Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #38

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right. CW would have been a cornered animal and dangerous! And NUA probably knows quite a bit of the truth. It could have been worse.
That is why, IMHO, CW cannot be allowed out in society. He would kill anyone who he perceived got in his way. Or for any reason. It's frightening that there are people without consciences running around loose.

IMO him being treated as innocent until proven guilty by jury would be of honest concern for me as anyone that knew SW, I would want to make sure if he is guilty than nothing could be tainted or thrown out, if he didn't do it I would feel those same measures important IMO
But he’s not innocent. He’s already admitted to two murders and tampering with 3 bodies.

IMO him being treated as innocent until proven guilty by jury would be of honest concern for me as anyone that knew SW, I would want to make sure if he is guilty than nothing could be tainted or thrown out, if he didn't do it I would feel those same measures important IMO

He IS guilty. He confessed to killing his pregnant wife.

You may be right, but I think it’s human nature to speak up on behalf your friend when you believe he is being wrongly accused. Not happening here. I find that to be unusual.

We can agree to disagree, but in my opinion this is literally a life-or-death situation & I would think those who are close to CW would do as they have been advised in order to protect the investigation.

IMO it seems stated as an opinion so no link required, I agree bc aren't friends and co-workers testimony usually relevant during trials? I would also think IMO that is why we have no longer heard from people currently in sw life as well. Perhaps that is evidenced by a old teacher interview of sw by AB. moo
BBM
???
We're hearing from our VI, Colorado right here, today, and she was in Shanann's life right up until CW murdered her.
MOO

I’m sure that’s true, but there have to be friends and acquaintances who knew CW with no information relevant to the case who can come forward. And I guess there have been, like the guy at the auto dealership, but he didn’t really know CW. It’s looking to me like C.W. is the kind of guy who likes to keep his business to himself. Enjoys his own company.

If you are a neighbor who knew him socially, at this time, would you be going on National Television telling everybody that he seem to be a nice guy, telling them what you knew about seeing the family in the yard and interacting with them, and interjecting things about how it was normal if that is what you saw?

I, myself, would not. And I don't think it unexpected that others would not either.

To those that are posting here , I pose the question, are you are the type of person that would go on National media? and expect others to? If you were in the situation where this was unexpected, you had nothing to offer for the media other than saying it was unexpected and he was a nice guy or an introverted guy or whatever information that wasn't perhaps relevant to the investigation. And if it was relevant to the investigation, would you be talking?

Do you have a link for that? Or is this pure speculation?

We have no evidence of this unless you can share it.

I believe the poster is indicating it is their opinion? And it is entirely possible......my question is who is advising them not to?
Is it the Prosecution, the Defense, LE, one another? Why has there been no public request for any of them to refrain from supporting him? How many are there? Are they on the witness list? Do they have current relationships with both CW and SW? Why would they be fearful of backlash for showing their support if they have evidence of his innocence? Just trying to understand the theory.......o_O

BBM
I agree, and although I would like to think that most people were taught to show respect for the dead (especially innocent victims who have been murdered and are not here to defend themselves), unfortunately as we've seen in this case, not everyone places value on that kind of respect.

But what I was pointing out was that the love and admiration for Shanann Watts was present prior to CW murdering her, her unborn child and their two baby girls. It did not just surface after she was murdered.
MOO

I have no idea how to BBM but this in reference to show respect for the dead.. I said already I think he did it. But here’s an example. John F Kennedy. President. Murdered. And for how many years (until recently) he was put on a pedestal and revered when in reality he was “seeing” every lady that came his way. Now that’s no where and not even close in any universe what people who scrutinize her facebook posts think shannan did or was, but should people not point out Kennedy’s flaws just because he was assasinated (and no he did t deserve that either) because we can’t speak I’ll of the dead and he can’t defend himself.

And yes shannan had the love and admiration of everyone it seems. Personally imo she has one of those polarizing personalities, love it or hate it. No in between

If you are a neighbor who knew him socially, at this time, would you be going on National Television telling everybody that he seem to be a nice guy, telling them what you knew about seeing the family in the yard and interacting with them, and interjecting things about how it was normal if that is what you saw?

I, myself, would not. And I don't think it unexpected that others would not either.

To those that are posting here , I pose the question, are you are the type of person that would go on National media? and expect others to? If you were in the situation where this was unexpected, you had nothing to offer for the media other than saying it was unexpected and he was a nice guy or an introverted guy or whatever information that wasn't perhaps relevant to the investigation. And if it was relevant to the investigation, would you be talking?
You say that, but in every other murder I’ve followed there have been friends and neighbors who did come forward.

He's already been proven guilty of killing SW and the unborn baby, Nico. Proven by his own confession. He's already been proven guilty of obstruction of justice. Proven by his own confession. He is NOT innocent of those crimes. Now we have, what I believe, is a preponderance of evidence, that leads me to believe he's guilty of also killing his daughters. Logic and common sense also leads me to conclude he's guilty. Anyway, because of his own confessions, we're really not discussing his guilt, that's been established, it's the depth and degree that remains to be proven. IMHO it will be forcefully proven, with no doubts.

I’m sure that’s true, but there have to be friends and acquaintances who knew CW with no information relevant to the case who can come forward. And I guess there have been, like the guy at the auto dealership, but he didn’t really know CW. It’s looking to me like C.W. is the kind of guy who likes to keep his business to himself. Enjoys his own company.
Well, there was TB, but I can't remember now though, if his interview on AB was before or after he was questioned by the FBI.
Man who claims affair with accused family killer Chris Watts says Colorado dad gave him money, claimed pregnant wife Shanann Watts was ‘abusive’: EXCLUSIVE

Yes, but no more hearsay than all of the stuff that has been said about SW to assassinate her character and show that she was capable of murder. There have been claims by others that they had affairs with him, no people have come forward to say anything substantial about the claims that SW was a liar and faked her illnesses other than people doing it to fit their own agenda.

I wasn’t replying regarding other peoples’ claims on shannan, just regarding the number of alleged affairs by CW

Ok I’m normally a lurker but have to post. When would he have had time for friends? Have you never known someone who was dominated in a relationship? The outgoing extroverted one is always planning my activities and always on the go. He wants to stay after work and get a beer? No expected home to watch the kids or go to mutual friends for dinner. Go on vacations by himself? How? When? It takes continual effort to keep close friends, and much harder if you are introverted. And once kids come along, so much harder and so much effort. Again read about introversion, whereas extroverts derive energy from other people, introverts find it very tiring to socialize. If you’re working all day and taking care of house and helping with kids and socializing with mutual frIends and you’re introverted, who wants to do more than that?

Again, all my opinion.

Thank you for posting, and I can see your position in that if CW doesn't have friends, perhaps it's simply because he didn't have the energy to keep up with friends. Perhaps he found comfort in being alone. It makes sense to me.

Either way, I'd like to think there was at least one person in CW's life to whom he confided. You'd think there would be that somebody. Hopefully we find out more soon, but as of right now, information seems to be limited regarding CW's network of people. Jmo

My partner has a few male friends he tells everything too and who reveal everything to him regarding the status of relationships etc....Men might not do it as often as women, but most normal men do discuss personal things with their “close friends” and it seems that nobody really knew Chris Watts, and they definitely didn’t know what he was capable of in their wildest dreams.

That’s just your experience though. Not all men do

You may be right, but I think it’s human nature to speak up on behalf your friend when you believe he is being wrongly accused. Not happening here. I find that to be unusual.
I do too; mainly because people are using the reasoning that the friends may be called as witnesses at trial. Soooooo, do we not think that some of Shanann's friends are going to be witnesses at trial? Because NUA, JL and the Thayer's have given interviews...
MOO

I'm not following this train of thought that you are saying it's not happening here that he was wrongly accused.

Minimally, The situation does exist in this case as He admitted to killing his wife and son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734