CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a pregnancy calculator.

Pregnancy Calculator - Due Date Calculator

If her due date was February 1st, then the first day of her LMP was April 27th. Her fertility window would be 5/07 through 5/17 with her estimated conception date being 5/12 (the middle of her fertility window).

Best guesstimate.

Last edited:
I read somewhere that he had policies through Anadarko as part of his benefits but he had to pay the premiums for them. Now I wonder how that works since he was fired.
He’s not getting a penny, regardless. But that coverage would still have been in effect through the date of the murders, as he was fired when he was arrested.

<modsnip>

I just don't get why people assume because it wasn't meticulous, it wasn't planned.

This guy couldn't even "plan" a good presentation on relationships. And we expect him to plan a meticulous murdering of his entire family? Eh... I'm not even a little surprised that he was so sloppy about it.
Yes, he disagreed with his 'own' presentation. He is a stupid man, who thought he was great man with his tats and his bulked up chest and arms (forgot the leg pumps) and his perfectly groomed and sculptured facial hair. When he was suppose to out searching for his 'missing' wife and children, he was grooming himself and putting on his favourite shirt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not buying it. If he's really in mourning he'll come clean and stop saying Shannan killed their girls. This source needs to just stop already. It's downright shameful.
Not buying it. If he's really in mourning he'll come clean and stop saying Shannan killed their girls. This source needs to just stop already. It's downright shameful.
Yep. He is in mourning. He is mourning the loss of his freedom forever.

<modsnip>

Yes, he disagreed with his 'own' presentation. He is a stupid man, who thought he was great man with his tats and his bulked up chest and arms (forgot the leg pumps) and his perfectly groomed and sculptured facial hair. When he was suppose to out searching for his 'missing' wife and children, he was grooming himself and putting on his favourite shirt.
Not just stupid, but blind to the wants and needs of others as well. He appears to be a narcissist, and as such, he was only concerned about himself, and the image that he projected. He is the center of the universe, his universe.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he's guilty, too. However, I am not convinced it was planned ahead of time. I'm open to various scenarios at this point. With that said, if he did, for example, get into an argument with his wife and kill her, he then made a conscious choice to kill his children. That's premeditation.

One thing I read in my new issue of People magazine this evening struck me: "Text messages and search histories were not deleted."

Now, this guy might not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but c'mon. If he deleted SM a week prior, he wouldn't have the sense to delete his search history or texts ahead of time if he was planning on murdering his family? This points strongly to unplanned IMO.

“One thing I read in my new issue of People magazine this evening struck me: "Text messages and search histories were not deleted."

It also said, “We don’t think this was a situation where someone just snapped...The theory that she did it doesn’t hold any water. There is absolutely no evidence that she killed her children.”

One of the most shocking things for me, is the oil tank aspect. Those bodies have a 100% chance of being discovered (unless I’m missing something), and that location ties the crime directly to him (being his workplace).

I have wondered if this was an operating pad or one that has been put on "hold." If it was on hold and not actively pumping, the bodies would have eventually decomposed. I read somewhere that the operating pads have cameras - has that been confirmed? I doubt that he was the only operator as there are numerous pads in that part of CO.

One of the most shocking things for me, is the oil tank aspect. Those bodies have a 100% chance of being discovered (unless I’m missing something), and that location ties the crime directly to him (being his workplace).
One of the most shocking aspects to me is that CW told LE where to find the bodies. John Skelton has insisted his three sons were given to another family. His prison was 10-15 years.

I am not sure that he knew that and thought that they would believe him, even after all their belongings were still in the home.
They had his phone with his texts and he was still denying having even 1 extra marital affair.
The man is stupid.
When he was premeditating, I can imagine him thinking, “I know! I’ll text my phone from her phone and write, “I’ve left and I’ve taken the girls. You’ll never see us again!”

If CW killed SW on the sheet in the master bedroom, that means he didn’t kill her in Bella’s room where he says he ran to strangle her.
Oh! Good job, Layla. Yes, that's a big deal. I wonder where/if the dogs alerted at the bed. Wherever they alerted, if it's not in Bella's room, CW defense has another hurdle to deal with.

It is not only that, it is the insult of putting his clean little girls in that filthy stuff.

One of the most shocking aspects to me is that CW told LE where to find the bodies. John Skelton has insisted his three sons were given to another family. His prison was 10-15 years.
He must have realized that the bodies would be found soon, and telling LE where to find them, was the only way to sell his ridiculous tale of Shannan's involvement. Skelton was sentenced on "unlawful imprisonment" charges. Hopefully they can nail him on triple murder, before long.

I’ve wondered that. Do they have 100% chance of being discovered? Or would their bodies decompose into the crude oil and become an ingredient of the oil and their bones would sink to the bottom? But I don’t know. I read somewhere that they check those tanks for viscosity, and I wondered if the oil consistency would change significantly with the addition of their flesh. Sorry for being so graphic, I don’t know how else to say it.

I do find it interesting that the defense counsel is moving forward with his story as his defense. Could they really believe him?
My understanding is that they don't have to believe him. They have to mount a vigorous defense regardless of their personal beliefs.
Right now, they're probably focusing on how to save his life.

My understanding is that they don't have to be believe him. They have to mount a vigorous defense regardless of their personal beliefs.
Right now, they're probably focusing on how to save his life.
Exactly. If believing your client were necessary in order to defend them, then there would be a lot of defendants without representation.

Not really.

The code section he's charged with says that a person commits the crime if they terminate a pregnancy unlawfully with the intent to do so.

It becomes a class 2 felony if the person dies while terminating the pregnancy.

In this case, CW terminated the pregnancy using murder of the mother as the method. The state is alleging that he killed her in order to end the pregnancy. I think that's true. He didn't want that third child.

Of course we mostly all believe he also killed her because he didn't want her anymore. But as long as at least part of the reason he killed her was to end the pregnancy, the charge fits.

So the DA is alleging: He terminated the pregnancy by killing the mother. He intended to terminate the pregnancy when he strangled her. Because she died during his attempt to terminate the pregnancy via strangulation of the pregnant mother, he can be charged with the crime.

It's a bit awkward but it works.
I love having you around!

And he claims that he desecrated those little girl's bodies to protect his wife's reputation or that he would be blamed? Two issues here.
Haaaa. That’s why his defense is so ridiculous. If his wife killed them, then why was it necessary to dump the kids bodies in oil tanks and take numerous other measures in order to facilitate a coverup?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy