Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Arrest Affidavit states: Upstairs the officers observed the bed in the master bedroom had been stripped of its bedding which was lying on the floor.

Presumably it was only the pillowcases in the trash can.

Oh, perhaps I have misunderstood. I thought they observed the sheets on the floor on the day that NAU reported SW and the girls missing, then they came back with a search warrant on another day and the top sheet and pillowcases were in the trash. I'll try to find a source for that.

ETA:
Before Watts' confession, authorities used a drone that spotted a bedsheet in a field near the oil tanks, the affidavit said.
"The sheet matched the pattern of several pillowcases and a top sheet recovered from a kitchen trash can from [Watts'] residence early that day," the affidavit said.
Colorado suspect says he killed wife after he saw her strangling daughter, affidavit says - CNN

BBM above info is on page 3: https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/001/Warrantless Arrest Affidavit.pdf

Last edited:
What was their current income?

It's been a question to our first VI here. As we know, we don't have a right to an answer and I only asked because it's nigh-on impossible to find out in promotional & training literature available online.
We already had, otoh, CW's salary as of time of recruitment to AP and the benefits eg insurance & medical.
So no answer- we have half of the facts on that.

But if she moved out and back to her parents, she could easily continue her line of work, and even increase her profits with the help of extended family. CW seemed to have no particular skills, losing a job for him would be a huge deal, if he had to stay in that narrow field, what with new employers checking references and all that.

I don’t recall either SW or CW having degrees. We’ve been told CW was gifted in mechanics and from what we can tell SW appears to be excellent in sales. I would think losing a job would be a huge deal for anyone.

Indeed.

Which reminds me of another question I have, not sure if it’s been answered it probably has!!

As @Colorado303 VI stated, NUA had a key.

So why did she not go into the house? Just wondering, it seems she called LE and CW first, right? But did not enter the house herself? Am I right about this or do I have a brain fart? Tia.

IIRC he had put on the inner latch, safety lock, whatever you call it, to make sure the front door physically could not open from the outside. Same with the sliding door, he had blocked its opening by a piece of wood or steel. Then, IIRC from all the discussions here, the keypad for the garage door either didn't work, or perhaps had been changed by him to ensure that it would not work. So when NUA got there the only way in would have been to break a window, or somehow have a door opener like people keep in the car, with the correct coding on it. I'd like to know when the last time the key code on the garage was changed.

I’m wondering if SW found out about the affair and confronted the AP by phone when she was in AZ. Perhaps SW and the AP both came to the realization they were both being duped. I think the AP had recently called it off with CW.

Interesting notion. ^ BIB

sidenote:
I think in the early days of the thread ( eg when I posted my long posts of how this all went down that night, I was very much swayed by LE seeming to find no evidence of any explosive fight within the home, but as Amandaa has corrected - that affadavit will leave out an awful lot.)

I don’t recall either SW or CW having degrees. We’ve been told CW was gifted in mechanics and from what we can tell SW appears to be excellent in sales. I would think losing a job would be a huge deal for anyone.
Sure, but less for her, as she could do her own job from the relatives' house, and it seems like SW has a very very supportive family. She would not have to keep making payments on that huge house, yet her income would be the same or better.

CW would have had to make all the payments, pay someone to do the housework she did, etc. And if he lost his job due to funny business with a co-worker (if that was not OK per his contract) that would have followed him around.

Last edited:
I'm sorry if this has been answered already....still trying to catch up on the last couple of days.

CW claims he saw SW "actively strangling" Cece while he saw Bella sprawled on the bed. But the girls had separate bedrooms I heard on AB (think she had photos as well). So how were the girls in the same room. Why would SW bring one of the girls into the other girls room to do this

Somebody asked upthread - can't find who now, it might have been @margarita25 whether the door was on the latch when NUA dropped her off and thus CW had to come down and let her in.

There are links out there that state ( NUA video interview or press) that describe the moments as NUA drops her off, SW opens the door, turns and waves goodbye. ( I recall them well as I used them for my first spec theory of how it went down.) So the answer would be that it seems , no latch was on at that stage. (Only latched the following afternoon.)

Sure, but less for her, as she could do her own job from the relatives house, and it seems like SW has a very very supportive family. She would not have to keep making payments on that huge house, yet her income would be the same or better.

CW would have had to make all the payments, pay someone to do the housework she did, etc. And if he lost his job due to funny business with a co-worker (if that was not OK per his contract) that would have followed him around.

IMO the potential of losing a job didn’t play into this.

Hi Tippy. In one of her FB videos SW explains why she did not get a degree, why she left college and then the reasons why she did not return.
AFAIK - it's in a long SW video. IDK if that one has been posted on here. Probably not. Can see if I can re-find.

On CW ( other than what Trinket) has said, we had the ex school teacher's comments on SW which seemed to say - no college degree. Pls correct me someone if that's wrong.

Hi Tippy. In one of her FB videos SW explains why she did not get a degree, why she left college and then the reasons why she did not return.
AFAIK - it's in a long SW video. IDK if that one has been posted on here. Probably not. Can see if I can re-find.

On CW ( other than what Trinket) has said, we had the ex school teacher's comments on SW which seemed to say - no college degree. Pls correct me someone if that's wrong.

Hi Cottonweaver - I agree neither CW nor SW had degrees.

It's been a question to our first VI here. As we know, we don't have a right to an answer and I only asked because it's nigh-on impossible to find out in promotional & training literature available online.
We already had, otoh, CW's salary as of time of recruitment to AP and the benefits eg insurance & medical.
So no answer- we have half of the facts on that.
Yes. I was asking in response to a poster who made the statement, "I feel like these goals were not realistic." (Discussion was about the visual boards.) I was curious how one could form that opinion without income information.

I’m wondering if SW found out about the affair and confronted the AP by phone when she was in AZ. Perhaps SW and the AP both came to the realization they were both being duped. I think the AP had recently called it off with CW.
That could very well be, especially if the AP found out about the pregnancy, if she didn't know before. Or that it was a boy. She must have been really hurt if he had been stating their marriage was over, and he wanted out. And then to learn that there was a new baby on the way. I have some sympathy for the "other woman" given the stories some men come up with. He may even have said that SW was involved with someone else, and then the AP learned otherwise.

That could very well be, especially if the AP found out about the pregnancy, if she didn't know before. Or that it was a boy. She must have been really hurt if he had been stating their marriage was over, and he wanted out. And then to learn that there was a new baby on the way. I have some sympathy for the "other woman" given the stories some men come up with. He may even have said that SW was involved with someone else, and then the AP learned otherwise.
Do you think he suggested to the AP the baby was not his out of the involvement of her having an affair ?

I'm sorry if this has been answered already....still trying to catch up on the last couple of days.

CW claims he saw SW "actively strangling" Cece while he saw Bella sprawled on the bed. But the girls had separate bedrooms I heard on AB (think she had photos as well). So how were the girls in the same room. Why would SW bring one of the girls into the other girls room to do this
IIRC he saw the other child spread out and blue on the monitor and then there are some steps left out.....he found SW strangling Cece. Lots left out there, even more than seeing a blue kid on a BW monitor, when even the physicians posting here say the body would not usually be wholly "blue".

This is a super long blog series but it was fascinating to read. It is Younique, not Level, but the same principles apply. I am sharing it because it goes indepth on how the "promoters" are meant to use social media and I thought it could help shed some light on SW's FB posts. For instance, they were encouraged to make 7 posts a day, each post with a specific goal in mind. Many people think SW posted and shared too much, and she has been critisized for it, but she was kind of doing exactly what the MLM called for.
Elle’s #Poonique Story

7 posts a day seems extreme to me. That’s what makes people unfollow friends. I’m currently promoting a fundraiser for an Alzheimer’s Walk on my FB page. I’ve already passed my individual goal of $1000. I’ve posted 1-2 posts per week for the last 3 weeks and I have 1 week to go. I’m sorry, but I couldn’t make myself post like that.
JMO
ETA: (My Avatar flowers are Forget Me Nots)

Last edited:
Do you think he suggested to the AP the baby was not his out of the involvement of her having an affair ?
Oh who knows. I've heard it all from friends' stories on straying spouses. I don't know if the AP knew about the baby, but I do know it would have hurt her should she have believed whatever he had told her. Logic dictates (to me) that he did not say to the AP from the first: "I really love my family and my wife, I just want to fool around with you. I'm sure you understand".

I believe there was a dual room video minutes that toogled between rooms .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13