Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is according to experts. A persons behavior after an event can indeed be considered evidence of guilt. Humans have patterns of behaviour and many clues can be gained from such patterns.

When interrogators interrogated Russell Smith in Canada, they firstly spent hours mapping out behaviour based on his personality type, with different directions they would take if he said this or that. It's on YouTube (the narrated version) and it's a work of art. They completely cornered him and he had nowhere to go. The entire thing was done based on human patterns of behaviour. We only have so many variables, they considered each variable, planned for it, and nailed him.

CW's behaviour after the event, including his lies, is a strong indication of guilt and will be considered evidence if this case goes to trial.

Thank you so much for that background. I'm watching it now and it's very helpful as to understand how they may have interrogated Chris for his confession. This is a mainstream channel YouTube special on it in Canada, " The Fifth Estate" television program

Thank you so much for that background. I'm watching it now and it's very helpful as to understand how they may have interrogated Chris for his confession. This is a mainstream channel YouTube special on it in Canada, " The Fifth Estate" television program

Those crossed arms remind me of CW’s when he was being interviewed by the various local news agencies.

Hello everyone. I’m a newbie to posting on a forum, as I usually just read the comments, but I am very interested in following this horrendous crime.
My personal opinion is that CW is guilty of murdering his wife and children. The fact that he hid their bodies and stoically lied about on camera, was enough for me. (Scott Peterson comes to mind.) I have two questions.
1) How could DNA evidence be preserved on the girls bodies after being submerged in crude oil for four days and according to that “Spa video”, would need to be scraped off.
2) CW was pictured wearing those “Thrive skin patches” and SW wrote about how energized he was around the house, by cleaning everything and cutting the grass in the early morning. I am not familiar with the ingredients in those patches, (Speed?) but could the Defense try and blame his actions on the Thrive patches?
Welcome!! That's a very interesting question! I'm not sure I even know what they contain. Maybe someone else does. Interesting idea, though. I guess we never know what the defense will come up with. My thoughts are they will paint an unflattering picture of her, claim that she became enraged by the fact her husband was leaving her, and killed her children for revenge. Or something along those lines. Jmo

Yes, but if was being protective,why not knock her the heck off the child and try every means possible to revive them? He never said he even checked the first child that was "blue," how would he even know she was actually dead? As for the other, it sounds like he had a chance to reach them in time. Why disregard the children and proceed straight to strangling his wife, when, as he says, he had just seen her moments earlier in the act of strangling her. Surely his first thought would be of the child he was trying to protect?
A person being "actively strangled" has a chance to be "actively revived" if caught in time. Too bad that wasn't important to him. Apparently he was more angry that she was trying to strangle a kid (his pathetic story) than he was to make sure that very same kid lived through the threat.

Last edited:
I found Trinket78's posts about separation -

What's not clear to me is why CW continued to have sexual relations with SW which would result in a pregnancy if he wanted a separation? He was having an affair with his co-worker, surely he could refuse SW for any number of reasons.

Before her AZ trip. Trinket was unsure if she knew before the NC trip.

Ok I've been reading backwards and I'm honestly just getting angry. I don't know the Watts health history but I am a mom with a medically complex child. Below is my experience only, though I believe it happens far too often these days. My son was born with neurofibromatosis type 1, we knew this pretty quickly as my husband has it and he had other identifiers, thankfully he's not had too many troubles with NF.....skip ahead to kindergarten and from the get go my son was sick and I mean sick, non-stop. At first, I thought it was normal because he hadn't attended a daycare or been around a lot of different germs so his immune system needed boosting. I am not exaggerating when I say my child coughed day and night for years. I repeatedly told his pediatrician that I thought it was something more, in my gut I knew it, I requested they do a blood draw and they looked at me like I had three heads. In 1st grade, we saw an allergist whom completed the lung spirometry tests before every visit and he suspected cold induced asthma. From there steroids all the time, inhalers, meds, etc. My son never got better, we continued to see the pulmonologist every six months. Skip ahead to 2nd grade, my son got pneumonia in December, his pediatrician told me his lungs sounded fine on 3 separate visits, the 4th visit I demanded an x-ray that guess what?! Showed that he had pneumonia in both lungs. They of course prescribed antibiotics and sent us on our way. In May, again he got pneumonia and again his pediatrician said it was a virus and I simply stated that I disagreed and told them to do an x-ray and again he had pneumonia. Now in June his pulmonlogist decided to do a CT of his lungs and discovered he had bronchiectasis and admitted him to the hospital the next day. After a week in the hospital they discovered that my son had common variable immunodeficiency, basically his immune system was not up to par and he would need to start IVIG infusions. My son has been receiving infusions every 4 weeks for a year and half and he's doing amazing though we will have to start going every three weeks soon. My son no longer needs inhalers, meds, his body shaking thing we call it. He's only needed antibiotics once and doesn't even see his pulmonologist anymore as his immunologist took over.

The reason I tell you the above story is because I got to a point, with his now former pediatrician, where I knew I wasn't being taken seriously and I was paranoid that they thought I was making it all up and with the stigma of so called "doctor shopping" I didn't want people giving me the side eye. All along though I was right and far too often mothers are brushed off by doctors when we know our kids most. The medical talk in reference to the girls is just making me very uncomfortable so I will continue to scroll and roll but please don't judge this woman for being an advocate for her children's health.

OT:
I too have NF! As do my 2 daughters! Prayers for you and your family!

If the videos of CW interviews show us his character. Do the SW's FB videos show her character? Or is that different?
Well, the problem we have here is comparing apples to oranges, IMO. I said I liked them both in the FB videos. I did not even have a negative reaction to the CW interviews until we were told, by his own admission, that he was lying to the public to cover up multiple felonies and send police and the worried public on a wild goose chase so he could not have to take responsibility for what he did.

I think it’s possible she also left more marks on herself. In a panic, she may have been trying to get her hands beneath his hold, whatever kind it was, which might see her putting claw marks on her own neck. If that’s the case, we will see it in the ME report.

I envision (sadly) him knocking her out first and then strangling her. The reason being he did not appear to have scratch marks on his face or arms. She had LONG fingernails. She would automatically try to use them if she was conscious, I imagine, MOO. Even if he grabbed her from behind in a choke hold, I would think she would try to grab at his arms? Also, the word "ultimately" implies that something happened prior to the strangling. JMO

Yes, but if was being protective,why not knock her the heck off the child and try every means possible to revive them? He never said he even checked the first child that was "blue," how would he even know she was actually dead? As for the other, it sounds like he had a chance to reach them in time. Why disregard the children and proceed straight to strangling his wife, when, as he says, he had just seen her moments earlier in the act of strangling her. Surely his first thought would be of the child he was trying to protect?

Again, we just don't know what happened re: him knocking her off, trying to revive, etc. We haven't heard what his full defense will be. It's possible, IMO, if his story is true, that he did try to revive the girls and/or first knock SW off the child. His reported confession at this point leaves open several possible order of events that he could claim happened. It cannot be assumed he did nothing for the girls unless one ignores this possibility.

For the record, at this time I think CW most likely killed everyone and has led a dark and troubled double life, but I'm absolutely willing to analyze and explore his side of the story.

I explained my theory a couple days ago and frankly I don't care to post it again.
Although, I will say I'm baffled by not calling the police and dumping the girls in oil - I can't make sense of that.
Well it makes perfect sense to me that he was trying to obliterate evidence. But the oil thing, he has to be one sick sick evil person, because that can't be explained by a fit of rage.

Last edited:
I disagree that office "affairs" are not against company policy with an Ethics Code which most large corporations have.
I’m going based on my own personal experiences drafting policies and advising employers - I caution against having blanket non-fraternization policies. IMO, such policies just drive behavior underground and create more issues - plus, it avoids having to get involved in employees’ personal lives as long as what they’re doing doesn’t impair the efficient and effective operations of the business.

IMO, policies should, however, deal with relationships within in the chain of command/supervisor-subordinate - and should also cover relationships that interfere with the employment relationship, harassment/discrimination etc.

JMO, of course

The post about her not wanting to believe her husband was having an affair makes sense to me. SW reminds me of Lacy Peterson. She wanted everything to be perfect. She loved baking and having her house and the property around it to look pretty, and she worked hard to achieve that goal. By all appearances, it looked to others like the perfect marriage. She was aware of Scott's affairs early in the marriage, but was in denial. She did not want to believe it. It is strange that CW continued an intimate relationship with his wife when he wanted a separation. Maybe that's what caused her to have some faith in the marriage. It's also possible that she couldn't bring herself to accept it since she was pregnant with another child, and was seemingly happy. In my opinion, denial in this situation is not at all uncommon.

True, many people suffer from allergies and all kinds of things yet never actually get tested. Allergy testing is a time consuming process, from what I understand. From others who have gone through the testing it sounds like a process of elimination, until they pinpoint the source. Jmo
And allergies change all the time.

This makes sense. The glitch I see, though, is there are no reported signs of struggle in the house. With such a neat and tidy home, I would expect any struggle would be noticeable. I'm thinking SW was attacked while she was in bed and totally unsuspecting and thus didn't have an opportunity to fight.

I do think at least one child was killed because she saw her sister or mother killed. I'm not sure of the order of the killings. I go back and forth whether the girls were killed before or after their mom.

jmo
Maybe the actual argument was not that heated, they were both resigned, he fumed while she went back to sleep, then, coward that he is he attacks her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee