CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I keep coming back to is that in CW's version, he says all this started at 4.00am (and I believe he initially said 5.00am before changing it).

He was seen on camera leaving in his truck at 5.27am, and we know the three bodies were in the truck.

That's not a lot of time for all this to go down. Silently too, since the neighbors didn't hear a thing despite their close proximity. Surely there would be some screaming involved. One hour and 27 minutes to go from a "happy" family to murder and mayhem to loading three dead bodies in a truck and driving away. And then he's calm as a cucumber when speaking to police and the media. Just seems unfathomable.

It's been verified by LE that he was having at least one affair. He had a secret life under the facade of a happy family. I'm still leaning towards premeditation - as in he decided well in advance. He wanted out, and the six weeks alone confirmed it for him, he enjoyed his freedom. Society might look down on a man that just walks out on his wife and kids, but even more so when the wife is pregnant. For some reason, he decided murder (and getting away with it) was the better option. I think the kids were gone before SW got home. I think he was waiting for her. I think she was completely blindsided, and never once suspected CW was a danger to her and the kids. That's just my thoughts thus far, based on what we know now

IIRC, our VI told us that this was one of her regular Saturday morning chats with her team. She wasn't attempting to sell anything here.

I didn't mean she was selling a product. I meant she was selling a "look". And she's going on and on as though trying to be convincing, but there's no zest behind it; it's just a mirage. And it's obvious it's a mirage; that's why I find it so frightening.

But SW is, in fact, selling a product. This is a marketing piece. Lifestyle "fluff" is what her company is about, and it's a sales company.

I'm creeped out by that video. By every image/video of the family I've seen so far, actually, even their voices.

Last edited:
Agreed. It was a long visit -- I can see possibly taking a long visit if a family member is very sick, undergoing a serious operation, etc., etc., but AFAIK, that was not the case here. And it's already been mentioned that SW was leaving her business for a long time -- so something must have made her leave for that long. Bless her heart.
Now there it looks like a pimple or bug bite IMO.
I’ve thought it could be significant, but also possibly something as innocent as a shaving nick.

Thank you. I've read all the discussion about Alexa, but I don't think I've seen it in a MSM source. Did it come from SW's Facebook or did I just miss it in an article, if you know?

I remember seeing a video of the girls talking to it, and I swore it was on her FB but looking quickly, I didn’t see it. Hummm.
I saw a few discussions about backyard etc and what backed up to it, etc and did FB save a video from SWs FB if you need that at all.
Alexa... Not a credible MSM that I’ve seen either. Maybe pencil that on a post it note as a potential ad later. I LOVE your maps btw!!

There are so many 'killings'.
One would think, these people have antisocial behaviour/traits that could be 'observed' far earlier, before these violent incidents occur.
Perhaps Psychologists could be employed routinely for such purposes, and help these people: at schools/workplace/medical centres/community centres etc.
Having assistance early on, may aid them in dealing with and understanding their problems/behaviour.

...I think she was completely blindsided, and never once suspected CW was a danger to her and the kids.....

Agreed.

This is part of that "emptiness" theme I've talked about in a few of my posts just now. SW is not "real". And she either doesn't want to know what's real about her family or knows, but doesn't want it to be so, so she goes about life as though it isn't. She couldn't believe or admit CW was a danger, because it wasn't part of the picture she had created for herself.

4F22EABA00000578-6064433-image-m-17_1534421160800.jpg

images
DksbhurV4AAXPXT.jpg

In the first picture of CW's truck I see mud/dirt caked in the wheel wells. From oil field drop off of bodies?
I also note that there is only one door one each side of vehicle and it was reported that CW put the bodies in the back seat. That must have been difficult to do and a lot of evidence transfer would be present in doing so as he had to move the front seat forward to get them into the back seat. I am assuming because he had what looks to be large tubing or piping in the back of the truck plus it doesn't look like he had a cover for the back of the truck.
CW saying he placed the bodies in the back seat doesn't make it true. It's reported he also backed up truck to the garage allegedly to load up tools. I believe it's likely he placed the bodies in the tool boxes (prevent DNA on interior), thinking he would get rid of the boxes before missing report and while he was still under the radar. Again, NAU threw a wrench in his plan by getting involved so early on Monday. MOO

I seem to be coming at this from a whole different direction than y'all. Maybe that's because I hopped on just today and my mind hasn't been made up about anything to do with this case. Except, I'd gladly go along with the conclusion of CW as perp.
CW is not the only one who lacks affect.
After looking at SW on the video where she describes her upcoming vacation and work trips, I am puzzled. She seems so phony, just an empty kind of person. It all seems about appearances with happy dribbles and video of your family doing mundane things. It's inviting the public in, and there's nothing there.
SW's voice is flat, there's little energy that comes from the heart, the eyes show little, there's so much blank expression. This is a kind of sales job on happiness without there being any real happy to go with it. This is not personal or intimate though it's designed to look that way.
I noticed the same empty, flat, affectless tendencies from SW in the video about the pregnancy reveal. Why is she publishing these videos except out of false intimacy? To convey intimacy? When there obviously isn't a whole lot?
And this came at a time, correct, when in her SM posts she effuses love for her husband and praises his wonderfulness?
This kind of empty posturing in images about who you are reminds me of the Hart case (one of the moms drove off a cliff in Mendocino with the whole family in the car), where everything posted on SM was rehearsed and staged. It's all about appearances. Happy family appearances. "Look at what a great family we are" appearances.
I find SW positively scary, and not just CW.
This kind of personal emptiness of CW and SW is reflected in that empty house, which looks like they never really moved in.
Who are they? For real?

