As my sales increased, I ended up getting more advanced training....I believed in the products of my particular line ( not naming it ) and sold it convincingly. I sincerely believed $68 was a great buy for a particular eye cream etc. Over time, I read more about ingredients in cosmetics and within a couple of years, could no longer resist sending those who were financially struggling to good quality drug store items. I finally left sales completely. My point is that, enthusiasm, increased earnings, belief in your product, ( erroneous or not ) can lead to awesome sales. I didn’t think I was behaving unethically at the time ( although later I thought many of the products were blatant rip offs! )
I find myself wanting to defend SW. It just seems she’s lost so much already.

I wonder if when he lost 50lbs and went from an XXL to M shirt size according to SWs video, if his wedding ring no longer fit and they didn't replace/resize it?
I remember that video now! And I did see a lot of him wearing the lupus bracelet. He seriously could have stopped wearing his wedding ring for numerous reasons that none of us will really know. I think it was a thread or two back, I stated that based on personal experiences that was why I noticed him not wearing the ring.

Yes. I have never heard of a case of someone having a psychotic break that severe, coming out of it so quickly and then so calmly and quickly concealing the crimes, lying about it and giving clear, dry-eyed and composed interviews to the media right after. That's not how psychosis, drug induced or otherwise, works.

We have all seen and heard cases of actual psychosis/mental illness-related murder. The perps almost universally either confess or at the least, do not try to hide the crime.

They don't calmly lie and create alibis.
Do you think the word “rage” he used will be linked to supplements or steroids ? Not that I believe that I am curious as to strategy bc I find theirs unbelievable

So....... In the last how long have we learned anything new? I think everyone keeps beating this up so much that everyone is talking crazy...

I’d love to ask a legal question. I remember reading during Scott Peterson’s trial that any actions the accused makes after the crime was committed cannot be admitted as evidence during the trial for the original crime. That’s in my head, but I know it can’t be true because of Amber Frye’s taped phone call evidence. Is there any kind of evidence law like this?

Very good question! I would love to know as well!

Thank you

Thank you. Most of it hurts deeply to read just knowing this is reality and she is gone. Some of it is near unbearable. I am here though because I needed a place to talk and think this out myself as well and I can't talk to our friends because everyone is just hurting so immensely. I want to try and be as objective as possible and unemotional to try and work through it like everyone else.

I can’t imagine how hard this is for you. Thank you for sharing about Shanann with us, and helping us to know her a little better. I really appreciate what you are doing here.

Do we know that he told the friends he was thinking about selling the house when he stayed with them, or could it have been something he mentioned to them prior?
During the interview NT stated that while he was staying with them (after Shannan and kids went missing) he mentioned they were talking about selling the house. He and Shannan. I took that to mean he was setting it up so he could dump the house quickly without raising any eyebrows. Also his comment about not wanting to be in the house therefore staying with them was further confirmation that the house was going to be gone real soon. Premeditated imho

I just went into the media thread and found an interview that I saw in the early days but hadn't seen this particular one/or this part of it repeated since. And I wrote out some hand-written transcript of the part of it I was particularly interested in.

The interviewer says he wants to ask something about the children. Here's a little snippet of the reply CW gave.

"Just ..like.. last night like, during like, I ..... when they usually/normally eat dinner, it was like I miss them, like, I mean I miss telling them "hey, you gotta eat or you're not gonna get your dessert" you know, just like "not gonna get your snack after".
I would be interested in hearing your thoughts about this. I need to watch and listen to all the videos again. Do you have the link handy for this one?

I’m not saying that. I’m saying that if they didn’t have enough money to afford a lavish lifestyle and went in debt because of it, likely both parties are to blame. That doesn’t mean the family should be harmed, but financial stress can make you crazy!!!

They weren’t struggling for money! <modsnipped unnecessary comment>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member