CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FBI became involved after she was still “missing” on Tuesday. They can provide assistance in missing persons cases where there is a possibility a missing person may cross state lines. They will also routinely provide assistance when asked by local law enforcement.

OT kinda.
I don’t understand why the FBI was not brought in on the Anna Maciejewska case. It boils my blood!

Anybody remember that family killer, Chris Coleman, who worked as security for a televangelist? He wanted a clean slate with his wife’s childhood friend.
He was very concerned about what others thought of him and tried to make it look like it was a hit of some kind. I wonder if there are any similarities to this case?
Was he the one who drove his family to North Carolina or Georgia?

I love WS. You all feel like my friends for years. I joined over 10 years ago when Laci died.

Thanks to especially Gitana, BetteDavisEyes.

This case breaks my heart.

Scott Peterson all over again.

Prayers to Shannan, Bella and CeCe.
I can't believe he did those interviews without his ring on... had he already moved on in his mind?
He reminds me so much of Scott P... hey Amber, I am here looking at the Eifel Tower not standing around my dead wife's vigil like I didn't murder her. Unreal.

I'm a little behind so sorry if someone already said this but public attorneys are usually attorneys that are just starting out and need experience. They are perceived as not being good because they are inexperienced and many of them want to be prosecutors. I'm a little shocked that a hot shot attorney hasn't stepped into this case yet. They usually do it for free for the publicity.

I'm also surprised that a garagos type hasn't stepped up. Maybe they're waiting to see what evidence may crop up?

Anybody remember that family killer, Chris Coleman, who worked as security for a televangelist? He wanted a clean slate with his wife’s childhood friend.
He was very concerned about what others thought of him and tried to make it look like it was a hit of some kind. I wonder if there are any similarities to this case?
Before CW confessed I said this will turn out to be a Chris Coleman case.

CW's demeanor, method of killing, lack of screaming heard by neighbors and the way he hid the bodies all point to this being planned by him rather than being about rage. If SW had planned to confront him about his cheating that night, she probably would have mentioned it to her best friend Nichole beforehand, so it's very unlikely they argued about that.

Given that everything points to him planning the murders, it is surprising how inept has was. He obviously didn't anticipate being unable to put SW into an oil tank and her friend stopping by so soon and calling LE.

CW is a mechanic, so perhaps he did think about his phone being tracked along with his truck if it had a GPS. He could have left his phone and detached the truck GPS and temporarily left them at another worksite. From the affidavit we know that the worksite where their bodies were recovered was first identified via a drone which showed a bed sheet. Drones may have been used at many of his worksites. He only confessed after they identified the particular one where he left them.

It's still confusing to think about what his plan was for SW's phone and car. He knew her phone could be tracked and a leased Lexus would almost certainly have had tracking on it.

He had to have know that he would be THE suspect in the disappearance of his family but must have thought they couldn't charge him without physical evidence. So it's doubtful that CW was all that concerned about being outed as a gay or bisexual if he wasn't worried about being suspected by almost everyone for murdering his family even if his plan had worked.

We can't assume she would've told her friend if she had confirmed his infidelity. I am very open, but I would NOT tell my best friend.

She also could've discovered evidence when she got home.

If LE has evidence that CW killed all three, as People Magazine has reported, does that take CW's claim that SW killed the children is off the table as a defense? I wouldn't think the "discovery process" has kicked in yet. How much evidence would the prosecution have to share with the defense? Experts? Gitana? Thanks.

Please forgive my enthusiasm, I'm new here and learning a lot.

Chris Watts Murder Case: Man Claims He Had Affair With Dad Accused of Killing Wife, Kids
He claims police reached out to him after finding his name on the dating app MeetMe, which they found on Watts' cellphone.
This is a common story married men who want to cheat tell:

"He told me that he was the victim of emotional and verbal abuse and he was trapped in a loveless marriage and he didn’t know of any way out because of his kids, because of the girls," the man told Banfield.

Which I know doesn't prove anything either way. Just an observation.

Thanks, but I was referring to the rural area of NC where CW grew up. The poster I was replying to says he/she is familiar with that area.
I live inthe area, maybe 90 minutes from SW family, but in the rural Coastal Plain, like them. I am also the exact same age as CW. It would be HUGE on the gossip/rumor mill, and for someone obsessed with image, I guess that could be a problem. It wouldn't be any worse than that for him--he wouldn't be ridiculed, isolated, banned from the community.

If LE has evidence that CW killed all three, as People Magazine has reported, does that take CW's claim that SW killed the children is off the table as a defense? I wouldn't think the "discovery process" has kicked in yet. How much evidence would the prosecution have to share with the defense? Experts? Gitana? Thanks.

The defense will get all evidence eventually. It wouldn't take te defense off the table but depending on what they have it could make CW more likely to plea.

There's always some kind of defense though.

All evidence needs to be shared with the defence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member