Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You quoted me as saying:
------------------------------------
NuttMegg said:
We don't know at all what he told LE between his voluntary media interviews and when he had the meeting with his dad and presented the latest story.
-----------------------
We still don't. We know some of the lies he told his friends, NUA, the cop at the house, all the media interviews, etc, then the next thing we hear is the story about it all being her fault.

If you are saying his story didn't change, well it sure did. Or was he just joking around when he said they could have left by the back yard contruction road, etc (many etcs) No, they couldn't have, they were already dead and desecrated.

I don't get it, but I also don't care so I'm out of this subject.
Of course he changed his story! In many instances! We have a pretty good idea of what he originally said to LE since three people are said to have told reporters that he admitted to killing HIS WIFE AND TWO CHILDREN. Some may view that as a missprint, but I consider it the truth. Jmo

And if so she likely told him she was going to take his cheating, despicable arse to the cleaners.
From what I gather, there wasn't much to take to the cleaners, ykwim?

I do think, however, that finances were indeed a looming pressure on him. They couldn't afford their current life and couldn't afford two separate households either. Plenty of people manage to survive and even prosper after huge setbacks, but I think he was tired of setbacks and being "stuck."

jmo

Thats true! Maybe that is that the "ultimately" implies in the affidavit. He may have beat her or hit her in the head with something first. There must be some evidence on those sheets he intended to throw away... jmo
I think he was planning on getting rid of the sheets because at some point during the 5 weeks or even 3 day SW was gone he snuck his AP in the house on occasion and hadn’t washed the sheets. In the beginning he denied the affair but if her DNA was on the bedding LE would find out. Of course he eventually admitted to it.

Only thing life insurance wouldn’t pay on a missing family unless he could prove they were dead unless he was going to set it up like someone else murdered them eventually until NA botched his plans.

I'm not suggesting he would frame another person for their murders other than SW. I'm asking how long it would take to have them declared dead in Colorado. I know in some states it can be done in a year, but it varies from state to state I believe.

I'm sorry if it comes across like I'm putting words in your mouth, I'm challenging your theory.

In your scenario, SW wants freedom to run a successful business and yet, CW had enough freedom to have at least one affair, maybe more. That doesn't sound fair to me.
SW wanted to be home for her children and make a good living, is that crime? Maybe it was unrealistic but CW having affairs wasn't going to solve the problem, he could have left the family and proceed with a divorce, that's not uncommon.

Why would a sane person choose to speak to their spouse at 4 am about a separation, why the urgency? If we believe his story, he created the chaotic situation and then, had to cover it up. It just doesn't hold water, imo.
And actually, he initially reported that he woke up at 5:00 am, and began the conversation with his wife about the separation (one news article states that it was 5:15). How does this leave enough time to wake up your wife, have an emotional conversation during which both are crying, and pack up your stuff into the truck and leave by 5:27? Only when he realized it made no sense did he change it to 4:00. He obviously did not plan for LE to show up so soon, and be able to stage the scene and go over it in his mind. Imo

Yes, he lied and lied and lied and admitted nothing until he was cornered, and then he comes up with his 'truth', which he thinks absolves him of guilt.
I don't care what happened in that house, that night but once he dumped his little girls in crude oil points to his guilt in their murders.
And I don't care how many times she took them to doctors or how bossy she was, nothing will explain that to me.
!

I wonder if CW actually pushed her down the stairs when she got home hoping to knock her out it didn’t kill her so he finished her off by strangling her. Michael Peterson killed his wife that way.

Again, COD is not out so anything like this wouldn’t not be surprising, moo.

Random thought, not based on anything at all, maybe he’d been poisoning Shanann...Or even the kids for all we know (not for the purpose of MbP/FDIA (attention)).

How many cases do we see on Forensic Files where the spouse tries to poison their mate slowly over a period of time?

Have we ever seen a case where a man poison kids? I know this is a reach, just curious. Not saying this happened, just wondering.

I'm not suggesting he would frame another person for their murders other than SW. I'm asking how long it would take to have them declared dead in Colorado. I know in some states it can be done in a year, but it varies from state to state I believe.
Was there a policy on the girls? Or just his wife? Do we even know what it was? ( the amount) Does one even exist?

CW did not kill himself when he murdered his family because his latest squeeze was on the greener grass on the other side. IMO.
I honestly think this is the case. I take it from the VI he didn’t have many gf’s in the past, so when an outgoing and pretty SW was interested in him he was infatuated. Then he began to lose weight, got more attention from other women and flirting started at work. During those 6 weeks SW was away in NC it turned into a full blown affair and he saw greener pastures.

Quote in progress:

Random thought, not based on anything at all, maybe he’d been poisoning Shanann for a while. Or even the kids for all we know (not for the purpose of MbP/FDIA (attention)).

How many cases do we see on Forensic Files where the spouse tries to poison their mate slowly over a period of time?

Have we ever seen a case where a man poison kids? I know this is a reach, just curious.
Wasn't she gone for 5 weeks? How long had she been back? I thought it was a short time. I know he joined her the last week but what day did she return from the longer trip?

Again, COD is not out so anything like this wouldn’t not be surprising, moo.

Random thought, not based on anything at all, maybe he’d been poisoning Shanann...Or even the kids for all we know (not for the purpose of MbP/FDIA (attention)).

Have we ever seen a case where a man poison kids? I know this is a reach, just curious. Not saying this happened, just wondering.
PHILLIP AUSTIN
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phillip_Austin

Austin was a 31-year-old forklift operator. His mother-in-law described him as “quiet and unassuming,” but also said that he and his wife, Claire, often argued over money.

He bought a mallet on the way home from work on the morning he murdered his wife and children. He fractured his wife’s skull and shoulder with it, then dragged her into the kitchen where he stabbed her so violently, the knife broke.

After changing his bloody clothes, he calmly drove to her job to tell her boss that Claire hurt her back and couldn't work that day. He then picked up his kids from school and took them out for fish and chips before giving them sleeping pills and strangling them to death.

Austin had the audacity to place the blame for what he did on his wife - for hassling him and arguing.

Sorry to reply to my own post, but I just wanted to add that there is also an article from Denver 7, that states that two local LE informed the reporter that Chris Watts had confessed to killing his wife and two children. The other article states that family members made the same statement. This was Wednesday night, so this was his original story. The following day he was charged with the murders. This must be the information the defense is claiming was leaked to the media. They may have jumped the gun a little, but in my opinion they were telling the truth. The fact that he apparently changed his story is what originally made me think he was guilty. First he admits it, then the next day it's a whole different story? I just don't see how people can believe that. Jmo

Yes I remember this as well. I remember her brother stating that LE had told them CW confessed to killing them all and then boom he said it was SW. I also figured this was what the defense motion was about. They don't want his previous confession or statements to be allowed at trial. JMO.

Can you please provide a link showing he hadn't "come up" with his story until he talked to his dad. I didn't think we heard about what his story was prior to hearing "the story." And how do you know when exactly he "came up" with it? Just because he didn't express it to anyone until he talked with his dad doesn't mean he was lying. My guess was he was scared to tell his story--rightfully so, and waited until he knew he had his dad's love and support.

But please provide a link that his story changed between arrest and Dad.
CW lied to investigators, family, friends, and media from the get go. He continued to lie at the police station. See the Warrantless Arrest Affidavit - more specifically pages 2, 3. It could not be more clear:

"In a subsequent interview Chris asked..to speak with his father who was present at the police department. Chris said he would speak the truth after talking to his dad."

If you've never read the Arrest Warrant, it's available in the Media Thread - search my posts for it.

PHILLIP AUSTIN
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phillip_Austin

Austin was a 31-year-old forklift operator. His mother-in-law described him as “quiet and unassuming,” but also said that he and his wife, Claire, often argued over money.

He bought a mallet on the way home from work on the morning he murdered his wife and children. He fractured his wife’s skull and shoulder with it, then dragged her into the kitchen where he stabbed her so violently, the knife broke.

After changing his bloody clothes, he calmly drove to her job to tell her boss that Claire hurt her back and couldn't work that day. He then picked up his kids from school and took them out for fish and chips before giving them sleeping pills and strangling them to death.

Austin had the audacity to place the blame for what he did on his wife - for hassling him and arguing.

UGH, where is the "non-like" button? Thanks for finding that. Yet another example of an unbelievable crime(s). Why on earth did this guy take it out on the children, too???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme