CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to know how he got from studying automotive in high school and wanting to attend technical school to be a NASCAR mechanic to doing an oral presentation on family preservation in Colorado in 2012. How in the world did he get from point A to point B?

(Good point, btw.)

I have also wondered how he made that leap. Also, what was he doing or where was he working before he was laid off a few years ago as he was making $141K back then? What was he doing in NC before moving to CO?

In many states, Colorado included, they won't let you finalize a divorce if the wife is pregnant. So they could have physically separated (i.e., one of them moved out of the home), and they could file for the divorce (which has a 91-day waiting period), but they couldn't finalize it until the baby was born in . . . [uh . . . due date . . . fifteen weeks in August . . . carry the 3 . . . 36 weeks gestation? . . . ] February! (??)

According to her Amazon baby registry, the baby was due February 1st.

I know nothing about the oil and gas industry. These oil tanks the bodies were placed in — how are they maintained, filled, emptied, cleaned, etc. Would anyone have ever found the two bodies under normal circumstances in the future? Does anyone ever open, look into, drain the tank or anything like that?

If you looked into them, and bodies covered by oil, would you see bodies?
Also draining them, perhaps once drained, you wouldn't know a body remained, unless you physically looked into the oil tank.
Perhaps, once drained, you don't need to look in, as they are covered/have lids, and 'nothing needs to be added', besides oil.
If not for NU, perhaps these bodies may never have be found.
This 'never to be found' is possibly reason CW chose these oil tanks.

Last edited:
I am not sure of the specifics bc I’ve never done it but you can put money in an inmates account for them to use at the commissary. I think phone calls are a separate cost to fund. I assume in this sense the rights of people in custody are the same whether convicted or awaiting trial but I really don’t know.
For phone calls, They call collect and the person on the other end has to accept the charges. It's long distance charges even when they are just a few miles down the road.

Snipped.

<modsnip>

1. No one here has said she's perfect.
2. Family annihilators do what they do because of their own defects, not because of their family's failures.
3. He didn't have to hate them to kill them.
4. The why for many of these annihilators and likely for CW as well is they wanted to be free. Free to have affairs. Free from the financial burdens of family life. Free from the drudgery and monotony of being a husband and father.

It's not that hard to understand. You don't need a chart. He's a creep. He killed his wife and kids. There is no other logical scenario based on the facts of this case.

A jury won't need to hear how awful his wife was in order to find him guilty. They just need to know how awful he is. And they will know that by the fact that he killed his family, loaded them into his car, dumped their bodies and then cooly lied about their whereabouts and his concern for them. With a dry-eyed, well rested face.
I just threw my hands in the air at the people here trying to put her and her children's deaths at her door because she was 'fake and phony' or 'she wore the pants' or 'she forced him into a life he didn't want' or every other reason she can be blamed.
He is no man, he is a shadow of real men.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may have missed this somewhere along the way but why did NU go over to the house? She dropped SW off at 2AM Monday and was back over at the house at 10AM Monday? Is that right or am I missing a day? SW was not feeling well and had gotten in very late. If that was my friend I would assume she was sleeping in.
She hadn’t heard back from her that morning and I believe Shannan failed to show up to meet her, as planned, and NU learned that she had missed her doctor’s appt for that morning. After not feeling well in the trip, NU said she was worried that SW was in the house and in need of help.

One thing I read in my new issue of People magazine this evening struck me: "Text messages and search histories were not deleted."

Now, this guy might not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but c'mon. If he deleted SM a week prior, he wouldn't have the sense to delete his search history or texts ahead of time if he was planning on murdering his family? This points strongly to unplanned IMO.

Or, he really thought he wasn’t going to get caught. Especially so quickly.

I mean what if he killed them & then had to scramble to come up with a plan (hence the sloppiness)?

I go back and forth, but right now I am leaning toward 'not planned.' Look at the state he left the house in---sheets pulled off the bed and thrown in the trash, bedding on the floor (which was likely the only thing out of place in this immaculate house), kids' beds not made, Wife's shoes and suitcase by the front door, purse and cell phone still in the house, didn't do anything to make it look like Wife ran off, her car is still in the garage with the car seats, didn't delete search history.

(The one suspicious thing to me is the deletion of his SM accounts a week before. (Not sure how we know that.))

We've suggested that he ran out of time because she got home late, but that's just a guess.

Alternative scenario: What if he was in such a panic that he loaded up the bodies in the truck and just headed out? (Ironically, the 40-mile route to the tank site is the exact same direction as if he was headed home to North Carolina.) For whatever reason, he stops at this particular Anadarko tank site. Maybe he was going to bury all three bodies, but he found out the ground was too hard, so he left SW in a shallow grave, panicked about what to do with the children, and saw the only hiding spot available right there---the oil tanks. He might have thought he would come back, fish them out of the oil and bury them or take them to a different location---just no rational thinking at all at this moment, only pure panic.

Do we know he actually went to work and didn't just call in and claim to be in the field? (I know---that's what AB says.) Maybe he goes by the office or does some work, then maybe he decides to head home to start cleaning up there, and before he can get back that meddling* NU shows up at the front door (which he can see from his Ring phone app).

And then he gets a call from NU, and I can imagine it going something like a certain scene from the very first Star Wars, when Han, Luke and Chewy shoot up a detention center trying to find the princess, the intercom goes off and Han says, "uh...everything's under control. Situation normal." "What happened?" "Uh...we had a slight weapons malfunction, but . . .uh. . . everything's perfectly fine now. We're fine....we're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?" (Doh!)

What do you think? It's a theory. About as good as any other theory at this point.

(* Scooby Doo reference.)

Not buying it. If he's really in mourning he'll come clean and stop saying Shannan killed their girls. This source needs to just stop already. It's downright shameful.

Agreed. The only thing he is in mourning about is getting caught and what the reality of the rest of his life is likely going to look like i.e locked up in a cell.

She did not physically miscarry..she lost the baby, because her life was lost...

My husband and I were ecstatic when we had news of a third child...went for a scan at 15 weeks we were told the baby was dead and to go home and wait to miscarry (the way they handled this angered me! So nonchalant about it all)...

Anyway, my point is at 15 weeks miscarriage...there isn't just blood on the sheets..its COPIOUS...there would have been blood and tissue everywhere.
I'm sorry for your loss. It makes me sad that so many fail to understand what a devastating loss a miscarriage is. You would think a people in the medical field would understand, and be more caring.

The fitted sheet: killed in bed - shes already on the sheet - why get another? - easier to drag her on the sheets shes already on - intend to redo the bed later.

Background: Unusual that we know NOTHING or almost about him, siblings, home life,
If CW killed SW on the sheet in the master bedroom, that means he didn’t kill her in Bella’s room where he says he ran to strangle her.

Thank you. I always found it confusing because they "count" the time since the beginning of the last period, and conception probably occurred two weeks after that, so what they call 40 weeks is really 38 weeks since conception.

Oh...(epiphany)....so when she said she was 15 weeks pregnant, it probably means she got pregnant 13 weeks before that, huh? So maybe closer to the middle of May instead of the beginning. Not that it makes much difference.

I go back and forth, but right now I am leaning toward 'not planned.' Look at the state he left the house in---sheets pulled off the bed and thrown in the trash, bedding on the floor (which was likely the only thing out of place in this immaculate house), kids' beds not made, Wife's shoes and suitcase by the front door, purse and cell phone still in the house, didn't do anything to make it look like Wife ran off, her car is still in the garage with the car seats, didn't delete search history.

(The one suspicious thing to me is the deletion of his SM accounts a week before. (Not sure how we know that.))

We've suggested that he ran out of time because she got home late, but that's just a guess.

Alternative scenario: What if he was in such a panic that he loaded up the bodies in the truck and just headed out? (Ironically, the 40-mile route to the tank site is the exact same direction as if he was headed home to North Carolina.) For whatever reason, he stops at this particular Anadarko tank site. Maybe he was going to bury all three bodies, but he found out the ground was too hard, so he left SW in a shallow grave, panicked about what to do with the children, and saw the only hiding spot available right there---the oil tanks. He might have thought he would come back, fish them out of the oil and bury them or take them to a different location---just no rational thinking at all at this moment, only pure panic.

Do we know he actually went to work and didn't just call in and claim to be in the field? (I know---that's what AB says.) Maybe he goes by the office or does some work, then maybe he decides to head home to start cleaning up there, and before he can get back that meddling* NU shows up at the front door (which he can see from his Ring phone app).

And then he gets a call from NU, and I can imagine it going something like a certain scene from the very first Star Wars, when Han, Luke and Chewy shoot up a detention center trying to find the princess, the intercom goes off and Han says, "uh...everything's under control. Situation normal." "What happened?" "Uh...we had a slight weapons malfunction, but . . .uh. . . everything's perfectly fine now. We're fine....we're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?" (Doh!)

What do you think? It's a theory. About as good as any other theory at this point.

(* Scooby Doo reference.)
I agree. He may have thought about killing his family in the past, but I think that this crime occurred in the heat of the moment. His coverup was incredibly sloppy, (not dumping the car, leaving items at home that she would take with her, dumping the bodies at work, etc).

Were these oil tanks elevated? Because that would explain why he buried his wife, instead of putting her in the tanks with the children.

Actually, it was posters here who have been sympathetic to CW who have accused NU of snooping and not minding her own business.

Yes, I'm aware of that, but I was thinking of it from CWs point of view... someone who would do something as heinous a he has would probably not accept the blame for getting caught. He would definitely see what NU did as snooping. Now he's got a lot of time to sit and stew and blame NU for his plan failing. NU can't be oblivious to her role in bringing in LE way before CW was ready for them, and thank God she did! Otherwise he may have gotten away with it, or at least had more time to destroy more evidence, stage the scene, and plan out his lies to make it more difficult or even impossible to catch and convict him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meekdoggydogg