Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed, they walk among us. Just hours before Mollie Tibbetts body was located, FBI announced "a predator is living among us."
Here's an example of the feeling that some of us get sometimes -- especially we women-folk (yes, women -- it's that "special" fear).
My DH is out of town checking on our little place at the NC coast (minor damage, but damage nonetheless), and I am "grand-dog" sitting. We are in a gated development, so you know nothing ever happens in those areas :cool: ). Anyway, I took doggie for a pee/poop walk around 10:00pm, all was fine -- well lit, quiet. I was watching the pup on his leash, and glanced behind me, and my own damm shadow startled me. Really. But only for a nano-sec. I'm not that much of a scaredy-cat, but that's what happened. You never know.

I hope CW has that fear in him now. A couple of inmates walking behind him, whistling or humming a little tune. Does he look behind him or does he walk faster? Certainly not like the realization-then-fear that SW had in their house that night... Surely she fought hard -- where were the girls -- what did I do to make him do this -- somebody help me. Then nothing.

IMO, there's no way the prosecutor would consider a plea deal for CW unless it's to trade taking away the DP threat and trading for guilt allocution and LWOP since LWOP means what it says in Colorado. But I would insist on guilt allocution (if that is done in Colorado). He must say it. Then maybe the State will make a deal. Maybe. MO.

Here's an example of the feeling that some of us get sometimes -- especially we women-folk (yes, women -- it's that "special" fear).
My DH is out of town checking on our little place at the NC coast (minor damage, but damage nonetheless), and I am "grand-dog" sitting. We are in a gated development, so you know nothing ever happens in those areas :cool: ). Anyway, I took doggie for a pee/poop walk, all was fine -- well lit, quiet. I was watching the pup on his leash, and glanced behind me, and my own damm shadow startled me. Really. But only for a nano-sec. I'm not that much of a scaredy-cat, but that's what happened. You never know.
I hope CW has that fear in him now. A couple of inmates walking behind him, whistling or humming a little tune. Does he look behind him or does he walk faster? Certainly not like the realization-then-fear that SW had in their house that night... Surely she fought hard -- where were the girls -- what did I do to make him do this -- somebody help me. Then nothing.

IMO, there's no way the prosecutor would consider a plea deal for CW unless it's to trade taking away the DP threat and trading for guilt allocution and LWOP since LWOP means what it says in Colorado. But I would insist on guilt allocution (if that is done in Colorado). He must say it. Then maybe the State will make a deal. Maybe. MO.
I agree. I hope he lives in fear the rest of his life.

As far as allocation goes, you can make that a requirement in some jurisdictions (not sure about Colorado).

The problem is, these statements are invariably self serving, and leave much to be desired.

You can make him tell you what happened, but you can’t force him to tell the truth.

His word is garbage, and only the evidence may speak the truth here.

I don't know how others feel, but aside from the whole senseless, horrible murder, there are little things make me teary-eyed like Bella wanting to have long hair.

I always had long hair but wanted to be a blonde. My mother bought me a bright pink swimcap with 2 fake blonde ponytails sticking out of the sides. This reminds me of how SW tried to make Bella feel better
about her short hair by using the barrettes.

In a video shot SW's office, she holds up a snapshot of when she (SW) was CeCe's age and they look identical. Same hairstyle and hair color.

It just shows that both CW and SW had thin hair when young but that
at least SW's grew thicker after her toddler years. The girls' thin hair wasn't due to any illness or what they were eating. It was heredity and they'd have thicker hair in a few years.

Now I'm teary-eyed. Your sweet tender heart.

I don't know how CW let LE into the house. I've not seen that stated anywhere. I have seen that the dog was in the garage, because the neighbors apparently heard the dog barking and it was coming from the garage. Also, not sure if the dog was kenneled.

Interesting, so if the dog was in the garage he might have used the dog as an excuse to pull in really quick and close the door or to ask them to go around to the front door where he would let them in? Just speculation... I can't wait to hear NAU's testimony and the testimony of the officers who did the well-check.

Interesting, so if the dog was in the garage he might have used the dog as an excuse to pull in really quick and close the door or to ask them to go around to the front door where he would let them in? Just speculation... I can't wait to hear NAU's testimony and the testimony of the officers who did the well-check.
the dog wasn't in the garage - it was in the house - Shanann Watts (34) and daughters Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest*

Ha! It’s good to know that I’m not the only one subjecting little kids to horrible abuse.

Thanks for the info, and hopefully you’re right in regard to it being possible.

If the alternative is true, it certainly hurts CW come trial. But I truly hope he didn’t have to force anything.
BBM I have a grandchild and have been wondering if the 8" hole was not too small. As we all know no two children are the same. They appear to be really small so I am hoping too that additional force was NOT needed. IMOO,

@Shekkiec: QUOTE: You stated NUA used a key to enter. Do you know if SW gave her a key recently or if several people had keys to their home? I’m lucky bc my phone uses a phone app lock system so I don’t bother with keys. END QUOTE

Respectfully, how would that affect the case?
Imo if she gave her the key the night before it could imply SW was worried that night

1. 2015 bankruptcies there were student loans ( hers) chiropractic bills (not aware if he went to one but SW I believe did perhaps for her illnesses) and Norstrams , other felt stores and credit card debt.Frederick Couple Faced Economic Pressure, Had Filed Bankruptcy
2. We know of one active affair I am not sure any have been confirmed besides that. The one person on AB had his call dropped during interview and never returned.imo that’s suspicious
3. Was it said he left to work in oil fields in Colorado ? I have never heard any mention of him being fired @Colorado303 @isalybra or @Trinket78 do you know if he was fired from multiple jobs ?

1. Bankruptcy does not wipe out student loans, so we know that's not why they filed. It's pure speculation to assume only she went to the chiropractor. Both of them and the kids wore nice clothes, so the department store debt was the family's.
2. One active affair is promiscuity enough. Marriage + affair = promiscuous.

There are many people who simply are not interested in crime. Tbey may read about it a couple of times and that’s it. They have other interests which may include sports but also may including doing sports themselves.

With work, hobbies, families, many people have other priorities. It does not mean that they are unintelligent.

Actually, I have to read on here because I know no one in real life who is interested in crime of any kind. A cursory, “Oh , yeah.” A few little facts they know and that is the extent of interest.

bbm
Same here. I've been here since 2010.
We're a feisty little bunch! :D

1. Bankruptcy does not wipe out student loans, so we know that's not why they filed. It's pure speculation to assume only she went to the chiropractor. Both of them and the kids wore nice clothes, so the department store debt was the family's.
The bankruptcy was filed in the summer of 2015, so in all probability, I would imagine they were struggling after having the two children so close together. I believe that the Chiropractor costs were quite minor and were prior to SW's neck surgery.

Respectfully I stated “ I don’t know if C.W. went to chiropractor but I think she did for her illnesses”
I don’t believe I stated whom was responsible for any credit card debt I attached a news article with information on bankruptcy since no link was given as to speculation of CW having money issues
I also did not say he was or was not promiscuous I stated he admitted to one affair although IMO I did not believe the other because the post stated multiple affairs.
I asked the VI’s about the job history because I had not heard anything in MM one way or the other

[

I do recall reading an article that stated a neighbor heard the dog barking in the garage on Monday. I believe this came out of the canvas of the neighborhood that LE did on Monday night.

I'm also very interested in hearing the testimony of NUA and LE who did the well person check plus hearing testimony from LE regarding the details of his confession.

Esteemed, “best selling author” Nick Van Der Leek would respectfully disagree with you. He’s about to release his second “book” on this case.

My guess is that this one will be entirely based on social media, as it’s not like we’ve had much new information in the past 2 weeks.

It’s going to be terrible.
I'm cringing at the thought of book No. 2 already. Actually, I'm cringing more at the little bit of book No.1 I read. Is he for real? Rhetorical question.

Do we know she was never evaluated by a mental health professional, or sought treatment for mental health issues?

I think if it was a major issue, we would have heard about it by now.

If it was something like marriage counseling or help dealing with a debilitating illness, it might not be that relevant. A lot of people have spoken to counselors , without having any kind of mental health diagnosis involved.

Sorry if this is a silly question.

If CW decided he wanted to tell the truth and not go through a jury trial, would his defense team encourage him to rather go through trial and be found guilty or innocent by jury?

Does a defense team ever advise a client to plead guilty and avoid a jury trial (in a possible DP case) because the case is so riddled with the defendant's guilt that its pointless going to trial and will just incur more pain and suffering?
Great questions. I would love to know too.

I think if you take your two dead daughters and dump them in oil tanks, then bury your wife nearby, then go on the news begging everybody to help find them, then lie to the police about having an affair, and then it comes out that you are a big fat liar, you should get yourself psyched out for your high profile trial that will be plastered all over the news, and everybody is going to hear about it. I also think any potential juror who walks into court, who says they don’t know a thing about the case is probably lying.
Great describing.

I think if it was a major issue, we would have heard about it by now.

If it was something like marriage counseling or help dealing with a debilitating illness, it might not be that relevant. A lot of people have spoken to counselors , without having any kind of mental health diagnosis involved.
So many people who knew Shan’ann dearly loved her. When they speak of her they use words like inspirational, positive force, caring, my hero, loving, hardworking. Many even called her a leader. It’s beyond me how some people, who never met her, can watch a few videos she posted on Facebook, and come to the conclusion that she suffered from mental illness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE