CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember that too, but I really don't think there is a basement door. Hopefully I'll come across that video. I know it's here somewhere.

If not, then that would mean the only way out of the house would be
1)the front door
2)the garage door

I don't recall in pics and video seeing stairs from the back deck. It's on the second floor in the back of the house. If there's no basement door either, that would be pretty strange to only have the two entrances in such a large home.

Right, I do get that...I know men who were married and then turned out to be gay as well.

But how old was he when he married her? The ones I know married young, and then once they got old enough to realize they were unhappy, they were bold enough to come out. Also, they are often people they hang out with in person, friends with, and then just, what the heck, get married.

He purposely pursued her online, supposedly even though she often rejected him and pushed him away.

I guess I’m questioning why he worked so HARD to get her, when he wasn’t even sure he wanted her???? That’s my point. Not the straight vs gay thing, but why he evidently pursued her in a very persistent manner if he wasn’t sure who he wanted?
I can’t get the Thayer’s interview out of my head. They said they spent many nights and weekends together, and CW and SW appeared to be very much in love! Couldn’t keep their hands off one another!

What would have happened to Shanann’s business if they had split up? Would it have crashed? From what I’ve seen they’re all happy little homemakers living the American Dream. Is anyone who sells Thrive single? Divorced?
Lots are single, men and women. I've also seen a few divorces through it, doesn't change the business

So can that account, if it exists, be frozen so he can’t use the money for his defense?

I would have thought anybody that was doing a multi-level marketing organization would have an LLC account with a secretary of state. I thought I had found it previously, but I did not get a match on the address. Has anybody seen her account, or her business, registered with the state of Colorado as an LLC? That is what's most multi-level marketing people do. That has nothing to do with bank accounts, it's just a separation as far as finances and taxes.

I think it will be very eerie for the jury to hear any messages or read any texts from the guy who knew his wife and kids were dead:

"Good morning gorgeous!"

"Hey babe. Calling to say hi and see how your day is going."

"Give me a call when you can. Hope you and the girls are good."
Please don't be any 'I am looking at the Eifel Tower ones... for goodness sake.

I can’t get the Thayer’s interview out of my head. They said they spent many nights and weekends together, and CW and SW appeared to be very much in love! Couldn’t keep their hands off one another!

I know. Read this link for her testimony on how they met and everything he went through with her. It boggles my mind how it ended up like this . and then to think he has possibly been gay or bi this entire time....why would he pursue her SOOOO aggressively and faithfully? He did not have to. Nobody was making him do this.

Shanann Watts Met Husband Chris Online During Dark Period 8 Years Before Murder: 'He Is Amazing'

I wanted to clarify once again, that I wasn’t expressing the whole straight vs gay thing. I feel like somehow lately I am not being understood through the whole typing thing. Ha

Why did he get online and pursue her throughout all of her negativity, illness, and rejection of him? I just read her testimony of how they met, and apparently he went through a LOT to stay with her. And he initiated online contact to begin with. Why? He had to work VERY hard to get her.

Don’t gay guys who end up in straight relationships end up sort of thrown into it, and they go along with it because it’s the thing to do at the time?
Who knows why people do the things that they do. He may not even have seen himself as gay, either by denial or he could have been interested in both sexes. It is easier for men to hook up with other men for no consequences sex than it is for men to get women for the same.

I have been following this thread since the beginning (there has been SO much to read!), but finally got an account so I can contribute to the conversation. This case has gotten under my skin like no other in the past, largely because of how little sense it all makes to me, and partly because of how it hits home with me personally, as the mother of a toddler daughter and an NC native. I'm seeing lots about how friends have been asked not to speak to media, so maybe that plays into this, but I'm surprised I haven't seen anything about CW's or the girls' demeanor at the birthday party they attended that Sunday. Assuming that's the last time the girls were seen by anyone other than CW, I'd think it could be very revealing to know how he presented himself. Though, given his behavior in interviews after the murders, maybe not.

If not, then that would mean the only way out of the house would be
1)the front door
2)the garage door

I don't recall in pics and video seeing stairs from the back deck. It's on the second floor in the back of the house. If there's no basement door either, that would be pretty strange to only have the two entrances in such a large home.

Yes, but CW is seen leaving via the garage. He could not have left by the front door because the latch was in place. The latch is what prevented NUA from entering when she went to check on Shanann.

I know. Read this link for her testimony on how they met and everything he went through with her. It boggles my mind how it ended up like this . and then to think he has possibly been gay or bi this entire time....why would he pursue her SOOOO aggressively and faithfully? He did not have to. Nobody was making him do this.

Shanann Watts Met Husband Chris Online During Dark Period 8 Years Before Murder: 'He Is Amazing'
If true, it certainly makes it easier to understand why he would snap. Living two lives like that would be crazy making!

Reactions: Nah
If true, it certainly makes it easier to understand why he would snap. Living two lives like that would be crazy making!

Agreed. Because the two lives described by the supposed “gay lover” and the life described by SW seem like they would both be super hard to support at the same time! Like two completely different people.

I have been following this thread since the beginning (there has been SO much to read!), but finally got an account so I can contribute to the conversation. This case has gotten under my skin like no other in the past, largely because of how little sense it all makes to me, and partly because of how it hits home with me personally, as the mother of a toddler daughter and an NC native. I'm seeing lots about how friends have been asked not to speak to media, so maybe that plays into this, but I'm surprised I haven't seen anything about CW's or the girls' demeanor at the birthday party they attended that Sunday. Assuming that's the last time the girls were seen by anyone other than CW, I'd think it could be very revealing to know how he presented himself. Though, given his behavior in interviews after the murders, maybe not.
Welcome to Websleuths, Wyldcynic!
We may not know about CW's demeanor at the birthday party, but I'm sure LE does. ;)

I can't possibly keep up with real life and these threads moving so quickly, but I recall a lot of discussion about baby monitors here. Can someone remind me if there are tapes in those monitors that would be able to be retrieved? If they can, and showed SW harming one of the children, then he would have proof that his story is at least somewhat plausible. If the tape was erased, he would have had to do that himself, so why? Or are they just a continuous loop that keeps taping over older stuff?

The monitor is a sticking point for me.
She had Summer infant monitors, I honestly do not know if they record. She's posted images from them but it's usually a phone pic of the screen

If the monitor showed SW harming the children, CW wouldn’t be charged with their murders.

I understand that. Just thinking if there was actual video of the "choking/strangling" it would show exactly which parent did it. And that would confirm/deny the statements of CW. So, did their baby monitors actually record or not? I know nothing about monitors or what type this family yad.

Did you see this? Family friend talks about seeing Chris Watts and his girls just days before the murders

Having been the victim of a man who at minimum was a narcissist and max was a sociopath who also had sex with men, it has a lot to do with wanting to use someone to fool the world while they pursue what they really want. It's sickening, really.

I think it will be very eerie for the jury to hear any messages or read any texts from the guy who knew his wife and kids were dead:

"Good morning gorgeous!"

"Hey babe. Calling to say hi and see how your day is going."

"Give me a call when you can. Hope you and the girls are good."
Please don't be any 'I am looking at the Eifel Tower ones...
It’s probably because there was no (or little) evidence that a crime had been committed at that point. Police did search the house that afternoon, but found no sign of foul play. At that point, Shannan having run off with the kids, must have seemed plausible.

But there was evidence that she didn't 'run off'... because her stuff and the kid's stuff was still at the home. Which by the way LE has witnessed already.

They might have been taken by someone else... but it was too late to hide her stuff... plus he was already acting squirrel like and thought he would do something else stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!