Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. So he really was starting to gun for a side door abduction scenario.

But why tell people she was going to stay with a friend instead of saying she must have been abducted from the get go.

Its like the she left me was his very 1st plan. But then a possible abduction was his plan b once they seen her car was still there hours after he went to work.

Too bad he didn't truly act like his family has just been abducted. Smh.

But thank you. Because I never watched none of his interviews.
I think he got interrupted in whatever his real plan was so he was thinking on his feet and just tossing out scenarios to try and explain away his family's absence. We don't even know if there was a side door and if so whether it was locked. Or even if his neighbour's camera would have covered that side area...

I think he got interrupted in whatever his real plan was so he was thinking on his feet and just tossing out scenarios to try and explain away his family's absence. We don't even know if there was a side door and if so whether it was locked. Or even if his neighbour's camera would have covered that side area...
Agree.

I think his main plan was to get home uninterrupted and start using her phone to send fake texts and emails to Nicole and others.

That would gain him more uninterrupted time for the next few days to finish staging whatever.

I wonder if LE is going to find where CW looked up that other case and maybe that is how he got the idea to come up with the story of claiming his wife was killing the other kids.
Its going to be VERY interesting to hear the findings from the computer forensics on what was on his computer/internet search history.

Last edited:
Watched a video on SW facebook page that showed SW had access to seeing her daughter while her daughter was in her bed on SW's phone just like on a baby monitor. Was this discussed before that SW had remote access via her cell phone into the girls bedrooms?

Can I post SW video from facebook video onto WS?

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched a video on SW facebook page that showed the backyard and the fence line. There is no gate back there. Some were questioning if there was a gate and there doesn't appear to be one.

Can I post SW video from facebook video on WS?

Watched a video on SW facebook page that showed the backyard and the fence line. There is no gate back there. Some were questioning if there was a gate and there doesn't appear to be one.

FB links only per WS TOS.

The truck that they towed off appeared to be a personal vehicle so I assume that was the one that carried the bodies. After dumping the bodies, perhaps he picked up his work truck and when on to the locations. Also the video on this site showed that the CERVI 319 located had a gate that was locked with a chair and padlock. It would have been harder to have tracked him here if it was his personal truck and if the well did not have an electronic keypad or FOB that would have identified who was going in to the location.
So you’re thinking it was his personal truck that he backed up to his garage, loaded the bodies, then drove out to the fields and dumped them. Then does he drive his personal truck back home, park it a couple blocks away from his house, go back to his house, get his work truck, and drive back to work? As I type this, it doesn’t make much sense, but I can’t figure out the personal vs work truck.

Watched a video on SW facebook page that showed SW had access to seeing her daughter while her daughter was in her bed on SW's phone just like on a baby monitor. Was this discussed before that SW had remote access via her cell phone into the girls bedrooms?

Can I post SW video from facebook video onto WS?
If true that she had access to view the cam from her cell phone, this might change when I think the girls were killed ... to after SW got home after 1:48am.

In the previous thread, @The Saint said that CW had life insurance on his kids and then asked, "Who does that?" Answer? Smart people (or, in this case, people planning something). But mostly smart people.

As far as why CW got insurance on the kids? Could be premeditation, could be be what-if scenario planning, or it could just be that his job offered it. The insurance that we have on our kids can be cashed out. When they turn 18 they can withdraw $8,000. We thought that might be a good graduation present.

IIRC Gerber has insurance that you buy for an infant and keep for life. They've offered it forever. It's very inexpensive. I believe it's very popular.

If true that she had access to view the cam from her cell phone, this might change when I think the girls were killed ... to after SW got home after 1:48am.
Agreed sun16, I thought it was worth posting what I saw on the video because I don't recall anyone on WS pointing out that SW could see the girls in their beds from her cell phone and it does change things in my mind too.

I used the coordinates provided in the warrantless arrest affidavit and typed it into www.gps-coordinates.com and it comes up as Hudson, CO.

Per the warrantless arrest affidavit, when LE questioned CW on Monday when they were first looking into the "disappearance", CW was truthful about where he went at 5:27 on Monday morning. My guess is this was exactly where he was supposed to be for work that morning and he knew the GPS on his truck would back this up.

Now that I'm "getting" this (or I think I am!), JMO, this was all pre-planned, very clever and extremely diabolical. I don't think there was any emotional conversation, or argument. I think SW was attacked by him probably not long after she arrived home. The little girls may have already been killed.

I'm also thinking he planned to have SW's car, keys, purse, cellphone and the girls' medication discovered at the house by LE as this would point to an abduction.

JMO, he really made three mistakes:

1. He didn't realize the neighbor's security cam captured the front of his house and that this would prove that SW and the girls never left the house that day.
2. He misjudged his ability to put SW's body into an oil storage tank, which made him have to dig a hasty, shallow grave to try to hide her body, and he was probably freaking out because of this, and
3. He forgot about the bed sheet

Because of mistakes #2 and #3, Shanann's friend, N's "early" alarm to LE caused huge problems for CW. He wasn't able to go back and do something else with SW's body and collect the bed sheet he left behind. JMO. I also wouldn't be surprised if N also told LE that things were not what they appeared to be with him, and that she suspected he was having an affair, and this may be why LE began to look for an affair. JMO.

JMO, the pillow cases and sheet that were in the kitchen garbage would likely not have been a problem for CW, as that alone, would not point to his involvement. But the drone that flew over where CW had been Monday morning (CERVI319) detected a matching bed sheet and a clandestine grave.

Time will hopefully tell us whether the cadaver dogs played a part in LE knowing Shanann, Bella and Celeste died in the home.

JMO, I don't think this was a rage-fueled fight that resulted in murder. I think it was all planned in advance and that SW never saw what was coming until it was too late.

All JMO.
I agree. His story makes no sense, how many men having watched his kids for a couple of days, has to work in the morning, wife's flight delayed.... yet waits up til 2 a.m. to tell her he wants a separation. Also, no way SW coming in that late not feeling well is not going there, she has a full day with the kids, med appointment, meet with friend etc. This emotional discussion imo happened before she left on her business trip. And from what info available at this point I'd say SW was the one to say it was over. I think he liked the image he created and if she knew about the men (if true) that did it. Maybe he didn't accept this in himself, inner conflict turned to rage directed at his family? Just a thought

I agree. I also think they are lacking in the empathy department, possibly because they are lacking in some of life's tougher lessons and don't yet realize that but for the grace of G*d, this could happen to them.

I see this a lot in people who try to pick apart my narrative about my son's death. They start off with, "Well did you..." and eventually resort to, "Well I would have..." The fact that we did nothing wrong and that it really was just a freak thing is terrifying to them. After about a year of feeling sorry for myself because the majority of our friends had deserted us, our last remaining buddy finally sat us down and said, "Look, you guys scare everyone. You're beautiful people* in a beautiful house with a beautiful family and you play by the rules. To accept that you all did nothing wrong is to accept that the same could happen to anyone, to them." I think some people might think that about SW. They have to find fault in HER because otherwise it's accepting that bad things truly do happen to good people and some people just aren't ready for that.

*certainly not implying that I am a beautiful person. I didn't edit that comment out because not only was it a direct quote but it is comparable to SW and CW-they were/are attractive people with beautiful kids.

Yes, you can. From WS rules for Social Media:

Approved SM Pages/Profiles

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as indicated by LE)
  • Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
  • Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • Posts by friends and visitors are off limits.
  • Do not link to an individual’s (victim or suspect) social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
  • If a social media page is set to private and you get in a back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

I see this a lot in people who try to pick apart my narrative about my son's death. They start off with, "Well did you..." and eventually resort to, "Well I would have..." The fact that we did nothing wrong and that it really was just a freak thing is terrifying to them. After about a year of feeling sorry for myself because the majority of our friends had deserted us, our last remaining buddy finally sat us down and said, "Look, you guys scare everyone. You're beautiful people* in a beautiful house with a beautiful family and you play by the rules. To accept that you all did nothing wrong is to accept that the same could happen to anyone, to them." I think some people might think that about SW. They have to find fault in HER because otherwise it's accepting that bad things truly do happen to good people and some people just aren't ready for that.

*certainly not implying that I am a beautiful person. I didn't edit that comment out because not only was it a direct quote but it is comparable to SW and CW-they were/are attractive people with beautiful kids.

Part of human nature, when tragedy happens we have to look for the anomaly that made it happen. Otherwise that means it could happen to us too which is entirely too frightening to accept.

I think you are reading WAY too much into the shirts. Those are just cutesy things that couples (usually on the insistence of the female) wear to advertise/announce pregnancy. They aren't necessarily biographical in nature.

I agree. My husband and I have the exact same shirts, it is how we announced Baby #4 to our family at Thanksgiving. They are VERY popular. We got them because we are Britney Spears' fans.

I agree that the shirt isn't that important. SW and CW would also be in the age range of coming of age when Britney was really popular. I'm a little younger than them, so I wasn't quite the right age to be a fan. However, I do remember how popular she was, as well as that song, and that was my immediate thoughts when I saw the shirt. That would very much be part of the pop culture from their early teen years. All their friends that age would get the reference, too, even if they weren't Britney fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141