Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought her "followers" were her coworkers and not her family. The videos I have seen were supposedly live and the scenes featuring the crying children served no purpose that I could figure out. JMO

"Like family," in reference to how much "closer" it's seems to feel when you're viewing a live video; it's like being on a video call, but the person filming can't hear you or see you; but they can read your chat messages in real-time, as SW did so frequently.

Live videos are intimate, and when viewing them in real time, are just a completely different experience than watching a pre-recorded video, IMO. We just can't get that same experience when watching them, unfortunately. But I think it's important to consider that fact should anyone choose to analyze those videos.

As for her followers, whether it was FB or IG, I'd think her SM accounts would be blended with a variety of different people, whether they were friends, family, or co-workers.

As gruesome as it is, I believe you're probably right. Did we ever find out where the missing baby blankets from their beds were? That also feels creepy to type.
I never heard anything about "baby blankets." From what we know thus far, pillowcases and a bedsheet (matching one) were found in the kitchen trashcan when police declared the house a crime scene. The other (matching) bedsheet, was found at the dumpsite.

I thought her "followers" were her coworkers and not her family. The videos I have seen were supposedly live and the scenes featuring the crying children served no purpose that I could figure out. JMO

When you are filming something 'live' and you have very young children, there is bound to be some crying involved. Maybe your kids never cried at a major holiday gathering, but mine certainly did--like clockwork.

Am I going to stop filming just because one of the kids are crying? NO< that's life, keep filming. It is fun now looking back and seeing it. One of our favorite videos is starring my 3 yr old daughter, going after another 3 yr old, at the Birthday cake table, where the little girl tried to take the Barbie doll off my daughters cake. LOL They were both crying and screaming and now it is very funny to watch.

Kids cry. That's what they do. It's not that big of a deal. My 3 yr old grand baby was crying yesterday because her cat won't wear his Halloween costume they bought for him. She wants him to wear the vampire cape and he hates it. I wish I had taped it because it was pretty cute. I was trying to talk to her about it and she was so sad that he didn't 'like' his red cape. lol

I guess if I had taped it, and some here watched it, I'd be a cruel Grandma because I thought it was funny she was so upset. I even told her she was being silly. I explained that Oscar the cat doesn't have to wear it, just because she wants him to. That made her cry harder so I told her she was being unfair. It made her think a little before dismissing my opinion completely. lol

Please, let's all discuss dispassionately and with respect. It's not as if there are trolls posting here. Members will differ.

This is all JMO. I am not a mod.

When a member posts a point of view that we don't agree with, how about posting a simple refutation? Members will not necessarily change their minds, however. That is fine.

It is not helpful, IMO, to respond to posts emotionally, or in a way that twists the intellectual disagreement into a personal one. Accusations rarely solve a disagreement or prove a point.

I'm not a mod, just someone who would like the thread kept open - and the minds kept open, too!

BBM.

To me too. I watch the interviews and see a terrified man. Up for debate (and it has been a fiery one indeed! ;)) as to whether he's terrified b/c the killed them all or b/c killed SW (Nico) according to his own version. But as MerryB said- we all know now that he lied. If he was going to lie, I think it stands to reason he was going to "try his darndest to do it his bestest". So IMO, it's not about how good of a liar he was. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't but he did.

But I see terror either way. And, for whatever it's worth, the part where he is asked the names and ages of his girls is the part where I see him the most emotional. Maybe even the only part, but I definitely see emotion there.

JMO.
How could he! How could he end those adorable little girls’ lives and futures? They did nothing! Sickening.

A grieving father would have said, "Bella is suppose to start school today." Then the grieving father starts sobbing at the idea that his daughter is missing. JMO
Exactly BeanieBod! It's not even about we know he's lying and analysing the videos proves it, it's his lack of emotion towards his dead children!
We're watching his face, listening to his words, knowing what he knew and trying to understand how he could manage it!
It's unfathomable, a word he even used, funnily enough!
When he said he hoped they were huddled up somewhere, a strange choice of words but very revealing. He's a good liar but not THAT good.

Massguy, so glad you remember the details of this case. I remember a few but had already forgotten about the footprint request.

I never heard about baby blankets but I did not start following at the beginning.

I never heard anything about "baby blankets." From what we know thus far, pillowcases and a bedsheet (matching one) were found in the kitchen trashcan when police declared the house a crime scene. The other (matching) bedsheet, was found at the dumpsite.
I did hear about baby blankets in the beginning. Not sure, but I think NU said it.

When you are filming something 'live' and you have very young children, there is bound to be some crying involved. Maybe your kids never cried at a major holiday gathering, but mine certainly did--like clockwork.

Am I going to stop filming just because one of the kids are crying? NO< that's life, keep filming. It is fun now looking back and seeing it. One of our favorite videos is starring my 3 yr old daughter, going after another 3 yr old, at the Birthday cake table, where the little girl tried to take the Barbie doll off my daughters cake. LOL They were both crying and screaming and now it is very funny to watch.

Kids cry. That's what they do. It's not that big of a deal. My 3 yr old grand baby was crying yesterday because her cat won't wear his Halloween costume they bought for him. She wants him to wear the vampire cape and he hates it. I wish I had taped it because it was pretty cute. I was trying to talk to her about it and she was so sad that he didn't 'like' his red cape. lol

I guess if I had taped it, and some here watched it, I'd be a cruel Grandma because I thought it was funny she was so upset. I even told her she was being silly. I explained that Oscar the cat doesn't have to wear it, just because she wants him to. That made her cry harder so I told her she was being unfair. It made her think a little before dismissing my opinion completely. lol
I think that much like a psychologist friend of mine who also does Beach Body, that possibly she wanted to keep it real for family and friends. It's a way of saying, "Hey, my life is hectic and crazy just like yours but I do this and so can you." It balances out the other "I feel great and my life is peachy because I use BB" pitches.

Kids cry at Santa often when they are little. One of my nieces threw an insane fit before calming down and taking a precious picture. Of course, she had to be removed from his lap first and watch other kids do it before deciding she was ready to do it without having a nervous breakdown. If they had taken the pic the first time you would have thought Santa was an ax murderer.

But I've never claimed she was abusing her kids. Not once have I said that. Do I think some things are very off with her behaviour with the children then yes, but that is subjective and certain things like forcing my kids to sit on human bunnies and father christmas while they are hysterical with their arms outstretched towards me then heck no I wouldn't and least of all take a picture of them doing it with laughing emojis. Like I say we are all different.

I have also never said she deserved what happened to her or Nico or her girls. Am I convinced CW killed the girls then no I'm not.

This is not a contest on who is right or wrong in this awful tragedy, it's trying to find out what EXACTLY happened.

There are no winners in this and I'm tired of defending any questions or opinions, and having words being put in mouth that I haven't said.
ITA. My position on this tragedy is to keep an open mind because CW has accused SW of murdering their children. The children deserve justice which shouldn't include allowing the media to railroad Daddy if there is a possibility he didn't kill them. If there is compelling evidence against either parent, I'm willing to at least consider it. There are things in the videos that I find troubling. JMO

Much more don't though. It's pretty rare, men leave wives and children daily.
I personally had a thought of suicide more than once and one day I told myself I can't leave my kids here to take the abuse alone, how selfish would I be. I'd have to take my children with me, that 1 second thought made me sick and feel stupid, I screamed at myself JUST LEAVE YOU IDIOT. I dealt with 18 years of mental, verbal and physical abuse yet I had enough sense to leave and not kill myself or my children. So in my opinion it's very rare for a women to kill their children though I do understand it does happen. I also had every reason to harm my husband and there was time I had the right to save my own life but I didn't. Thank God most of us have sense and control and wouldn't take another person's life. MOO IMO JMO
{{{hugs}}} Davia, we’re glad you’re here too.

Thanks for sharing that photo. I imagine now that your children are older they are amused to see themselves crying with that laughing Santa. I makes me so sad to think how Bella and CeCe would have looked back on that Christmas video of Shanann's and laughed at how scared they were, but they never had the chance to grow up.

That wasn't my actual photo, but it looks very much like that. And they do laugh at the photo now. I have others, from when they were a bit older, and they both have 'lists' of toys they wanted. My son was very specific and would tell Santa exactly what he hoped for on Christmas Day. No more crying once they figured it out.

I guess I just don't understand why people are so critical of her 'letting' her toddlers cry. In my opinion, little kids do cry. That's what they do. They are emotional and they laugh and cry and with great regularity.

And it makes me so sad to see people being so critical of her over something that is so normal for a young child to do.

But what would be the point of belittling your spouse in front of your coworkers other than to publicly humiliate him? I get uncomfortable when I see parents do that to children.
What some interpret as belittling others just see as playful banter with someone she considered her best friend, loving husband, and adoring father. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mechahendrix