Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, my eye rolls about TB’s Sephora comments aren’t bc I poo-poo men who may choose to wear makeup. I roll my eyes bc the guy just doesn’t seem credible with such random claims. It’s like he’s just saying whatever seems to make sense to HIM (he wears a lot of makeup, so perhaps in his mind that would be something an AP would do for him so he goes with it.). I personally don’t believe CW was having gay affairs, but even if he was, I don’t think buying expensive Sephora make up is a very believable thing one would do for their AP in this case. TB just seems over the top to me. {Shrug}. We can all have our opinions on this- it’s a subjective response I suppose on how bizarre the Sephora comments were or were not to us.
Agree, my take on the Sephora comment was, he does his speel, if the reader is believing any of it, you get to that comment and it seems ridiculous, pointless of his retelling. I watch a lot of male makeup artists on yt.

Last edited:
Thanks PommyMommy, that link always blocks me and requests that I subscribe and pay for viewing so I am not able to read the article. I wonder if this is accurate that SW keys were in her vehicle and why it wasn't noted on the affidavit if accurate?
I was able to access the article. It states her purse and keys were in the house, and the car was in the garage.

The matress being exposed is something, to me. He had to take everything off, including the mattress pad? That doesn’t sound good. I too am surprised they said the sheets showed no foul play. Because it sounds to me like something happened on the bed.

I haven't seen anywhere where the mattress was exposed (mattress pad removed). I've just seen that the "bedding" was on the floor. I took this to mean perhaps comforter, blanket, sheet and pillow cases.

Do you have something that shows the mattress pad was also removed?

Thank you. It’s been hard losing her and some of the post-crime character dissection afterward has almost been worse. i can honestly say in the time that I knew her I NEVER ONCE heard Shanann judge another person, speculate on anyone’s character or criticize others behind their back. She was all about encouraging people to be their best, and she was a positive energy in many lives imcluding mine. It warmed my heart to see how genuinely happy she was when one of her friends accomplished something. Job success, weight loss, relationship victories, adult graduations, new babies — she rooted for it all and celebrated when it happened.

She would never have dreamt of questioning someone’s life, motivation and character the way hers is being picked apart by total strangers. And she’s not even here to defend herself. It’s the main reason I decided to go through the effort to be a VI. Everything she valued is being questioned and she deserves to have somebody try to keep baseless rumors at bat. It’s what she would have done in a heartbeat for a friend if she were here.
BRAVO! So glad you are here. I don't know anyone who could have their lives dissected and criticized and come up looking perfect.

I haven't seen anywhere where the mattress was exposed (mattress pad removed). I've just seen that the "bedding" was on the floor. I took this to mean perhaps comforter, blanket, sheet and pillow cases.

Do you have something that shows the mattress pad was also removed?
I haven't read anything about a mattress pad molly1255. Maybe they had one and perhaps they didn't. I will continue checking. But the affidavit did state the bed was "stripped".

IIRC, there was just one article that reported the keys were in the car and I think it was Mercury News. I can't access it, but try here: Chris Watts' slain family: Wife suspected infidelity

Ok this article states:
"1:40 p.m. Monday: A police officer arrives at the Wattses’ home, having been called by the friend. While the officer is inspecting the outside of the house, Chris Watts arrives home. He said he hadn’t seen or heard from his wife since he left the house more than eight hours earlier. Her purse and keys were in the house and her car was in the garage."

So either the person who initially cited this article as being the one which mentioned her keys being in the car, was wrong, or...it was from a different source.

The reason the bed sheets were in the kitchen garbage might be something we won't learn until later. IDK. I do think it is strange that LE didn't find them in the kitchen garbage until Wednesday, but that is what is stated on the affidavit.
I wonder if she found a condom or something in the bed? Something just went terribly wrong that night.

Well if he put his hands around her neck and began squeezing as she lay in bed asleep, I don't think she'd have the chance to scream. Or if he just came at her suddenly.

But this has me thinking. And re-thinking certain, possible scenarios. He took the bedding off the master bedroom bed, right? Which suggests she may have been in it when he strangled her, because why else remove the pillow cases and the sheets and try to hide them? He seemed concerned about getting rid of any possible evidence that he murdered his wife.

Unless that is where he killed the girls, who may have been sleeping in mommy and daddy's bed? But otherwise, that removal of the bedding, coupled with no neighbor hearing screaming suggests she may have come home, checked on the babies and then gone to bed before he killed everyone. So it's possible he did kill them second.

I’ve been wondering the same. I can’t explain why the bedding was on the floor. One thought that crossed my mind was bodily fluids from SW or the babies. But then, when LE looked at the bedding, they may have sensed an odor?

There’s got to be more to the bedding. I’m also wondering why SW’s phone was found on a couch in the upstairs loft/den area.

Thank you. It’s been hard losing her and some of the post-crime character dissection afterward has almost been worse. i can honestly say in the time that I knew her I NEVER ONCE heard Shanann judge another person, speculate on anyone’s character or criticize others behind their back. She was all about encouraging people to be their best, and she was a positive energy in many lives imcluding mine. It warmed my heart to see how genuinely happy she was when one of her friends accomplished something. Job success, weight loss, relationship victories, adult graduations, new babies — she rooted for it all and celebrated when it happened.

She would never have dreamt of questioning someone’s life, motivation and character the way hers is being picked apart by total strangers. And she’s not even here to defend herself. It’s the main reason I decided to go through the effort to be a VI. Everything she valued is being questioned and she deserves to have somebody try to keep baseless rumors at bat. It’s what she would have done in a heartbeat for a friend if she were here.
I think you are truly a great friend! Thanks for coming here.

I’ve been wondering the same. I can’t explain why the bedding was on the floor. One thought that crossed my mind was bodily fluids from SW or the babies. But then, when LE looked at the bedding, they may have sensed an odor?

There’s got to be more to the bedding. I’m also wondering why SW’s phone was found on a couch in the upstairs loft/den area.

Maybe the smell of perfume??

Yes, had been wondering about how any DNA or evidence of any sort would remain on them other than the body itself like bruises. They’d have to gently wash the oil off and then fibers and DNA would whisk away as well, right?

YES. That's why I think the defense was strategically bluffing when they publicly asked for the touch DNA from the children necks. How would there be any if they had been in a vat of crude oil for 4 days?

DBM source link already posted

Last edited:
YES. That's why I think the defense was strategically bluffing when they publicly asked for the touch DNA from the children necks. How would there be any if they had been in a vat of crude oil for 4 days?
I am wondering if there is a chance that the girls were placed into plastic bags before being taken out of the house. I just can't finish that sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr