Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because one of their parents killed them and the one taking them to multiple doctors and flying off the handle because MIL gave a child an ice cream treat is the one CW has accused of killing them. Pretty simple logic, really. JMO
Where is the link for the mother in law I didn’t see that ? Strange SW gave her daughter something with an allergy warning and the mother in law too .

RE backing his truck into the driveway. I saw some speculation about it, that if the truck was backed in it meant premeditation.

In the oilfield, you MUST back into your spot. It's the rule. You can't pull in frontwards, even if just an office worker. Vehicle has to be oriented to get the heck out of Dodge if something blows or spews poison.

I wonder if he always backed in at home, too, from habit, or if backing in was unusual for him and shows premeditation!

Just musing.

At risk of inserting myself into the middle of a barrage of angry posts... here’s my opinion:

As with pretty much anything in the legal world, it depends.

I do know that if I was taking this case to trial (with ONLY the facts we now have) I would *not* be totally confident he would be convicted of killing the girls. Of course, I’m sure they know much more than has been revealed to the public - postmortem findings, gps/electronic data, etc - so as additional facts are released, my opinion will absolutely change.

Thank you. Your professional opinion is very much appreciated @Amandaaa.

Because one of their parents killed them and the one taking them to multiple doctors and flying off the handle because MIL gave a child an ice cream treat is the one CW has accused of killing them. Pretty simple logic, really. JMO

So called "flying off the handle" to an imagined, presumed, or diagnosed nut allergy of some kind seems to me to be a protective response, I'll even grant perhaps overly protective response, by a loving mother concerned for her child. Not a mother who would watch her babies die in agony as she strangled them. JMO IMO MOO

Actually the warning label on the bar says not safe for tree nut allergy I would think that would scare her as well. But considering she wore the patch while pregnant maybe she felt all the products were safe . Not sure . My husband is a pediatrician and he said he would not reccomend the patch while pregnant or nursing nor the energy bars for children . But we are primarily organic bc additives are dangerous as well . Maybe I’m just too cautious about things like that .

With so many doctor visits, I'm sure she was tested. We have a VI who is an OB, so she would be the person to ask about Thrive and pregnancy. Maybe she's talked about it--I've missed a bunch.

RE backing his truck into the driveway. I saw some speculation about it, that if the truck was backed in it meant premeditation.

In the oilfield, you MUST back into your spot. It's the rule. You can't pull in frontwards, even if just an office worker. Vehicle has to be oriented to get the heck out of Dodge if something blows or spews poison.

I wonder if he always backed in at home, too, from habit, or if backing in was unusual for him and shows premeditation!

Just musing.
Yeah. That would really only be important if it was out of the ordinary. It may have just been normal behavior for him.

Last edited:
With so many doctor visits, I'm sure she was tested. We have a VI who is an OB, so she would be the person to ask about Thrive and pregnancy. Maybe she's talked about it--I've missed a bunch.

Same as the lupus bracelet. I think he would have a hard time explaining to the AP why he was suddenly wearing his wedding band. I suspect he removed it whenever he saw her and she was under the impression he split with his wife weeks before. JMO
He seems to be very concerned with what the "other woman" thinks. Are you saying he may have told the other woman that he and his wife had already split up weeks ago? This is what I am thinking was the main reason for closing his FB account, and when he closed it. I'm trying to get a sense of just how deceitful he is, and what his future plans may have been with her. I'm wondering if he was giving his wife the impression everything was ok, while telling the other woman he had already ended the relationship. I don't know how much longer he planned to keep that up. And what he told her right after she went " missing?" Jmo

“In voir dire lawyers for each side question the potential jurors about their biases and backgrounds, as well as any pre-existing knowledge they might have about the case. The attorneys can also ask questions designed to uncover characteristics or experiences that might cause potential jurors to favor either the prosecution or the defense.”

This is why we, the posters on WS, have differences of opinion. Our life experiences play a huge role in how we see things. From my life experiences, I see CW as a helpful husband, with chores and with the kids. I see SW as bossy and condescending. So much is said about how SW could have flown even greater heights if she’d had a better husband. I had a husband who didn’t change a single diaper, wash a single dish or even mow the grass. I not only worked but I did everything else. I look back and don’t know how I managed it all. He would just go to the basement and drink and think of ways to make my life even more hellish with his put downs, silent treatments, etc. I have been on the receiving end of snarky comments and those I got were private. I can’t imagine if he had talked to me that way publicly. None of what I did was appreciated. Let’s pretend for a moment that all my husband did was not appreciate me. That alone gave me a deep sadness. I did not feel valued. I was overworked and we (the children and I) walked on eggshells. I left for my sanity. I would have loved having a helpful husband. With the Watts, there are tons of videos that in my opinion show him as great with the kids and helping around the house. Heck, she would even take off on trips and leave the girls with him. For SW it seemed to me to be all about her, Thrive, her friends, having a certain lifestyle (not just projecting one) and Social Media. That’s a lot of fluff with no substance. And when somebody’s ego constantly gets trampled in public & they feel devalued, they are ripe for an affair. I know SW is a victim. Of course she’s a victim. The children are beyond innocent victims. But I would guess that living far beyond their means, another baby on the way they can’t afford, living a life for Social Media with every move filmed, and feeling belittled made this man a pressure cooker ready to explode. I’m going to take a note from @Tippy Lynn and state imo, jmo and moo!

Great post - I couldn't agree with you more. @maeleemae

The body disposal is absolutely evidence that he murdered his children. In fact, it is incredibly compelling circumstantial evidence of this. “Consciousness of guilt” is evidence of guilt.

The prosecution has to prove each element of the crime beyond a reasonable doubt - Body disposal is not an element of first degree murder - it pertains to a separate charge (he admitted to). First degree murder is that the defendant, in the state of Colorado, after deliberation, with intent to cause the death, actually caused the death, and conduct was not authorized (jury instructions are a great resource but I can’t figure out how to link to them). So the evidence - circumstantial or direct - would need to prove facts pertaining to those elements.

And regarding circumstantial evidence - I’m not sure how it’s treated in Colorado, but in many jurisdictions, if the circumstantial evidence can fit two or more reasonable conclusions - at least one of which supports the defendant’s innocence - then that’s the one the jury has to go with.

If he used a soft garrotte-type thing (bathrobe sash, elastic strap or cloth belt), and held it around her neck with all his strength, seems to me it would have incapacitated her pretty quickly -- especially if she had been asleep or at least in the bed where he could hold her down with his knee on her back. He could have offered her a massage to help her get to sleep, etc. (graphic enuff? please excuse) That's the way I picture it being done...JMO

Or...maybe they did have that emotional conversation. CW may have reached out to her to comfort her while she was crying and was hugging her and then when he felt he had a good enough hold on her, made his move.

Watts says, "Yeah, 'cause like, Bella was going to start kindergarten, next, next Monday."

WAS.

The faces of grief don't lie. Especially the face of the man who should have loved them all, at least the children, more than anyone.
To me, that pretty much says it all. Especially when you compare him to the grieving father. There's just no holding back. Or when there is it's a stunned expression.... so sad. How horrible that they may have to sit there and listen to him tell everyone she killed her two precious babies. Jmo

The prosecution has to prove each element of the crime beyond a reasonable doubt - Body disposal is not an element of first degree murder - it pertains to a separate charge (he admitted to). First degree murder is that the defendant, in the state of Colorado, after deliberation, with intent to cause the death, actually caused the death, and conduct was not authorized (jury instructions are a great resource but I can’t figure out how to link to them). So the evidence - circumstantial or direct - would need to prove facts pertaining to those elements.

And regarding circumstantial evidence - I’m not sure how it’s treated in Colorado, but in many jurisdictions, if the circumstantial evidence can fit two or more reasonable conclusions - at least one of which supports the defendant’s innocence - then that’s the one the jury has to go with.
I didn’t say that body disposal “was an element of the crime,” rather, I said that it was evidence of “consciousness of guilt” which is circumstantial evidence of murder. Is this wrong?

He seems to be very concerned with what the "other woman" thinks. Are you saying he may have told the other woman that he and his wife had already split up weeks ago? This is what I am thinking was the main reason for closing his FB account, and when he closed it. I'm trying to get a sense of just how deceitful he is, and what his future plans may have been with her. I'm wondering if he was giving his wife the impression everything was ok, while telling the other woman he had already ended the relationship. I don't know how much longer he planned to keep that up. And what he told her right after she went " missing?" Jmo
When did he stop wearing it? @Colorado303 ? I thought he stopped wearing the wedding ring and bracelet and was there a necklace ? At the same time. I assumed it meant marital problems As in SW knew . bc she was alive at that point .
When did you first notice ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members