Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless as to who he said killed his daughters, his demeanor afterwards and his actions at the Thayers were telling.

How could he not grieve for those little girls? Especially knowing they were laying dead in dark oil, that his last memory of them was putting them there? How? Half the world is now grieving for them and we didn’t even know them.

That was their daddy, they trusted him and he’s laughing and showing off his shirt, checking himself on tv and planning to sell the house. IMO he killed them or he’d never be that evilly detached.
Just like Scott Peterson, he thought they would never find the bodies and he would be able to move on with his single life.

Where is everyone this morning? :eek:

ETA: I feel like I looked at my class schedule wrong and went & sat down in the wrong (empty!) classroom!

There was no link at the end of the old thread. Most of the day when I searched for a 27th thread, I couldn't find it. When I did the very same search just now, it showed up. Weird. (Shrugs)

@MassGuy if autopsies are public in Colorado, does that mean that the Prosecutors request to withhold the reports, will the request to keep sealed be likely declined?
A lawyer could answer this better than I ever could. The autopsies were sealed for a period of time with the Aurora shootings, but even those were released before trial.

Do you suppose that might affect if the trial is televised or not?

I think there are a bunch of reasons either side might not want it televised. Not necessarily anything about the quality of the evidence but that the cameras just add an additional element of crazy. They will certainly face the media and specifically HLN's lawyers if they want to ban the cameras though.

Just like Scott Peterson, he thought they would never find the bodies and he would be able to move on with his single life.
Scott Peterson did a much better job in this regard. Unfortunately for him, the bodies decomposed to a point that they were able to become detached from the weights they were likely anchored to.

Could this be the DA playing nice with the defense to get the prints, DNA etc that they had requested? Meaning, the DA knows the defense does not want the findings released so they say 'hey we will file this if you give us what we want".

I don’t see that happening. Each side files motions for their own specific reasons.

I think it would be interesting for a criminal attorney VI here to comment on what can constitute premeditation. It is my understanding that it can be a VERY short period of planning...just not a "in the heat of the moment or passion" event. Given how long strangling takes (versus a gunshot, for example), you have many moments to back out as well. I also wonder how hard it is to prove premeditation when you have 3 killings, which very likely given strangling had to happen one after another at the very least - not simultaneously. Whatever happened, he had many, many minutes to stop before all three were dead, even assuming they happened one after another, which we do not know.
That is exactly why CW said SW is responsible for the murder of 2 babies. He only killed SW in a rage. He is pretty smart. (I no longer think he is dumb as can be)

Oooooh... too much so.
CW:
I miss them and want them back-
Don't look at my workplace (the first place I was during/after the time she is missing).

SP:
I went fishing on Christmas Eve leaving my heavily pregnant (now missing) wife at home.
Don't look where I went fishing tho.

Dang... they are unreal.

But he really is baaaaadddd. What he says hardly even makes sense. Gosh... those interviews were a dumb thing to do. He should have stuck with the 'I am too worried and sad to give interviews' story.
You are right that he shouldn't have done them. If he thought he needed to be out there he should have chosen to read a statement only. But as the FBI profiler said on a media review of his interview, it takes a very confident person to do it. And he did not do just one...several. Why did he have such confidence in his ability to lie? I believe that further goes against the defense theory of what happened. Who has that kind of confidence when they are just a poor, innocent slob who lost his family through a terrible turn of Greek tragedy events?

That is exactly why CW said SW is responsible for the murder of 2 babies. He only killed SW in a rage. He is pretty smart. (I no longer think he is dumb as can be)
That still leaves him killing two humans.
Desecration of bodies, disposal of evidence of murder,
etc.
Even if that is/was his plan... his dad must have told him. Numbskull IMO

You are right that he shouldn't have done them. If he thought he needed to be out there he should have chosen to read a statement only. But as the FBI profiler said on a media review of his interview, it takes a very confident person to do it. And he did not do just one...several. Why did he have such confidence in his ability to lie? I believe that further goes against the defense theory of what happened. Who has that kind of confidence when they are just a poor, innocent slob who lost his family through a terrible turn of Greek tragedy events?
Exactly. It’s not just that he had the ability to lie like that, it was the confidence in which he did it. It’s takes a lot of arrogance to believe that you can lie to millions of people, and have them believe you.

She had posted about her daughter's allergies and how her mother in law was serving food that her daughter couldn't have when Shannan had asked her not to. She didn't feel like they were taking the food allergy seriously. I don't have a link to the screenshot of the post about it, but it may have been in an allergy group.
Hi @AnotherNancyDrew ~ this was discussed at length on WS recently and a moderator has informed us that a verified person who was there at the time of the alleged incident has confirmed it never happened that way as people suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colinnew