CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I’m not into articles that just say “the source says”. “The source” could be Rumplestiltskin for all I know.

Me too Margarita, that link is riddled with "allegedly" and says " uncorroborated" so have to take these things w pinch of salt.
He may have had gay/bi affair(s) as per HLN's journalist (on MSM) but I'd prefer to stay cautious until we hear more authentication.
Have a thing about disinformation and it's such a hot issue right now, misinfo is another matter.

EDIT - apols if I have it wrong - I'm talking about the Daily Beast which keeps repeating "allegedly" ( even tho it's a summary of stuff from People & HLN. )
‘Everyone Liked Him’: Did Colorado Dad Chris Watts Lead a Double Life?

Last edited:
If found guilty I think SW’s family should have the option to have the final say if CW gets the death penalty or life in prison without the possibility of parole. JMO
They will choose life, moo.

Agree. Father Forbes said, “They [Shannan’s family] do not desire vengeance and death, but justice and life.”

Yeah I’m not into articles that just say “the source says”. “The source” could be Rumplestiltskin for all I know.

Can you please link the article, tia.

The article doesn’t name the source. Unfortunately this is what journalism has become. It used to only be rags like The Natl Enquirer that quoted unnamed sources.
With that said, I’m a subscriber (LOL) and the magazine article being referenced says, “The police source, who asked for anonymity because the officer is not authorized to speak to the press, tells People....”

I'm very curious as to what that evidence is. I had been thinking that he got tired of living life always on display and enjoyed the peace and freedom that came from his weeks of bachelorhood. SW came home from their trip, dropped the kids with him and then took off again. I think he was angry and resentful. I'm still not sure if he snapped on one of the kids and went in to cover up mode or if he planned this out. To me, he truly seemed to be enjoying his kids in the videos. I don't see detachment so much as, "oh look, we're filming again." I don't mean this as anything against SW. CW, and only CW, is responsible for his actions that night. I just think he wanted a different life than what they were living and, unfortunately, his family paid the price for it.
I keep thinking about this, too. All I can come up with is he was so miserable, so tired of pretending, and he hated her so much he thought he’d be better off if they were all dead. He took no responsibility for his part in the life they created together, he blamed her for everything he hated.

I keep thinking about this, too. All I can come up with is he was so miserable, so tired of pretending, and he hated her so much he thought he’d be better off if they were all dead. He took no responsibility for his part in the life they created together, he blamed her for everything he hated.

Agree, Layla. I get the impression that he did not feel like he had any control. Until he got the ultimate control.

Yes! "....he knew only a monster would kill their own children." He may never be able to admit even to himself that he did this. It reminds me of that scene from Psycho, where Norman screams, "Mother, what have you done?!?"

Funny that you should mention Norman Bates from Psycho.
I think much could be gleaned from CW's childhood and complex relationship between himself and his mother.

I was asking about speculation, no rumors. :)

I was just wondering if the rendezvous was at the AP’s residence, a hotel:motel, the Watts’ home...ewwww, maybe out in the oil fields like where he dumped them all.

Also, sorry if I’ve missed this or forgotten the answer-do we know if there was a Life Insurance Policy on SW and the girls?

well we have co-worker from affadavit so even though he's at the Hudson site (iirc) he is mobile as a Field Operative . ( Do correct me if I am wrong - I like corrections. WS cases are like collaborative jigsaw puzzles so I hope people check, as matter of course, that our pieces do actually fit!)

- So he has mobility in a remote area for hook ups w a co-worker. I can't speculate on that co-worker's job role, as not MSM as yet, but am guessing that gives some options for a half-way meet up?
- Also we know from SW's FB ( as well as his Instag) how regularly he went running, so am assuming he had some opportunity there.
- plus we have SW's Thrive trips giving opportunities, esp w baby-sitters

He doesn't seem to be a bright individual but even still I would doubt he'd have AP in his own home if kids were awake, or in his truck with the kids ( as per MSM HLN) and risk Bella telling mum.

JMO
I've never had an affair with a married man so IDK but I have been with a "player" before.
Edit: also not judging anyone here, who has had an affair w a married person. Stuff happens obviously or the divorce rate wouldn't be sky hgh

Last edited:
I just have to wonder why the Frederick Police, or any other LE for that matter, is talking to People Magazine off the record?
Woodward and Bernstein used many unnamed sources to get to the truth in Watergate, and they were right. There have always been anonymous sources in journalism. Informants with direct knowledge of a situation for one reason or another don’t feel able to tell what they know on the record. I’ve always thought People Magazine had more credibility than many others, but maybe I’m wrong. I can’t say for sure. The article does makes sense to me, and the information contained doesn’t contradict anything I knew before I read it.

Very true. I wonder how careful/clever CW was. It didn't take LE long to find out about the affair and he certainly didn't hide SW's body too well. Regardless, I have no doubt phones will play a big part in this, they always seem to these days.

Jumping off this post, even if HE used a burner phone, once the AP was identified, he/she likely had to turn that phone in to LE.

Woodward and Bernstein used many unnamed sources to get to the truth in Watergate, and they were right. There have always been anonymous sources in journalism. Informants with direct knowledge of a situation for one reason or another don’t feel able to tell what they know on the record. I’ve always thought People Magazine had more credibility than many others, but maybe I’m wrong. I can’t say for sure. The article does makes sense to me, and the information contained doesn’t contradict anything I knew before I read it.

Good point! And I didn’t mean I wasn’t a fan—I’m a subscriber so it obviously doesn’t bother me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
world1971