Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
John List, and Bradford Bishop didn’t commit suicide, but they ran, which adds a different element in terms of their psychology. For this reason, I’m not sure that they’re a valid comparison.

Incidentally, they each killed their mother, their wife, and their three children. List made it 18 years before being captured. Bishop hasn’t been found.

And Christian Longo killed his wife and 3 children before taking off to Mexico to start a new life (under someone else's name). MacDonald is brought up a lot but I find the crime much more similar to Longo's, right down to accusing the wife of killing the kids.

He’s not! Did you see my post about the pregnancy? I don’t think we should assume he wanted this baby just because that’s what SW said. With the clues we have and a little bit of common sense, the truth is obvious IMO.
I don't think he wanted baby #3 either. In fact that pregnancy surprise announcement IMO was when he started to formulate a plan. After a weekend alone with two kids and a wife who would probably be traveling even more, leaving him with 3 kids, he decided they would have to meet with some accident or abduction.
Then of course there is always the possibility the AP issued an ultimatum.
It didn't take much for Susan Smith or Casey Anthony to kill their kids, just a boyfriend who was not interested in dating someone with children..

And Christian Longo killed his wife and 3 children before taking off to Mexico to start a new life (under someone else's name). MacDonald is brought up a lot but I find the crime much more similar to Longo's, right down to accusing the wife of killing the kids.
Yeah. It’s not far off. The key difference for me in this case, as compared to Longo, is this guy didn’t run. Not only that, but he doesn’t appear to have made any effort to do so. I don’t know if that means he’s more arrogant, this crime occurred so fast that he didn’t have time, or this is the case for some other reason.

I am so curious to see what he is going to use as his defense. In the mean time, I am going to follow the trial that is just starting here:

DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #21

4 innocent people, including a young boy, killed during a home invasion, in Wash DC. Should be a very interesting trial.
That was a horrific case. It’s a shame it’s taken this long to get to trial. Hopefully Mr Watts doesn’t have to wait that long. I’m sure he’s eager to begin his life sentence as soon as possible. Or maybe that’s just me?

Yeah. It’s not far off. The key difference for me in this case, as compared to Longo, is this guy didn’t run. Not only that, but he doesn’t appear to have made any effort to do so. I don’t know if that means he’s more arrogant, this crime occurred so fast that he didn’t have time, or this is the case for some other reason.

I believe his plan was to use the alleged “emotional conversation” to make it seem like SW took off with the girls. Then, NAU and the police jumping in so quickly messed up his timeline and ability to stage the disappearance.

It still would have been a ridiculous plan. It’s pretty obvious to me that if she took off, she’d go to her family. No one was ever going to believe she ran off to start a new life like she was in witness protection.

I believe his plan was to use the alleged “emotional conversation” to make it seem like SW took off with the girls. Then, NAU and the police jumping in so quickly messed up his timeline and ability to stage the disappearance.

It still would have been a ridiculous plan. It’s pretty obvious to me that if she took off, she’d go to her family. No one was ever going to believe she ran off to start a new life like she was in witness protection.
I absolutely agree with you. And you’re right, no one would have bought it, even if he was able to complete his coverup. He would simply have been delaying the inevitable.

I agree 100%!

Jinx! I just wrote the same thing, lol.

Maybe I'm still perplexed on this GPS coordinate thing. IDK and please tell me if I am correct in my assumptions, please!!!

CW hid the bodies at an oil storage tank site that is owned or operated by his employer - am I correct?

This same oil storage tank site is not in Hudson proper, but is actually a few miles up the highway from Hudson - am I correct?

Do we know if CW had responsibilities for checking on that site? If I am correct in my first two assumptions, I am assuming that part of CW's job duties may have included checking on this specific oil tank storage site?

I'm assuming this because the site is way off the beaten path. A person would need to know where they were going to get there, and they would need to know how to get in. It looks like they would also need specific access to get into the site itself.

The GPS coordinates for where the bodies were discovered are shown in the warrantless arrest affadavit. I typed in those exact GPS coordinates into the GPS locator website I listed in my original post and it identified the location as Hudson, CO. Even though it isn't really Hudson, it said Hudson.

I'm assuming CW was aware there was GPS on his truck and he was also aware that LE would verify his story of where he said he went against his truck's GPS. And it would check out.

If I'm correct in all of my assumptions, then CW told LE the truth about where he had gone early Monday morning. If CW had been able to get all three bodies into oil storage tanks, and if he hadn't left the sheet behind, my thoughts are there would be "nothing" visible to be found by LE.

Am I way off on this?

Interesting he didn't say 'they were both dead', eh?
I wonder it means anything in legal world.

Witnessing Shenann actively strangling her baby VS
both babies were dead when he returned to his bedroom, therefore killed her in a rage. If it does mean something, he definitely had been coached.
Was the word “actively “ possibly a brief summary by detective of his discriotion of events? He admits to strangling her obviously but the words are possibly not word for word quoted .

Was the word “actively “ possibly a brief summary by detective of his discriotion of events? He admits to strangling her obviously but the words are possibly not word for word quoted .
That’s what I think, a paraphrased quote. “Actively strangling” is law enforcement speak.

I don't get why he didn't at least take her purse, the epi pens, etc and dump them along the way.

I think he thought he’d have time to do that later and all at once with the car, maybe?. Primary focus was to show up at work, be normal, and put in a regular day. He clearly was not expecting the police to be called to his home in the middle of his “nothing wrong here!” average day.

Maybe I'm still perplexed on this GPS coordinate thing. IDK and please tell me if I am correct in my assumptions, please!!!

CW hid the bodies at an oil storage tank site that is owned or operated by his employer - am I correct?

This same oil storage tank site is not in Hudson proper, but is actually a few miles up the highway from Hudson - am I correct?

Do we know if CW had responsibilities for checking on that site? If I am correct in my first two assumptions, I am assuming that part of CW's job duties may have included checking on this specific oil tank storage site?

I'm assuming this because the site is way off the beaten path. A person would need to know where they were going to get there, and they would need to know how to get in. It looks like they would also need specific access to get into the site itself.

The GPS coordinates for where the bodies were discovered are shown in the warrantless arrest affadavit. I typed in those exact GPS coordinates into the GPS locator website I listed in my original post and it identified the location as Hudson, CO. Even though it isn't really Hudson, it said Hudson.

I'm assuming CW was aware there was GPS on his truck and he was also aware that LE would verify his story of where he said he went against his truck's GPS. And it would check out.

If I'm correct in all of my assumptions, then CW told LE the truth about where he had gone early Monday morning. If CW had been able to get all three bodies into oil storage tanks, and if he hadn't left the sheet behind, my thoughts are there would be "nothing" visible to be found by LE.

Am I way off on this?
Oh I feel sure it will be revealed that these tanks were on his own service route and no one else usually went near them. Then if some malfunction occurred, he would be the one to be called and could go and rectify a problem. Doesn't seem that burying her close by presented any problem, as it was so isolated. Near perfect plan, eh? It maybe that the shallow grave was a temporary glitch, he may have had plans to scout out another larger, easier tank in which to move her remains at a later date.

I don't think he wanted baby #3 either. In fact that pregnancy surprise announcement IMO was when he started to formulate a plan. After a weekend alone with two kids and a wife who would probably be traveling even more, leaving him with 3 kids, he decided they would have to meet with some accident or abduction.
Then of course there is always the possibility the AP issued an ultimatum.
It didn't take much for Susan Smith or Casey Anthony to kill their kids, just a boyfriend who was not interested in dating someone with children..

Diane Downs also killed one of her children and seriously wounded the other two over a boyfriend who didn't want to date someone who had children.

Wonder how CW's AP views him now?

Oh I feel sure it will be revealed that these tanks were on his own service route and no one else usually went near them. Then if some malfunction occurred, he would be the one to be called and could go and rectify a problem. Doesn't seem that burying her close by presented any problem, as it was so isolated. Near perfect plan, eh? It maybe that the shallow grave was a temporary glitch, he may have had plans to scout out another larger, easier tank in which to move her remains at a later date.

Thank you ZsaZsa!

Diane Downs also killed one of her children and seriously wounded the other two over a boyfriend who didn't want to date someone who had children.

Wonder how CW's AP views him now?
She had some severe issues going on there. I remember an interview where she said something to the effect of wanting to have kids so they would love her. A normal person wants kids so they can love them. Ann Rule’s book on the case was very enlightening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme