Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post Ray, even though I have my mind 95 percent made up, you did make me think .
Me too..... my mind is 99+% made up but you brought up a good point Ray about how he disposed of the bodies. Due to the delayed flight and loss of time, the oil vats may have been a last resort for him as well as the shallow grave! I cringe to think what he MAY have planned otherwise.

I don't think anyone has questioned whether he killed everyone. A lot of us are trying to figure out WHY? WHY did this happen? He is not Scott Peterson. He seemed like a doting husband and father. We are just exploring what happened? And literally what happened in that house? However, every time someone starts that path...the response is "but crude oil" and "how is this pertinant"..."and that's not a reason for murder".

He seemed like a doting husband and father. But as has been said here many times...' things are not always as they seem.'

I agree that the 'why' is very important. I have a bit of speculation about the 'why.'

One thing that was shared by our VI, who knows CW very well, is that she has 'never seen him angry.'

In my experience, it is often those who 'never' get angry, who are most likely to suddenly 'IMPLODE/EXPLODE.'

You can only stuff those feelings and raw emotions for so long before you blow.

Another thing we learned about CW is that SW was his first real girlfriend. He had not had any serious relationships previously. So the first time he commits to a relationship, and now he has 2 children, one on the way, a wife with serious health issues, one Bankruptcy and another possibly looming.

On top of that, there is possibly someone he is becoming emotionally attached to that understand him, and is not a burden to him.

If you put those two circumstances together, ongoing deep resentment, simmering below the surface, AND a compelling urge to free himself from the demanding burdens of family life, you might find the WHY in the tragedy.

I was just reading over that post on FB and Shanann was concerned about a bag of pistachios her MIL had in the house and that she gave the non-allergic child ice cream with tree nuts when she was sitting right next to her. SW was mad because her MIL said the 3 yr old needed to learn she can't always get what she wants. So she didn't give the allergic child the ice cream--just the non-allergic child.

It's been some time since I'd read the post and it made me remember it's when I really started liking her. It was an awesome thread of GTH posts.
Yes, and Shanann specifically told her MIL that they couldn't have nuts in the house! It could be fatal, fgs! JMO

Last edited:
Emotions in here seem to be on the rise. I would hate to see this thread locked down. I’ve stated where I stand as of now and I don’t feel the need to keep stating it over and over again. So, I’m going to give my views on who is responsible for killing the girls a rest for a bit. :D
I initially misread your post as "Emoticons in here seem to be on the rise..." Made me laugh. I have certainly seen a lot more of these guys lately :mad::confused::eek:o_O

I have seen no "glee". Can you point out the glee? Because that would be bad.

Wow, glee? I don't imagine anyone here ever feels glee or any other happy feelings when it comes to four dead souls! Regardless of doubt, I can safely state with the utmost confidence that nobody here is gleeful about the deaths of Shanann and her children. My word.

Why? Because this crime is so out of the ordinary something unheard of happened behind those closed doors. By all accounts this was the normal financially over extended young middle class family. There were no long criminal histories, past histories of violence or a long list of people labeling one as a 'psycho'. Just normal people that we have a unique insight into because of a heavy SM presence.

I have two theories which is why is stated 50/50. I believe SW had a lot to lose if her marriage failed. It appears their financial outlook had been bleak for some time. She appeared to me to have a high maintenance lifestyle that needed cash flow and losing the stable income from CW would be a huge hit. I really just do not think she was making that much money with Thrive simply because it costs a lot to maintain the MLM charade. Part of the MLM 'recipe for success' is to show off how successful you are financially which means spending the money you earn. There is a reason most MLM's push things like luxury cars, that is part of the image. It would also damage the perfect social media image she relied on to push her product to a network of strangers. Then she needed support such as a caretaker for the kids when she goes on these MLM networking vacations. She was used to being in control and the loss of that could cause an explosive situation. Add all that up coupled with the looming argument with a husband who is planning to leave you could cause a reaction totally out of character and unexpected, the proverbial 'snap'.

The rest of it could play out just as his confession went. He claims he murdered a murderer. The lies and body disposals were from a panicked man who knew no one would believe him as he stood in the house with a dead family. He tried to bury them but found the task impossible in the time allotted so the children were hidden in the tank out of necessity. Bottom line, she had every reason to keep things together. Her entire identity was dependent on it. He was a man overcome by rage and then by panicked self preservation.

The other theory pretty much models others that have been posted about CW so I won't reiterate it. He simply snapped and killed everyone and his plan was foiled by a friend who interjected herself before he finished the cleanup.

However, it just doesn't make much sense. It seemed clear he wanted out, she appeared to be expecting it from conversations with others on the trips. He wasn't the one struggling to keep it together to maintain control, she was. From my view, the one who is losing control of their marriage because their spouse is leaving is the one more likely to snap and kill the family as the ultimate act of vengeance. If I can't have you no one will type of thoughts, the guy who is ready to leave it behind isn't. He had no need to kill anyone to move on, he was the one with the stable job so all he needed to do was walk away. Killing the family does nothing for him. He has to know the suspicion alone would be insurmountable and making a family disappear certainly has no financial benefit.

Those factors are what led me to look at the 'what if his story does have some truth'. I know it won't be received well on here but so be it.
I appreciate your post outlining your theory of what happened and why, I don't agree, of course.

I take issue with describing CW as a caretaker, he was their father not some hapless friend SW coerced into babysitting their children.

'The lies and body disposals were from a panicked man'

I don't understand the compassion for him and excuses for what he did, he was a panicked man so he does what comes naturally? Discard his children in oil tanks and lie through his teeth?! If his story were true, he would have called 911 and try to save at least one life.

The public and the law come down hard on hit and run drivers but somehow here, CW's actions are understandable? The dead bodies he discarded were his own children and his wife!

CW was having an affair with a co-worker, he was living a double life and he was the one losing control, imo. Exposure was inevitable, he had two women to juggle, not an easy feat. One had to go, he chose SW and sadly, his children too!

And how do we know he didn't love the luxuries just as much as SW, or even more?!

Why didn't CW walk away, he didn't need permission from SW.

CW is an enigma at this stage but imo, everything will become much clearer when it comes to trial.

With respect, you or we do not know what he told LE before he talked with his father.

RIGHT, which is what i was pointing out, as the op stated his story changed between arrest and the story we know he told. We don't know if he's story changed, and the link provided didn't make it more clear.

It’s kind of like hitting someone with your car. If you stay on the scene and call for help, the punishment is usually pretty light. Accidents happen. If you hit and run, you’re automatically at fault and in for a world of punishment.

And this is OT, but now I’m thinking of Justin Harris, who left his baby in a sweltering car all day. Many times, parents are not charged in those deaths.
Wow, jinx, I just wrote the same thing!

That is where I am with TB. I can buy that he had relations with a man. It is the man himself that sets off my hinky meter.

Lots of people are saying that SW spent a lot of money and was irresponsible, yet CW allegedly gave TB around $1,000 in cash and gifts, including stuff from Sephora.

Yes me too! I don’t doubt he could have a male AP, but why TB?! He’s just so extreme & over the top. He’s involved w/ Younique, which makes me question why CW would want to get involved with another person into MLMs. There’s some hot af gay men out there, CW could have done way better than TB for sure.

I appreciate your post outlining your theory of what happened and why, I don't agree, of course.

I take issue with describing CW as a caretaker, he was their father not some hapless friend SW coerced into babysitting their children.

'The lies and body disposals were from a panicked man'

I don't understand the compassion for him and excuses for what he did, he was a panicked man so he does what comes naturally? Discard his children in oil tanks and lie through his teeth?! If his story were true, he would have called 911 and try to save at least one life.

The public and the law come down hard on hit and run drivers but somehow here, CW's actions are understandable? The dead bodies he discarded were his own children and his wife!

CW was having an affair with a co-worker, he was living a double life and he was the one losing control, imo. Exposure was inevitable, he had two women to juggle, not an easy feat. One had to go, he chose SW and sadly, his children too!

And how do we know he didn't love the luxuries just as much as SW, or even more?!

Why didn't CW walk away, he didn't need permission from SW.

CW is an enigma at this stage but imo, everything will become much clearer when it comes to trial.
Agreed. Every. Word.

Known facts about CW

• He’s a cheater
  • He’s a liar
  • He’s a killer
  • He’s a coward
  • He’s not a hero
He had a chance to be a hero. But yea, he failed to save his children. And then hid them, well because he wanted to protect SW right before he threw her under the bus ( hmmm “into a shallow grave”)

@Mrspratcher

“It’s hard for me to believe he really cared about them when he dumped them in oil tanks, and left them floating within said oil tanks for four days”.

When my sister’s baby died of cot death, he was the first immediate family member to pass away. With my sister’s blessing, my parents bought a plot on either side of him for themselves so he “wouldn’t be alone” and they chose the spot with great care.

We did the same when our little dog died a few months ago. She hated the heat and so we chose a lovely spot in the garden with plenty of shade.

That’s why I find the location he chose to “dump” his 2 little innocent girls as if they were garbage so horrific. Maybe I’m overly sentimental but that’s not a bad thing when you’re talking about those you love and cherish.

CW didn't come up with that story until he had talked to his father. Why not right from the time he got arrested??!!

Can you please provide a link showing he hadn't "come up" with his story until he talked to his dad. I didn't think we heard about what his story was prior to hearing "the story." And how do you know when exactly he "came up" with it? Just because he didn't express it to anyone until he talked with his dad doesn't mean he was lying. My guess was he was scared to tell his story--rightfully so, and waited until he knew he had his dad's love and support.

But please provide a link that his story changed between arrest and Dad.

"Days after letting police inside his home so they could help find his missing family, Christopher Watts told investigators "he would tell the truth."

Watts first asked to speak with his father, then admitted to killing his wife, Shannan. Watts told police in court papers released Monday that he killed her after witnessing her strangling one of the girls on a baby monitor. He said she had already killed the other child." Christopher Watts blames his wife for daughters' killings, court documents say

He didn't change his story between arrest and dad, as he didn't tell a story until after he spoke with his dad. His story changed from the initial missing person's porch story, but not between arrest and talk with dad, which is what was stated above. The "she killed the girls then I killed them" has been his story since his arrest, unless you have link to show otherwise? Because that link provided doesn't show a change in stories between arrest and his current story.

With respect, you or we do not know what he told LE before he talked with his father.

We don't know at all what he told LE between his voluntary media interviews and when he had the meeting with his dad and presented the latest story.

RIGHT, which is what i was pointing out, as the op stated his story changed between arrest and the story we know he told. We don't know if he's story changed, and the link provided didn't make it more clear.

Just bringing all these posts up in a chronological row so it can be more clear.

I don't get why you are limiting his changes of story to between his arrest to after consultation with Dad. Re what he told NUA, the people he stayed with, and what he told the millions of people who watched his lies on the media appearances, those are the points his lies begin, from what we know. Point is, that we didn't learn of his latest story blaming his wife until after he talked to his Dad. We simply don't know how many reiterations there were in his story until he publicly (affidavit) blamed his wife. Right after talking to Dad. (affidavit)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member