Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not odd at all. I was (mis)diagnosed with epilepsy by 3 doctors for 14 years. Turned out it was a Chiari Malformation. After years of anticonvulsants with bad side effects, I finally got the proper treatment.

As far as her seeming healthy? Um, that is kind of how Lupus works. It is an invisible illness and many people have flares. I haven't had a Lupus flare in 3 years, yet I have friends who struggle every day...

Isn’t there also a stress correlation with Lupus? Might make sense that following her divorce it was particularly bad.

One thing that I do know is that doctors write as little as possible in their notes. They do not write judgmental things about their patients for that very reason.
How many doctors notes have you seen? I have seen millions.
I've seen quite a few. I've worked in a hospital. Doctors write the truth because insurance companies have access to medical records. A note that indicates the patient's mother asked for a test or procedure and why it was denied isn't judgmental, it is a fact that the physician writes to protect himself if the patient sues or appeals to the insurance company. JMO

I had this thought before a prior thread closed.

Some were wondering when and why he was fired. That got me to thinking...
What if he anticipated he would get fired because his affair with a coworker was outed at work, if relationships with coworkers is against company policy? SW would learn of an affair and a firing all in one go. If this was the case, what would CW do in response and why? What would SW do in response and why? To me, it still leads to CW who murdered the children.

My experience only.

I'd like to add some things, thank goodness there are so many healthy members posting here, but I'd like to share an all too common scenario that one would not imagine nor want to even imagine unless you've gone through it. Many rheumatic diseases ( RA, SLE, SSc, & over a hundred more) can be extremely difficult to diagnose. Some are (un)lucky enough to have screaming positive bloodwork or visible signs, others can not be showing antibodies yet or worse, sine, SINE. You know your sick but many doctors do not connect the dots so one convinces themselves the docs are right, not sick, persereveres on only to know a few months or years later that they are indeed still ill and need to see another doctor. IIRC SW was one of the unfortunate ones that had to fight for a diagnosis. If so I would not blame her for not putting total faith in one doctor for children. Last thought, some asthmas are being considered added to the list of autoimmune diseases (it might have been added already), ya, if my kiddo showed symptoms knowing I carry and have an unfortunately active ANA (antinuclear antibody) I would get the bottom of it asap.

I do not know the Watts, and depending how you look at it, I was one of the lucky ones whose bloodwork was screaming positive for diagnosis, but like other online friends SW made with her lupus groups, I heard of too many have had to see more than one or a couple doctors for help and lost trust.

This does raise a good point about invisible illnesses, though. I have 3 rare diseases, including one that I have never met another person with. My daughter is the only kid in our entire state with biotinidase deficiency. We constantly hear, "But you don't LOOK sick." It is true, we don't. We don't because we work very hard at being positive and living life as normally as we can.

I've seen quite a few. I've worked in a hospital. Doctors write the truth because insurance companies have access to medical records. A note that indicates the patient's mother asked for a test or procedure and why it was denied isn't judgmental, it is a fact that the physician writes to protect himself if the patient sues or appeals to the insurance company. JMO
Not my experience after 45 years in nursing. In what capacity were you employed by a hospital?

It's probably of no relevance but on SW FB there was a picture of SW and CW and they were in the doctors office waiting for the kids shot records as this was the first time in 3 yrs. that the kids had flown. Anyway, in the comments a friend of hers, a nurse, and a couple of others said she didn't need that info. a birth certificate would suffice.

It's probably of no relevance but on SW FB there was a picture of SW and CW and they were in the doctors office waiting for the kids shot records as this was the first time in 3 yrs. that the kids had flown. Anyway, in the comments a friend of hers, a nurse, and a couple of others said she didn't need that info. a birth certificate would suffice.
Were they flying somewhere? I'm not aware that immunization records are required but I do know most airlines require a birth certificate if the child is under two because they can fly free. The airline wants to make sure it isn't a parental kidnapping. JMO

As an executive in a U.S. hospital and I am very familiar with malpractice lawsuits. Have you worked in a U.S hospital?
No, I haven't but I was not aware that anywhere in the world were executives privvy to patients health information.
Isn't that what HIPPA is about? Can any office staff, view patient records.
This is not what we are talking about here anyway. This is about a private GP. Hospitals probably do own the patient records but doctors own their own records from their private practices.

Were they flying somewhere? I'm not aware that immunization records are required but I do know most airlines require a birth certificate if the child is under two because they can fly free. The airline wants to make sure it isn't a parental kidnapping. JMO
Yeah some said that's all they would need. It was for the trip to NC.

I had this thought before a prior thread closed.

Some were wondering when and why he was fired. That got me to thinking...
What if he anticipated he would get fired because his affair with a coworker was outed at work, if relationships with coworkers is against company policy? SW would learn of an affair and a firing all in one go. If this was the case, what would CW do in response and why? What would SW do in response and why? To me, it still leads to CW who murdered the children.
I don't believe affairs with coworkers are against company policy in most large corporations. What is usually against company policy is affairs between boss/subordinates or in the line of command and we still don't know the identity of CW's mistress. JMO

Why are we saying her kids were sick with non-genetic illnesses? Has anyone actually READ anything about these diagnoses and the links between them? Asthma is absolutely genetic. It runs in families. My twin sister has asthma, and my brother had it too. My other brother and I didn't have it. (My Aunt has it, too- my dad's sister)

EOE, which one of the girls' had, is also linked with food allergies. Did that same girl have the tree nut allergy? Allergies can also be genetic. They've found genetic markers associated with EOE, too. A simple Google search linked me to a study/article about it.

And sometimes, you just get a bad roll of the genetic dice. Ear tubes? Are we really all that concerned about ear tubes? My brothers both had their ears tubed and I needed mine done (and now I have Meniere's Disease and random bouts of vertigo from fluid building up in my inner ear- it's a blast) but my parents never did it. That means 3 of 4 of my parents' children needed ear tubes (2 of which actually got them). And adenoidectomies are done often times in kids who have recurrent sinus/ear infections... so, no surprise that a child who had ear tubes also had an adenoidectomy.

Didn't the girls have prescriptions/inhalers and such? They were formerly diagnosed if she had equipment/prescription medication to treat their issues.

I guess it seems like a lot to be "diagnosed with" when you're not familiar with the diagnoses and co-diagnoses that go along with them.

I don't believe affairs with coworkers are against company policy in most large corporations. What is usually against company policy is affairs between boss/subordinates or in the line of command and we still don't know the identity of CW's mistress. JMO
I am pretty sure burying your wife and dumping your children in vats of crude oil on your employer's property would be grounds for immediate termination of employment.

Why are we saying her kids were sick with non-genetic illnesses? Has anyone actually READ anything about these diagnoses and the links between them? Asthma is absolutely genetic. It runs in families. My twin sister has asthma, and my brother had it too. My other brother and I didn't have it. (My Aunt has it, too- my dad's sister)

EOE, which one of the girls' had, is also linked with food allergies. Did that same girl have the tree nut allergy? Allergies can also be genetic. They've found genetic markers associated with EOE, too. A simple Google search linked me to a study/article about it.

And sometimes, you just get a bad roll of the genetic dice. Ear tubes? Are we really all that concerned about ear tubes? My brothers both had their ears tubed and I needed mine done (and now I have Meniere's Disease and random bouts of vertigo from fluid building up in my inner ear- it's a blast) but my parents never did it. That means 3 of 4 of my parents' children needed ear tubes (2 of which actually got them). And adenoidectomies are done often times in kids who have recurrent sinus/ear infections... so, no surprise that a child who had ear tubes also had an adenoidectomy.

Didn't the girls have prescriptions/inhalers and such? They were formerly diagnosed if she had equipment/prescription medication to treat their issues.

I guess it seems like a lot to be "diagnosed with" when you're not familiar with the diagnoses and co-diagnoses that go along with them.
Unfortunately, all of these things are particularly relevant to certain people who want to push the narrative that Shanann was an abusive mother who could have killed her children.

From what I can surmise, the logic is this:

The kids are sick often.

Because the kids are sick so often, Shannan must be making them sick.

If she’s making the kids sick, she must have some mental illness.

If she’s mentally ill, she could have killed her children.

If she could have killed her children, she DID kill her children.

<mod snip snarky>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members