CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The same happened to my first and (then) only post. I pointed out the spelling of a user’s name. The reason given was that you’re not allowed to make “cracks” about other users. I didn’t mean it as a crack at all, and felt badly, but it did get deleted.
:) Welcome to Websleuths, @Kim bird ! :)
Thank you for joining us.​

I imagine at that time of night, given her not feeling well and having a delayed flight, she wanted to go to bed and sleep. I'm pretty obsessive about keeping up with my email, but I don't think I'd care at 2 am unless I couldn't sleep. But that's just me! :)

Why did my post correcting another users misinformation about IUDs get deleted? It was my first post, yes, but it was relevant to the conversation. Thanks for the warm welcome, I guess.
Very discouraging to spend so much time reviewing this thread and seeing a message at the bottom that I only had "356 more posts" to review.

In total, 2 hours of reviewing resulting in 129 posts being removed, primarily due to off-topic discussion derailing the thread, including but not limited to:

- opinions on the death penalty
- members own medical issues and meds, malaria, etc
- the bible, the Pope, the governor (stick to MSM and LE)
- building tiny houses
- teen suicide
- IUDs
- Robin Williams

etc etc

Also, please note:

General discussion about politics, religion, the death penalty, sexual orientation (unless it is germane to this particular case) are off-limits.

Link to or discussion re articles at The Center for Public Integrity are not an allowed due to it being a political, left wing publication.

This is a very busy thread and we can't have it being derailed. Please stay on topic and be respectful with your words.

Thanks.

This thread is open again but will close for the night in about another 5 or 6 hours.

My hunch--this is pure speculation--is that he intended to spend Monday evening cleaning up and then he was going to report them missing on Tuesday. I suppose he could have been planning on doing that Monday night when he returned home, but it seems like things were still in too much chaos at the house for him to report as soon as he got home. Perhaps he would have reported it late on Monday after he had a chance to tidy up.

Either way, I think he was going to use the separation claim as a reason why he wasn't alarmed when he didn't hear from her.

Agree! I think it was his plan to use the emotional conversation/separation as a reason SW left with the girls that day. I also believe if he would have been able to accomplish everything, we may have seen a much less anxious and a more convincing CW in his media interviews. JMO.

I also think CW was unaware of his neighbor's video cam and that he became aware of it after LE pointed out the cam showed that SW and the girls never left the house that morning. In one of his media interviews, CW was trying to suggest they could have left through the back door and that there were no security cams in back. JMO.

Imagine how quickly LE could have been able to move in the Laci Peterson case if they could have proven, thanks to a neighbor's security cam, that Laci never left the house or walked her dog that morning?

Why would he leave that job for one that pays less than half?

My two cents as a former oilfield worker - base pay with a good oilfield job is only part of the story. Many oilfield companies triple match your 401k contribution, give you tens of thousands in stock, give you cool swag, free breakfast and lunches, and a yearly bonus in February that can equal half your salary. Some companies even have real pensions instead of 401ks. Plus if you like to be by yourself a lot, without a boss breathing down your neck, being a pumper as he evidently was is a very good job with that independence. If you can stand the pace, the busts, and the work, it is exhilarating to be part of the oil patch. But I was surprised to see a pumper's salary of only 61. That is about 20 less than around here (Permian Basin). And evidently no per diem. But you have a lot of breathing room as a pumper. And often have a schedule that gives you a long run of days off after being on.

Agree! I think it was his plan to use the emotional conversation/separation as a reason SW left with the girls that day. I also believe if he would have been able to accomplish everything, we may have seen a much less anxious and a more convincing CW in his media interviews. JMO.

I also think CW was unaware of his neighbor's video cam and that he became aware of it after LE pointed out the cam showed that SW and the girls never left the house that morning. In one of his media interviews, CW was trying to suggest they could have left through the back door and that there were no security cams in back. JMO.

Imagine how quickly LE could have been able to move in the Laci Peterson case if they could have proven, thanks to a neighbor's security cam, that Laci never left the house or walked her dog that morning?
I've also wondered about that video cam and if it was the source of his overly precise times for her arrival and his departure.

I found him knowing she arrived home at 1:48 am and that he left at 5:27 am a bit odd, and if I recall correctly, some of his initial statements were more vague. My brother is the type of person who would know that, but he is a very anal retentive, precise person. That isn't how CW has been described personality-wise. It indicated to me he either had been told specific times or he was paying careful attention to that for the purposes of an alibi.

Could he be so disassociated from emotional ties that he could live with himself after he did this?

I think so, if he could successfully compartmentalize the event and put it way up on a mental shelf somewhere. Putting it on a shelf does not mean that he has no memory of it -- it just means that he can look back at it as if it were a picture, etc. Now that he has been arrested, however, who knoze what his thinking is -- but the other thing is still on a shelf. We'll have to wait and see if he is able to block it emotionally during pre-trial and trial, etc. I'm thinking he can. And if we see tears, I'm betting they'd be the fake kind.

I do wonder how he is doing behind bars.

In one of his media interviews, CW was trying to suggest they could have left through the back door and that there were no security cams in back. JMO.

SBM

Good thoughts. I've been meaning to say that I don't think the Watts' home had a back gate. Their lot backed up to an undeveloped set of lots until fairly recently, when a developer started building what looks like some multi-family homes behind them. We could go back to some of the video of SW on the deck or CW mowing the lawn to make sure, but I'd bet a wooden nickel that there is not back gate, just a gate on the garage side of the house that goes to the front. We don't typically have back alleys in Colorado. Sometimes there will be a gate from a back alley into an open space, but I doubt that would happen here.

The fence in back was 6 feet high, so I don't see pregnant SW or the two young children scaling the fence to sneak away from CW.

Hmm but she could do this on her phone...why go on a computer?
Maybe this is why her phone ended up in the seat cushions in the upstairs loft. BUT, I imagine she would have went in to check on the girls before reading her phone. Perhaps she just tossed it on the couch on her way to their room. I still believe the girls were already gone when she got home. Maybe the girls were still in their beds after he killed them and he sadistically watched her over the monitors while she tried to revive them.

If a person is bi-polar or has a schizo effective disorder they become psychotic. Either a mood stabilizer or one of the newer antipsychotic drugs will put a stop to that. Antidepressants do not do this.
Was Chris Watts using antidepressants? If so, link, please, as I've missed it. If not, I'm wondering why the perseveration?

Wow, thanks! Quite a tour -- I had no idea that Colorado has this much oil business, etc.

CW took a looooooong ride to this sight. And the leaning power poles were spooky.
He had plenty of time to think about things while he was going to/from the location, IMO.
SMH
Just enter this lat/long to see the location using Google maps (or other similar app.) :

40.216244, -104.366670

I watched the same video, CW: Looking for the oil well

It is VERY remote. I am convinced he did not intend for the bodies to be found.

I also believe if he'd had his chance to set the scene, and wasn't confronted with strong evidence of guilt by LE causing him to "confess" (make up his new story on the fly), that there's a good chance they'd still be missing.

SBM

Good thoughts. I've been meaning to say that I don't think the Watts' home had a back gate. Their lot backed up to an undeveloped set of lots until fairly recently, when a developer started building what looks like some multi-family homes behind them. We could go back to some of the video of SW on the deck or CW mowing the lawn to make sure, but I'd bet a wooden nickel that there is not back gate, just a gate on the garage side of the house that goes to the front. We don't typically have back alleys in Colorado. Sometimes there will be a gate from a back alley into an open space, but I doubt that would happen here.

The fence in back was 6 feet high, so I don't see pregnant SW or the two young children scaling the fence to sneak away from CW.

Agree and I think he was feeling a bit desperate to try to explain how SW and the girls could have left the house without being detected by the neighbor's video cam. JMO.

Was Chris Watts using antidepressants? If so, link, please, as I've missed it. If not, I'm wondering why the perseveration?
No evidence that he was. Someone speculated and it turned into a lot of misconceptions about psychotropic drugs that some of us were trying to correct. I guess some people believe it’s relevant but I really don’t agree.

I wasn't blaming the vitamins, I just think that someone with a pharmacological background should look into what CW specifically was taking (and that could include the Thrive patches, other supplements, prescription medication, OTC medication, and other controlled substances) that might have caused him to be quick tempered or especially irritable. We know from the advertising claims that the patches gave users incredible amounts of energy, so there might be some form of stimulant, even if this is caffeine. Or the energy could come from changes in metabolism from eating fewer carbs and exercise.

Well Bill I would say that yours is a more educated theory than some of the others so this wasn't souch directed at you. Thank you for being a voice of reason as well. You're not wrong on the line of thought. When my ex snapped and tried to kill me we found out after the fact he had stopped taking his anti-depressants, cold turkey for about a week. He was also diagnosed as BPD so there was a lot wrong already but when you're playing chemical roulette with your brain chemistry it can end very badly. I do not know of anything either of them may have taken in addition to their Thrive regiment so I can't speak on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx