Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not informed on the mechanics of baby monitors but is it possible that there was a monitor on each nightstand (CW and SW), and he saw Bella blue on SW nightstand monitor, and Celeste on his bedside Monitor?
Seattle1, I haven't read anywhere that CW had a baby monitor on his bedside night table before.
I was only aware of the baby monitor on SW night stand table.

snipped:
moonlessnight
New
This is simply an affirmative defense, and it is absolutely sickening. It, in effect, blames and insults the victims posthumously. Sick, sick defense lawyers extract any info they can use from batterers to help them twist the blame onto the victim, to cast doubt, and to slander. Any defense lawyer who engages in this type of play is reprehensible and should be sued for slander when the murderer is found guilty.

note - you can't see if a body is blue over a baby monitor (esp if it's black and white) particularly if they have only just perished.

There has been a lot of discussion on WS as to whether CW could actually see a child being "blue" via the baby monitor and the type of baby monitor (black and white or a color monitor).
I think the general consensus is that CW could not tell by looking at the monitor is his child was blue.
I’ve said something to this effect before, but I don’t care if he had 10 baby monitors covering every angle of the room. He never would have seen a thing, because his scenario didn’t happen.

I hope that LE is able to demonstrate that his claim is impossible, if just to close another door to his defense.

@gitana1 Hi Gitana, I have a couple of questions,
1. When a suspect makes a confession, is the entire confession usually included in the affadavit, or just a brief synopsis of it?
2. How come so many LE are included on the witness list? Is that normal?
Thanks!

I would have thought that meant the baby died as a result of her death, but the wording makes it sound like she died as a result of the baby's death, which is gruesome on a whole other level.

I imagine that life was just not working out as he intended so he decided to start over. These guys do not see other people as important or existing outside of his own perception. Other people, even their children, are accoutrements to his image and when he is ready for something else, he gets them out of the way and on to the next thing.

I co-parent with one. I was lucky to have been given the chance to get out with my daughter under the oversight of the law and the courts while he was in jail. My exes' goal is to ruin me and take full custody, and as long as I prevent that, he continues to compete in the better parent game, which keeps my child as safe as she can be while she is with him, because his image of being as good of a parent as me is important to him as long as I am in the picture. And he knows I will go legal on him at any mis-step.

BBM I don't have a answer for you but I wanted to add to the cause of death. I read that SW died as a result of unlawful termination of her pregnancy. This is the exact wording: "On or about August 13, 2018, Christopher Lee Watts with the intent to terminate unlawfully the pregnancy of a woman, namely: Shanann Watts, feloniously and unlawfully terminated the pregnancy of the woman. Further, the woman died as a result of the unlawful termination of the pregnancy, in violation of 18-3.5-103(1),(2), C.R.S COUNT 7-TAMPERING WITH A DECEASED HUMAN BODY (F3) Does this seem odd wording? Please forgive me if this was already discussed....https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/001/COMPLAINT AND INFORMATION.pdf

Try thinking of it another way. What if CW did not push for baby #3?
What if the pregnancy was attempt to “keep” him, or even was a message to the AP?

If it was planned, wearing a t-shirt that says “Oops! We did it again!” implies it was a result of a night of passion. Per her SM, she also had a shirt made that said, “All I wanted was a back rub.” Wearing this shirt with a baby bump implies he just couldn’t keep his hands off her.

Also, besides implying they had an active sex life that resulted in an “oops,” she posted & told people that it was all his idea. This is conflicting on the surface, but both send the message he was “all in.”

Now think about whom she would have wanted to receive that message, loud and clear?

those might have been made by SW as veiled messages about forcible rape. abusive men use pregnancy to control their partners.

I would have thought that meant the baby died as a result of her death, but the wording makes it sound like she died as a result of the baby's death, which is gruesome on a whole other level.

I imagine that life was just not working out as he intended so he decided to start over. These guys do not see other people as important or existing outside of his own perception. Other people, even their children, are accoutrements to his image and when he is ready for something else, he gets them out of the way and on to the next thing.

I co-parent with one. I was lucky to have been given the chance to get out with my daughter under the oversight of the law and the courts while he was in jail. My exes' goal is to ruin me and take full custody, and as long as I prevent that, he continues to compete in the better parent game, which keeps my child as safe as she can be while she is with him, because his image of being as good of a parent as me is important to him as long as I am in the picture. And he knows I will go legal on him at any mis-step.

I think it’s worded that way because it’s the only way to get a charge on behalf of Nico. CO either doesn’t have a homicide law that covers an unborn child or he was not far enough along to qualify for it. Honestly not sure which.

Also, I’m truly sorry for your situation with your daughter. She’s lucky to have you standing up for her.

I believe his plan was to use the alleged “emotional conversation” to make it seem like SW took off with the girls. Then, NAU and the police jumping in so quickly messed up his timeline and ability to stage the disappearance.

It still would have been a ridiculous plan. It’s pretty obvious to me that if she took off, she’d go to her family. No one was ever going to believe she ran off to start a new life like she was in witness protection.
It is ridiculous to the point of nonsensical. The first thing LE would do was check his alibi. The worksite had security video cameras. Unloading bodies from his truck would be compelling evidence. JMO

I have noticed a few people ask about the monitor. There is an actual video on FB (can't link) that show they had a monitor that switches automatically from one room to the other.

MacDonald was a physician and was probably aware that every member of his family had different blood types. He left an extremely bloody crime scene but concocted a crazy "hippies did it" story and some people actually believed him.

It was the blood evidence - the different blood types
of each family member, including MacDonald's own blood that told the real story of what had happened. MacDonald is a very intelligent guy, and he doesn't seem delusional, but he'll likely go to his grave insisting that the hippies did it.
I didn't follow that case but wasn't there a lot of criticism about sloppy crime scene and evidence gathering? I think that is his basis for his latest appeal.

This video includes a very brief clip (2:23 – 2:50) of an interview with Jeremy and Jennifer Lindstrom who were with CW, Bella and CeCe just hours before the murders. Jeremy is now listed as a potential witness in the case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP46E37QzGQ

This was the couple who held the birthday party for their little boy just days before their murders.

MacDonald was a physician and was probably aware that every member of his family had different blood types. He left an extremely bloody crime scene but concocted a crazy "hippies did it" story and some people actually believed him.

It was the blood evidence - the different blood types
of each family member, including MacDonald's own blood that told the real story of what had happened. MacDonald is a very intelligent guy, and he doesn't seem delusional, but he'll likely go to his grave insisting that the hippies did it.
You are so right. MacDonald will not change his story and there are still people who believe him. The courts continue to give him another bite of the apple. There's been a filing before the Fourth Circuit since Jan. 2017. BTW I've read he didn't know about the blood types and they told the whole story. Also, the prosecution only used about 60% of their evidence in the case.

Just started this murder of a young woman and her babies. I am 19 threads behind but I hope to catch up someday. Beyond comprehension that a man could murder his wife, unborn child and two precious babies.

This video includes a very brief clip (2:23 – 2:50) of an interview with Jeremy and Jennifer Lindstrom who were with CW, Bella and CeCe just hours before the murders. Jeremy is now listed as a potential witness in the case.

This was the couple who held the birthday party for their little boy just days before their murders.

Thanks. I have seen a couple of interviews with him but nowhere has he said that their daughter babysat for CW on the Sat (11th).

I am bringing up something as speculation only... I read where SW had been looking at homes in north carolina as if she was thinking of moving back home. Has anyone else read this. I can't remember where I read that.

It is ridiculous to the point of nonsensical. The first thing LE would do was check his alibi. The worksite had security video cameras. Unloading bodies from his truck would be compelling evidence. JMO

If there were working cameras at the work site, LE would have caught CW disposing of the bodies. I'm thinking those cameras must not have been working because LE flew a drone over the work site and that detected the bed sheet and clandestine grave.

Thanks. I have seen a couple of interviews with him but nowhere has he said that their daughter babysat for CW on the Sat (11th).
Maybe a week ago on Ashleigh Banfield, (yes, I know some don’t care for her), she had said that Chris Watts had a babysitter on Saturday night. I don’t know who the babysitter was, but I wonder what Chris was doing.

Maybe a week ago on Ashleigh Banfield, (yes, I know some don’t care for her), she had said that Chris Watts had a babysitter on Saturday night. I don’t know who the babysitter was, but I wonder what Chris was doing.
I’m pretty sure we could guess what he was doing. The only question is who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18