Maybe this is just me, but I'm saying what I see. It jumps out at me.

I understand what you’re saying, and although I want to make sure to steer clear of any victim-blaming, I see the same thing. But we don’t know if SW was just trying really, really hard to convince herself (and clients) that her life was great, when it wasn’t. We don’t know how CW treated her and if he stole the real SW. She had lupus, so life was an effort and perhaps took the edge off her personality, so that it seemed “flat” at times. I don’t know.

We now know that the Hart family (parents) manipulated their image on SM and there are still friends who can’t believe the crash was deliberate. I’m not at all sure that SW falls into that category. I think she is more naive/less sophisticated than that.

Personally, I don’t understand living ones’ life so publicly on social media. When Facebook and then Twitter and Instagram started, my thought was “Who cares about my life and my thoughts to the degree that I need to share them with ‘friends’ or ‘followers’.” Now, of course I do realize that SM is useful for keeping in touch, promoting a business, publicizing missing people, etc. But IMO it has become a substitute for real relationships in many cases. I don’t need to see someone tell their husband they’re expecting. That’s a private moment to share between two people. But this is just JMO and I guess I share my thoughts on WS, if not other forms of SM. :)

I didn't mean she was selling a product. I meant she was selling a "look". And she's going on and on as though trying to be convincing, but there's no zest behind it; it's just a mirage. And it's obvious it's a mirage; that's why I find it so frightening.

But SW is, in fact, selling a product. This is a marketing piece. Lifestyle "fluff" is what her company is about, and it's a sales company.

I'm creeped out by that video. By every image/video of the family I've seen so far, actually, even their voices.
Wow. I guess we just disagree, and that's okay. :)

Ok, this may be a bit far fetched but here goes as I try and work this out in my head.
What if CW played this rouse all along with SW about him being in marital strife with her and unhappy.
CW had SW thinking he was unhappy and outwardly withdrawing and being un- affectionate to her on purpose and having an affair.
Whether he started withdrawing when she went to NC or more likely while she was in NC .
CW says at some point he wants a separation (not a divorce as CW specifically said "separation" as did SW).
What if CW knew SW would tell a friend or family about the hypothetical separation and marital woes.
CW still could have been having an affair or affairs.
But what if CW planted marital issues in SW's mind and yet he had no intention of leaving SW but rather he planned on murdering them.
CW could have planned on murdering them and disposing of them and setting the stage that SW and CW were unhappy in the marriage and that separation was imminent and she ran off with the kids.
CW would be the victim.
CW could keep his secret life secret.
CW would be free and financially unencumbered.
CW would have admitted to the co worker affair and be the reason for SW running away with the girls.
I don't know but maybe he was playing SW with this separation/affair story line for an alibi.
Not saying he was smart and it definitely would have been a bungled plan but just maybe some truth in it??

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. It was a long visit -- I can see possibly taking a long visit if a family member is very sick, undergoing a serious operation, etc., etc., but AFAIK, that was not the case here. And it's already been mentioned that SW was leaving her business for a long time -- so something must have made her leave for that long. Bless her heart.
I had family in NC. Me and my children would fly up for a month to the mountains in the summer. I loved my husband and he loved me. He business was crazy busy during the summer. He was happy to have us with family in WNC mountains.

You are' creeped out' by every image and video of the family, and creeped out by their voices? Even the little girls? I find them adorable and love their voices.

I remember seeing a video of the girls talking to it, and I swore it was on her FB but looking quickly, I didn’t see it. Hummm.
I saw a few discussions about backyard etc and what backed up to it, etc and did FB save a video from SWs FB if you need that at all.
Alexa... Not a credible MSM that I’ve seen either. Maybe pencil that on a post it note as a potential ad later. I LOVE your maps btw!!
Thank you! Believe it or not, I really haven't gone through her Facebook too much. I'm slacking, lol. So many posters have done such a great job sharing all the SM stuff. :)

Last edited:
This is a great narrative/article about Chris Coleman's murder of his family. There are some interesting commonalities. Debt. Affair. Well-liked family man. Wife and two kids strangled in their beds before he left for work.

It's a very engaging read and I think relevant to this case.

A Family Erased: The Chris Coleman Story
That too, was a bizarre nonsensical case. Has their been a decision on Coleman's appeal? Anybody know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member