Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IF CW did not want any more children, why didn't he get fixed?
IKR? He could have had a vasectomy, wear condoms or abstain from sex, it's not rocket science.
CW is 33 yrs old, he had 2 beautiful daughters, he knew about the birds and the bees, why create another life when he wanted out?
VI posted that CW told SW multiple times he wanted to separate isn't making sense to me, along with SW not believing him, who was in denial?
Did these conversations about a separation occur over several days, weeks, months? When SW became pregnant was that the last straw? :confused: Or, SW returning late from a Thrive weekend event trigger another separation talk?
NUA and Michele Greer remarked that CW was distant towards his family, he was pulling away. Something was up, not enough information to know what.

We don't know that CW wasn't protective of his kids. That could have been the reason why he killed SW. I realize that SW was pregnant and when he killed SW he also killed Niko, but he could have killed SW because he was being protective of his 2 daughters. JMO and 2 cents.
I know many protective, and over protective parents but none have either murdered their spouse. Why not call police, render aid, to truly protect. Please explain your theory here as its truly baffling.

You are right according to this article on strangulation.

https://www.pottstown.org/DocumentCenter/View/211

Here’s a snippet

Sober and conscious victims of strangulation will first feel terror and severe pain. If strangulation persists, unconsciousness will follow. Before lapsing into unconsciousness, a strangulation victim will usually resist violently, often producing injuries of their own neck in an effort to claw off the assailant, and frequently also producing injury on the face or hands of their assailant. These defensive injuries may not be present if the victim is physically or chemically restrained before the assault. Victims may lose consciousness by any one or all of the following methods: blocking of the carotid arteries in the neck (depriving the brain of oxygen), blocking of the jugular veins (preventing deoxygenated blood from exiting the brain), and closing off the airway, making breathing impossible.

Just horrible, makes me feel all "panicky" inside just reading about it.

Not my experience after 45 years in nursing. In what capacity were you employed by a hospital?

I work in Healthcare (IT/Telecom Engineer) 22 years and still do. I agree, patient records are not always one line, there are many times providers write detailed summaries for visits. With so many healthcare organizations on and moving to electronic records, records are accessible to patients online and the doctor visits summaries are available to the patients online. JMO

Last edited:
The post about her not wanting to believe her husband was having an affair makes sense to me. SW reminds me of Lacy Peterson. She wanted everything to be perfect. She loved baking and having her house and the property around it to look pretty, and she worked hard to achieve that goal. By all appearances, it looked to others like the perfect marriage. She was aware of Scott's affairs early in the marriage, but was in denial. She did not want to believe it. It is strange that CW continued an intimate relationship with his wife when he wanted a separation. Maybe that's what caused her to have some faith in the marriage. It's also possible that she couldn't bring herself to accept it since she was pregnant with another child, and was seemingly happy. In my opinion, denial in this situation is not at all uncommon.

True, many people suffer from allergies and all kinds of things yet never actually get tested. Allergy testing is a time consuming process, from what I understand. From others who have gone through the testing it sounds like a process of elimination, until they pinpoint the source. Jmo
We don't know that CW wasn't protective of his kids. That could have been the reason why he killed SW. I realize that SW was pregnant and when he killed SW he also killed Niko, but he could have killed SW because he was being protective of his 2 daughters. JMO and 2 cents.
Yes, but if was being protective,why not knock her the heck off the child and try every means possible to revive them? He never said he even checked the first child that was "blue," how would he even know she was actually dead? As for the other, it sounds like he had a chance to reach them in time. Why disregard the children and proceed straight to strangling his wife, when, as he says, he had just seen her moments earlier in the act of strangling her. Surely his first thought would be of the child he was trying to protect?

Truthfully, I could go either way here. Without any direct evidence of premeditation, I’m simply playing the odds in going with a more spontaneous event.
CW: I want a divorce.
SW: I already know you're <mod snip language >around, then get your stuff and get out of here.

He kills her, he's out of control, kills the kid who saw it, then the other one to solidify his spontaneaous story invention. (But I vascillate too).

