CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Mac1233 that he will go to his grave sticking to his story. I also agree that the family will never know the reasons why and will have to endure that for the rest of their lives. I don't think CW will take a plea deal though because he probably would think he has nothing to lose to go to trial and everything to gain if he wins. I don't know how it legally all works in terms of charges and minimum years but I do think he will roll the dice with a trial. Also, again I am not knowledgeable of legal matters but I am thinking the prosecution might not offer a plea deal. Is that possible?
I do find it interesting that the defense counsel is moving forward with his story as his defense. Could they really believe him?

Yes, I'm aware of that, but I was thinking of it from CWs point of view... someone who would do something as heinous a he has would probably not accept the blame for getting caught. He would definitely see what NU did as snooping. Now he's got a lot of time to sit and stew and blame NU for his plan failing. NU can't be oblivious to her role in bringing in LE way before CW was ready for them, and thank God she did! Otherwise he may have gotten away with it, or at least had more time to destroy more evidence, stage the scene, and plan out his lies to make it more difficult or even impossible to catch and convict him.
I absolutely agree. NU looking out for her friend, threw a huge wrench in CW’s plan. She may have been a “snooping, nosy friend,” but that’s exactly why CW is in jail right now. No better friend as far as Shannan is concerned, and no worse enemy for CW. Gotta love that.

I do find it interesting that the defense counsel is moving forward with his story as his defense. Could they really believe him?
Unlikely. Its absurd, but there isn’t much else to go with. It may just be the best argument there is. Fortunately it has next to no chance of working.

What if he searched for effects of oil on decomposition? I''m NOT saying he is what he searched as we don't know what he searched, but neglecting to delete search history could simply mean he neglected to delete search history.

It's another piece of the baffling puzzle why he didn't cover more. Deleting searches and texts could have been done immediately after typing them and only takes a second. Was he going to get to the task later? Or was he really convinced he committed the perfect crime?

jmo

I don't think he realized how intense and involved it would be to murder his whole family. Before hand he may have planned what he thought was meticulously. But then the late flight. And so many details that in retrospect seem so obvious. But at that moment, when he's trying to rush to make sure he won't be caught, it may be hard to remember or think of it all.

I don't think he realized how intense and involved it would be to murder his whole family. Before hand he may have planned what he thought was meticulously. But then the late flight. And so many details that in retrospect seem so obvious. But at that moment, when he's trying to rush to make sure he won't be caught, it may be hard to remember or think of it all.
I agree. “The best laid plans of mice and men...”

I think they have about two years to figure out what their defense is going to be. I don't think we know what the defense is until the trial starts.

It could be another shocker like Casey Anthony!

I just don't get why people assume because it wasn't meticulous, it wasn't planned.

This guy couldn't even "plan" a good presentation on relationships. And we expect him to plan a meticulous murdering of his entire family? Eh... I'm not even a little surprised that he was so sloppy about it.

Unlikely. Its absurd, but there isn’t much else to go with. It may just be the best argument there is. Fortunately it has next to no chance of working.
Even with the information we have already verified, if his defense moves forward with the SW did it defense, they are going to look like incompetent fools.

I think it is more likely that if there was biological evidence on the sheets it was either urine or foaming of the mouth (both can happen during strangulation). When a person is trying to breathe through the mouth but has the airway blocked, pressure can build up behind the salivary glands and, for all intents and purposes, hydraulic pressure builds up and produces foam that can come from the mouth and/or nose. Also, when a person dies, all muscles in their body relax, which can cause elimination of bodily fluids.
The obvious and most logical thing C.W. should have done would have been to throw them in the washer with extra detergent and Oxy clean!

He failed to research how a "perfect murder" was possible, if there is such a thing. All of us WS folks know that there is no such thing but we also know what not to do. The closest I have read about is the guy who murdered his family in Maryland and drove them to NC for burial. Had he taken them to the alligator swamp area a little further down the road, no bodies. JMO

He failed to research how a "perfect murder" was possible, if there is such a thing. All of us WS folks know that there is no such thing but we also know what not to do. The closest I have read about is the guy who murdered his family in Maryland and drove them to NC for burial. Had he taken them to the alligator swamp area a little further down the road, no bodies. JMO
One of the most shocking things for me, is the oil tank aspect. Those bodies have a 100% chance of being discovered (unless I’m missing something), and that location ties the crime directly to him (being his workplace).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy