Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If your loved one doesn't mind then that is up to them.

In an intimate relationship, only the person on the receiving end gets to decide how they perceive a comment made directly to them. That's how it works in the adult world. Words do matter. If they didn't, Judges wouldn't be granting protection orders based on text messages and there wouldn't be the need for Chicago to dedicate an entire courthouse to domestic violence. JMO
I understand what you are saying. But the point was made by many as well as Attorney G that the FB videos do not constitute what would be legally considered verbal/emotional abuse. Also, whose motive are we discussing? As I said before, he claims he killed her in a rage for allegedly killing their children. She did not kill him. So whose motive?

Same with the medical school and research centers handling of cadavers.

There is reverential care in handling of the remains of those who have donated their body to the universities. It is an amazing and humbling experience.

But I suppose it’s just an experiential thing.

BBM
Re: the bolded part: Thanks for sharing your experience in those situations. I'd always hoped that was the case, so it's reassuring to know that such gifts are received with gratitude.

In an intimate relationship, only the person on the receiving end gets to decide how they perceive a comment made directly to them. That's how it works in the adult world. Words do matter. If they didn't, Judges wouldn't be granting protection orders based on text messages and there wouldn't be the need for Chicago to dedicate an entire courthouse to domestic violence. JMO

Once again, I agree. In the adult world people communicate their discomfort, seek help and they end their relationship/link with the abuser. It's called options, choices and alternatives to end the abuse. It's legal, moral, normal and the right thing to do. JMO

So? I have to have solid proof before I can reasonably take something into consideration?

Nobody who thinks CW is guilty of all have been influenced by the SM stuff? Nobody stating Shanann couldn't possibly have done it uses her SM as evidence of their perspective? Uhno. It comes into discussion a lot and it's used to back up those opinions. My personal opinion is subject to change based on more info... And I've expressed theories I have about cw being the perp!
I’m not saying you need solid proof in order to consider a possibility. I’m simply pointing out that using anecdotal and speculative evidence at the exclusion of “solid proof,” isn’t likely to get you to the truth.

To use an extreme example. Ignoring all of the evidence against C.W., and theorizing that Shanann killed her kids because of her social media behavior, doesn’t seem like sound logic.

Is this in relation to Shanann and CW particular situation? If so, could you please reference evidence that would support the theory that Shanann came home from a weekend trip, dropped her shoes at the door, put her purse on the counter, left her suitcase at the bottom of the stairs (per affadavit evidence found) and somehow her words mattered enough (loving and praising SM posts about her husband)that her babies and unborn child, and finally her, ended up strangled, dumped in oil and covered in dirt?

Because I haven't seen a dang bit of evidence through the unbelievable scrutinized SM posts by this loving wife, mama, and friend that can lead me to what you're proposing.

I do agree. Words do matter. Like all the lies CW told the cameras as he preened his shirt and smiled. While his babies, and pregnant wife were buried in oil and dirt.

Moo moo moo

Thank you for sharing these examples. I agree with you completely on the definitions you cited of abuse and harassment.
The videos of SW from her SM do not show her abusing CW or the girls in any way. Teasing yes. Abuse, no.
It is passive/aggressive behavior. CW can't dish back because it is SW's "work" video. Where there is smoke, there is usually fire. JMO

Good point. <modsnip> It is not verbal abuse in most people's opinions, from what has been offered and discussed already so much. Please see our VI Attorney's excellent post to this regard. And whose motive are we discussing? He said he killed her in a rage because of the girls. Are you saying she killed the girls because she has made some unkind jokes at her husband's expense?
Chris's motive. For killing all of them. I'm talking about exploring Chris's motive for killing everyone, if he in fact did. Unkind jokes may be part of his motive, I don't know, thankfully I'm not him! But his motive doesn't have to be reasonable to us!

Hypothetically. Say CW confessed to his lawyers that he was responsible for killing his entire family, could they still (ethically and legally) use the defense that SW did this?

An attorney has an ethical duty to the Court and to the client. So, CW could not take the stand and say he did not kill them, when his attorney knows he did. By eliciting the response, the attorney is perpetrating a fraud against the court.

See below:
https://www.law.ua.edu/pubs/jlp_files/issues_files/vol03/vol03art15.pdf

I’m not saying you need solid proof in order to consider a possibility. I’m simply pointing out that using anecdotal and speculative evidence at the exclusion of “solid proof,” isn’t likely to get you to the truth.

To use an extreme example. Ignoring all of the evidence against C.W., and theorizing that Shanann killed her kids because of her social media behavior, doesn’t seem like sound logic.
We also have a VI who you may choose not to believe but I for one do.

It is passive/aggressive behavior. CW can't dish back because it is SW's "work" video. Where there is smoke, there is usually fire. JMO
oh, so you are saying he lied again when he said he killed her in a rage for allegedly murdering their children. He really killed her because he could not defend himself after a work video made months ago? And if it is not in a video on FB, then he can't talk to her at all?

I was just wondering, are you a psychologist or somehow otherwise licensed to diagnose or professionaly address personality or mental disorders or abnormal behavior? Sincere question. Not being snarky.

Chris's motive. For killing all of them. I'm talking about exploring Chris's motive for killing everyone, if he in fact did. Unkind jokes may be part of his motive, I don't know, thankfully I'm not him! But his motive doesn't have to be reasonable to us!

So, let's considered that scenario, verbally abused CW strangled SW. My question, did Cece or Bella verbally abused CW and that's why he strangled them and dump their bodies on oil tanks? Can you explain that to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tametn