Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #38

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question for our attorneys here, again thanks all for being here and answering questions.

Just wondering, has it ever been advised that a suspect DO talk to the media, say in a case where public opinion is low of the defendant and they know they’re going to lose so maybe they’re like “wth let’s have him talk and see if he can maybe try to redeem himself in the public’s eye with his charm and good looks?”. Hope I can explain this clearly, what I mean is CW has already been confirmed as being a liar. But if the defense was so desperate and saw his client as maybe being able to sway public opinion before the trial, especially if he already had some defenders...gah this is not making sense sorry. I guess what I’m asking is in a case like this, has an attorney ever advised a client to comment publicly or do media interviews before a trial? Tia.

(ETA: Sorry I’m not explaining myself well. This post makes little sense as I read it back.)

Last edited:
I think the original post wasn't meant to suggest that he had no friends at all, just that he had very few people that were close friends, and not many long term relationships which combined with all the comments that we have seen about him being quiet, not social, not dating in high school etc , can indicate he may have had trouble with relationships, or connecting with others. These are all just facts that support that assumption. At this time that is all we have to go by. It does seem that he improved over time and maybe his relationship with SW helped him overcome the shyness or insecurity he had. She was always making an effort to compliment him, more so than I have seen most spouses do. She may have had a reason for doing that. Imo

He wasn’t so shy that he did not have multiple affairs according to some things I have read on here. That does not seem shy to me or introverted.

Thank you to @Gardenista for posting Shanann's blog last thread. I had not seen it before. I noticed Chris commented on some of her blog posts:
Journey of Bella Marie: Bella Marie at 16 weeks

I can't figure out if he was really in love with his wife and children or if he said sweet things like that because he was parroting what he thought a loving father would say. I'm leaning towards the latter-- Something just doesn't ring true to me about these words he wrote. They seem too perfect. But maybe I'm biased by the glaring fact that he took this baby he was eager to hold for the first time and shoved her little body into a crude oil tank only 5 years later. :(

Well that was the saddest thing I've ever looked through.

Side note - one of her posts shows that they bought $1200 of toys for Bella for only $200 at a consignment shop.

A CONSIGNMENT SHOP.

So much for all her overspending on designer things. :rolleyes:

He wasn’t so shy that he did not have multiple affairs according to some things I have read on here. That does not seem shy to me or introverted.

I can see from that perspective. Another angle is that he clearly was able to solidify a relationship with SW after meeting in 2010. I don't think it so much has to do with being shy or outgoing. I believe that CW was able to set his sights on a goal that he believed would fill a need in his life. He set his eyes on SW, and felt that her being in his life fulfilled some type of need. He didn't have to be shy or outgoing to do that. He just needed to be calculating. Jmo

Last edited:
Do you have a link for that? Or is this pure speculation?

I don't believe there are any mainstream media outlets that stated family and friends are staying quiet. However, it is logical to assume, that if no one is talking they have been asked to stop saying anything in a public way. This happens in almost every high profile case. Websleuths VI's will be here one day and gone the next.

Please understand I have absolutely no inside information on this topic. Just offering my experience in these type of situations over the years.

I believe they said they were silent on areas that LE has told them to not discuss (Thayers, NUA). On other areas, they have said what they thought and they likely do not have more to add at this time, IMO.

I don’t know if it was on WS, but people were attacking NUA for reporting to LE. Maybe it was in comments of news articles. It was ludicrous. Who wants to subjugate to that?

Well that was the saddest thing I've ever looked through.

Side note - one of her posts shows that they bought $1200 of toys for Bella for only $200 at a consignment shop.

A CONSIGNMENT SHOP.

So much for all her overspending on designer things. :rolleyes:
And Shanann's grandmother gave her that beautiful glider as a gift.
MOO

And after, what, 8 years of being together (with 6 of those years being married), that's an incredibly long time for someone to being "faking it" and putting on a front to please others. I don't know if this was the case, but if it was, SW's increasing success with Thrive in the year leading up to the murders was probably the straw that broke the camel's back. AKA, mask completely unhinged. Jmo
No, I don't really think it's a long time to build up. It's not an all in or all out game, just that one person who loses their personality in that of a stronger person may eventually blow up, or better yet: leave. When I said faking it, I didn't mean sexually, I just meant being submissive to the dominant partner's every whim year after year and going along with it as though it was your own preference. I agree her financial success may have been the final straw, she was clearly a go getter, while he was out looking around on the side for getting shored up.

I don't think I've ever been on the fence in this case, but my shoulder has brushed against it a time or two. The problem is that even if you believe everything he says is true, his actions are still horrendous and inexcusable.

Thank you for posting, and I can see your position in that if CW doesn't have friends, perhaps it's simply because he didn't have the energy to keep up with friends. Perhaps he found comfort in being alone. It makes sense to me.

Either way, I'd like to think there was at least one person in CW's life to whom he confided. You'd think there would be that somebody. Hopefully we find out more soon, but as of right now, information seems to be limited regarding CW's network of people. Jmo

(My ex that was seeing another woman did confide in one person only, a male friend at work.)

Not defending CW in the least, most of you know how I feel about him, but his friends/family are probably just being quiet. What are they going to say? He is a great guy except for murdering his family. What can they say? Whatever they say that is nice about CW will be crucified by the masses. It does not mean he does not have people that are supporting him - maybe emotionally. He was probably friends with the AF before it advanced to the next level.

Had to voice my opinion, back to work.

If CW saw Shannan “actively strangling” his little girls, then he likely had time to call 911 and at least try to resuscitate them imo.

This will be a big factor and elephant in the room at trial I think so maybe he will claim he tried to resuscitate them both.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member