Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #38

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's already been proven guilty of killing SW and the unborn baby, Nico. Proven by his own confession. He's already been proven guilty of obstruction of justice. Proven by his own confession. He is NOT innocent of those crimes. Now we have, what I believe, is a preponderance of evidence, that leads me to believe he's guilty of also killing his daughters. Logic and common sense also leads me to conclude he's guilty. Anyway, because of his own confessions, we're really not discussing his guilt, that's been established, it's the depth and degree that remains to be proven. IMHO it will be forcefully proven, with no doubts.

Has every person who confessed to a crime been convicted of said crime?

The discussion wasn't about conviction, it was about "innocent until proven guilty" and he confessed to several crimes, including killing. So, he's guilty.

The first post literally says, "proven guilty." How is it "proven" if not in court? He confessed, but that doesn't "prove" him guilty. The court of public opinion doesn't "prove" a person guilty.

If you are a neighbor who knew him socially, at this time, would you be going on National Television telling everybody that he seem to be a nice guy, telling them what you knew about seeing the family in the yard and interacting with them, and interjecting things about how it was normal if that is what you saw?

I, myself, would not. And I don't think it unexpected that others would not either.

To those that are posting here , I pose the question, are you are the type of person that would go on National media? and expect others to? If you were in the situation where this was unexpected, you had nothing to offer for the media other than saying it was unexpected and he was a nice guy or an introverted guy or whatever information that wasn't perhaps relevant to the investigation. And if it was relevant to the investigation, would you be talking?
I would be talking if I thought CW was telling the truth. I would want his side presented to the public, from which his jury pool will be pulled. This is also usually a defense strategy - to have the defendant represented in the public eye so to mitigate MSM coverage that depicts CW as likely guilty of all crimes.

I'm not following this train of thought that you are saying it's not happening here that he was wrongly accused.

Minimally, The situation does exist in this case as He admitted to killing his wife and son.
Yeah, but some do believe that C.W. flew into rage upon discovering his dead children, and with great passion strangled SW. If he can convince a jury that this is exactly what happened, he’ll spend much less time in jail. I would expect family and loved ones to step forward and help him out, and they’re not. But apparently, you don’t agree.

Legally he has not been convicted in an actual courtroom, so imo it's smart to cya if you're media.
Dont quote me again. :)

Lol. Me and Flourish have a pm bond where as this (DONT QUOTE ME) is our thing.

So no worries all. Because me and Flourish understand the post I made. :)

Attachments

• Y7BlbK5.png
    Y7BlbK5.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 0
Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t most give interviews immediately after the arrest or shortly thereafter. I thought most have been silent since.

And I did note the ones that are most involved in the case, said they had the approval of her family to go on mainstream media.

IMO him being treated as innocent until proven guilty by jury would be of honest concern for me as anyone that knew SW, I would want to make sure if he is guilty than nothing could be tainted or thrown out, if he didn't do it I would feel those same measures important IMO
Yes, and since the current public perception is overwhelmingly that he is guilty of all charges, wouldn't you want his side of the story to be backed up in the public eye?

I have no agenda except justice. Moo the claims by others seem weak as to even Ab has not interviewed him since his suspicious dropped call interview. IMO her character will be questioned as to some level during the trial. IMO it is hard to find a balance as to looking into things done find questionable or odd and others not assume Victim shaming . I don't believe anyone believes SW regardless of whatever character flaws she may or may not have is to blame for her death. Cw has accused her so it will be examined if probable she killed the girls IMO. If one believes she may have had motive or capability of strangling the girls then that is not IMO an agenda it is an exploration to see if it is relative.
Accused by her murderer does not hold any weight for me. A man who lied and lied to the world has no credibility in my eyes and obviously LE's eyes.

If there were killed in the house it seems odd to me that the family was allowed in to remove items from the home. However I guess shows they have gathered what they needed

It’s my opinion (MOO) and our trial lawyer @Amandaaa has agreed that in her professional opinion, they’d be advised to stay quiet at this time to protect the investigation.
I believe the defense strategy in a high profile murder case is usually to have credible people come forward in the public eye to defend their client when the public sentiment and MSM is overwhelmingly showing guilt on the part of their client. However, this is a unique case in that to defend their client, people would have to come forward and defend a man who by his own admission is guilty of heinous crimes/felonies. That is a very difficult position to defend.

I’m not arguing the fact that Shannan had friends.
I was addressing the post that said Chris had no friends.
Thank you.
I think the original post wasn't meant to suggest that he had no friends at all, just that he had very few people that were close friends, and not many long term relationships which combined with all the comments that we have seen about him being quiet, not social, not dating in high school etc , can indicate he may have had trouble with relationships, or connecting with others. These are all just facts that support that assumption. At this time that is all we have to go by. It does seem that he improved over time and maybe his relationship with SW helped him overcome the shyness or insecurity he had. She was always making an effort to compliment him, more so than I have seen most spouses do. She may have had a reason for doing that. Imo

I believe he told the police, who called him once they arrived, that he was just 5 minutes away as they asked for the code to enter the garage. He apparently was already on the way having been told by NAU that she was calling the police. Then the police arrived before him.

He must have been crapping his pants...Foiled by NUA!! Clap!

I don’t know what to think. Everybody keeps saying how great his public defenders are, but it looks to me like they’re losing almost every motion they file. Truth be told, I am leaning toward a plea deal or a suicide. I think C.W. was sloppy, and the DA has much more evidence than we know about.
I think his PD has done a good job defending him so far and is going to fight tooth and nail. Whether they win those motions or not, they're going to try. I don't think he'll take a plea deal unless the prosecution goes with the DP, and I also agree there's a good chance he will attempt suicide. As you know, it is very common for family annihilators. I hope not. That happened in the LH case and his family was denied justice.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; the DA has sooooooo much more and is light years ahead of us!

MOO

Last edited:
Dont quote me again. :)

Lol. Me and Flourish have a pm bond where as this (DONT QUOTE ME) is our thing.

So no worries all. Because me and Flourish understand the post I made. :)
You're difficult to stay mad at.

But yeah I'm assuming the "allegedly" stems more from fear of lawsuits rather than actually thinking he's not guilty.
:)

That is a good point, but weren't those things that were pointed out true, for the most part?
MOO

Yes, but most people only knew them as rumors for a long time. And people were looked down upon if they besmirched his name. hMost of that was because there was no internet back then so it probably would have been confirmed much sooner (similar to how FDR was able to hide the extent of his polio for so long). My point being, people questioning shannans videos (okay not the crazy people calling her all sorts of names and saying they’re glad she’s dead—yes they are speaking ill of the dead) are not all speaking ill of the dead and are disrespecting her. They are just questioning their relationship and what impact it had on CW’s actions. Ultimately he is responsible for his behavior but as true in life no decision is ever made in a vacuum. IMO

IMO him being treated as innocent until proven guilty by jury would be of honest concern for me as anyone that knew SW, I would want to make sure if he is guilty than nothing could be tainted or thrown out, if he didn't do it I would feel those same measures important IMO
<modsnip - personalized> His confession alone proves he's not innocent. He came out of the gate guilty of murder, tampering with evidence and lying to LE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning -

Last night, I had a number of questions posed to me. Unfortunately, I just can’t keep up with these threads, and could not review the background information (posts back and forth) leading to the ultimate question.

I did my best to try to provide some information quickly, and it appears that some people thought I was not answering correctly. I apologize if my answers did not fully reflect the actual issue being discussed, but without reviewing the evolution of the discussion, the true nature of the question can sometimes be difficult to ascertain.

I truly enjoy reading the posts on this forum, and plan to check in as time permits. Unfortunately, the demands of my professional and personal life just don’t allow me to stay current. You guys move way too fast! :)

I will be more than happy to help whenever possible. If there are any questions, let me know - either by post or by PM. It would be super helpful to have the chain of quotes going back to the original, so I can be as accurate as possible. Also, please keep me posted of any new/exciting developments.

Thank you :)

Although I get a lot fewer questions than the verified attorneys, I’m echoing this—I try to keep up with the threads, but having trouble doing it with everything else I have going on. Like Amandaaa said, if there are questions I can help with, tag or PM me and I’ll get to them as soon as I can!

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t most give interviews immediately after the arrest or shortly thereafter. I thought most have been silent since.
I believe they said they were silent on areas that LE has told them to not discuss (Thayers, NUA). On other areas, they have said what they thought and they likely do not have more to add at this time, IMO.

I don't see anything wrong with that. The problem is that sometimes people close to someone are so willing to hide their inner feelings, and to gain acceptance from someone more outgoing, doing everything the other person wants, being everything the other person wants them to be, eventually they snap from all of that "faking it".

That I agree with!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member