Last edited by a moderator:
I found Trinket78's posts about separation -

What's not clear to me is why CW continued to have sexual relations with SW which would result in a pregnancy if he wanted a separation? He was having an affair with his co-worker, surely he could refuse SW for any number of reasons.
I was not clear which trip she knew before, was wondering AZ or NC?

Different because we have context with his interviews, hers are random moments from her life. And because we are aware of the fact that he is lying so we're better equipped to analyze how he is reacting to something he's trying to hide.

That's interesting, I don't see it the same way. o_O

Seems to go against the grain to consider health issues at all in this case - not that real and/or exaggerated health issues imply SW killed her children (I don't think she did), but as a topic of family dynamics and perhaps friction....along with finances and infidelity.

I think "health" was a topic SW herself was interested in, but I can't seem to post about health without upsetting others and getting frustrated myself at the misinterpretations and misunderstandings even when I sincerely try to steer clear of that.

That's okay. I get it, and I'll drop it (again).

jmo
I don't think considering the legitimate health issues go against the grain or that you should drop it. In fact, I think you made a valid point about how the costs of those real medical conditions could have contributed to their possible financial woes. I think what some posters take issue with are the imaginary conditions that are tossed around with no absolutely no basis in fact.

I know many protective, and over protective parents but none have either murdered their spouse. Why not call police, render aid, to truly protect. Please explain your theory here as its truly baffling.

I explained my theory a couple days ago and frankly I don't care to post it again.
Although, I will say I'm baffled by not calling the police and dumping the girls in oil - I can't make sense of that.

Hello everyone. I’m a newbie to posting on a forum, as I usually just read the comments, but I am very interested in following this horrendous crime.
My personal opinion is that CW is guilty of murdering his wife and children. The fact that he hid their bodies and stoically lied about on camera, was enough for me. (Scott Peterson comes to mind.) I have two questions.
1) How could DNA evidence be preserved on the girls bodies after being submerged in crude oil for four days and according to that “Spa video”, would need to be scraped off.
2) CW was pictured wearing those “Thrive skin patches” and SW wrote about how energized he was around the house, by cleaning everything and cutting the grass in the early morning. I am not familiar with the ingredients in those patches, (Speed?) but could the Defense try and blame his actions on the Thrive patches?

I want a divorce.
I already know you're <mod snip language > around, then get your stuff and get out of here.
He kills her, he's out of control, kills the kid who saw it, then the other one. (But I vascillate too).
This makes sense. The glitch I see, though, is there are no reported signs of struggle in the house. With such a neat and tidy home, I would expect any struggle would be noticeable. I'm thinking SW was attacked while she was in bed and totally unsuspecting and thus didn't have an opportunity to fight.

I do think at least one child was killed because she saw her sister or mother killed. I'm not sure of the order of the killings. I go back and forth whether the girls were killed before or after their mom.

jmo

Last edited by a moderator:

It’s hard for me to believe he really cared about them when he dumped them in oil tanks, and left them floating within said oil tanks for four days. MOO

I don't believe affairs with coworkers are against company policy in most large corporations. What is usually against company policy is affairs between boss/subordinates or in the line of command and we still don't know the identity of CW's mistress. JMO
I disagree that office "affairs" are not against company policy with an Ethics Code which most large corporations have.

I had this thought before a prior thread closed.

Some were wondering when and why he was fired. That got me to thinking...
What if he anticipated he would get fired because his affair with a coworker was outed at work, if relationships with coworkers is against company policy? SW would learn of an affair and a firing all in one go. If this was the case, what would CW do in response and why? What would SW do in response and why? To me, it still leads to CW who murdered the children.
What if the AP has a bun in the oven?

Different because we have context with his interviews, hers are random moments from her life. And because we are aware of the fact that he is lying so we're better equipped to analyze how he is reacting to something he's trying to hide.
It's completely different. One video is of a person who has just committed the horrible act of murder and hiding the bodies. His casual lies and total lack of guilt or shame as well as his demeanor, tells a great deal considering what he has done. The others are just videos of an ordinary day or recording of certain events. None of which include the act of murder and covering it up. We can certainly make assumptions about her mannerisms or try to analyse what she says, but it gives us no indication that she is capable of murdering her two children. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx