Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what does that mean? The dominant partner is a relationship is a murderer. There is nothing wrong with being the dominant partner. Most marriages that I know have a dominant partner and just in my experience more of them are women than men.
There are far more sensible ways to leave a dominating relationship than murder. No excuses. None.

So, what does that mean? The dominant partner is a relationship is a murderer. There is nothing wrong with being the dominant partner. Most marriages that I know have a dominant partner and just in my experience more of them are women than men.

I was only responding to the following post, so just to clarify not linking it for any other purpose than to refute the part BBM:

I have seen so many men that are only attracted to dominating women. Same for women. It's what they want in their life. The ones I know grew up with dominating mothers. It isn't right or wrong it is just what they are attracted to.

I don't see SW as being THAT dominating. Certainly not enough to be killed for it. I suspect she was in charge of much of their life simply because he wouldn't be. Not sure why a confident assertive woman equals dominating witch in some people's opinions.

I don't think he "snapped" I think he planned it the whole time she was gone. In my opinion; I think he felt pressured to get it done as school was going to start.

She may have been the dominant one, but I am not sure that it means what some people insinuate that it means.
Totally agree.... maybe poor choice of wording on SW part.... but in context of the conversation she was having in that video, I took it more as she was the more pro active, encouraging one, motivating one!

Who are his friends? Not persons labeled as "friends" by media, put people who have referred to themselves as his friend.
I'm sure he has plenty of acquaintances, and I don't think anyone has suggested he had no friends. I guess it depends on how people define friend. The way I interpreted the post was that by all accounts, he did not seem to have the kind of friends you socialize with on a regular basis, confide in, or stay in touch with. Thats where the confusion lies, I think! Although I don't mean to speak for anyone else, that's just how I took it.... jmo

Layla, I don't have evidence that I can post here to prove that CW has friends per TOS.
The post I was responding to said, "I recall reading a prior post that pointed out CW didn't have many close relationships with women or men."
This is not a fact. I responded because when one piece of misinformation is posted, it is like the game of Telephone. It morphs as it spreads and it becomes something else entirely.
The original VI post stated that CW did not have many serious relationships prior to SW. This morphed into "he's never had a girlfriend."
Several interviews with past classmates and a teacher referenced the fact that he was an introvert. Being introverted has morphed into "he's socially awkward" or "anti-social."
If you don't understand introversion, you might get the mistaken idea that introverts are antisocial or reclusive.
Here's a good article on introversion.
There’s More to Introversion than You Might Think

MOO

Great article, thanks from introverted me...;)

I have the same reaction when I see a headline that says, "Man pleads..." Give me a break. :rolleyes: I see a man who may be slightly nervous in front of a camera, saying what he thought were the right words to say in that situation but with zero emotion. No grief at all. There was no "pleading"...just empty words.

MOO
I agree whole heartedly Pommy.
The nervous in front of a camera, lol. He sure got nervous when the dogs started barking! I noticed his eyes diverted (with a big gulp) toward them barking, perhaps where he parked his truck 'down the street'.
MOO

This case is making me lose my faith in humanity like no other case I've followed and it just started. We've got a long way to go until this goes to trial.

ETA: Adding that this is just a general statement, it has nothing to do with what we are currently discussing on this board right now.

I was only responding to the following post, so just to clarify not linking it for any other purpose than to refute the part BBM:

I think you may have missed the last part of the bold, which is the "witch" part. Not just dominating, but that others may have insinuated "dominating witch," is how I read it. BBM Jmo
I have seen so many men that are only attracted to dominating women. Same for women. It's what they want in their life. The ones I know grew up with dominating mothers. It isn't right or wrong it is just what they are attracted to.

I don't see SW as being THAT dominating. Certainly not enough to be killed for it. I suspect she was in charge of much of their life simply because he wouldn't be. Not sure why a confident assertive woman equals dominating witch in some people's opinions.

I don't think he "snapped" I think he planned it the whole time she was gone. In my opinion; I think he felt pressured to get it done as school was going to start.

I think you may have missed the last part of the bold, which is the "witch" part. Not just dominating, but that others may have insinuated "dominating witch," is how I read it. BBM Jmo
By all means if you can find me a quote where someone has said "dominating witch" then I will revise my response to the original post.

I'm sure he has plenty of acquaintances, and I don't think anyone has suggested he had no friends. I guess it depends on how people define friend. The way I interpreted the post was that by all accounts, he did not seem to have the kind of friends you socialize with on a regular basis, confide in, or stay in touch with. Thats where the confusion lies, I think! Although I don't mean to speak for anyone else, that's just how I took it.... jmo

I agree. I’m not wondering about football watching or casual beer buddies. I am curious about his ride or die friends. Does he have any or were SW and his family it for him? I do understand that this situation is so bonkers people may not want to come forward so I guess we will see when the trial comes. Jmo.

"Why did Lindstrom's good friend, Chris, allegedly murder his entire family?" BBM
Chris Watts case: Friend 'dumbfounded' that Watts allegedly confessed to murdering family

And Lindstrom says we may never know, exactly.

"It's just horrible,” he said. “Why do people do this? Why does it come down to this? There had to have been an easier route."

Thank you for posting all of the articles. I have re-read each of them, and appreciate the time you took to look them up. It appears that each of the individuals that made public statements (other than the high-school friends who recalled behaviors/conversations from years earlier), may not necessarily still support him? (My personal conclusion- nothing more).

Regardless; there were people who, at one time, thought he was a great family man. It must be terribly confusing to have someone you know (or thought you knew) arrested for murder. My heart goes out to all who knew them both. I just really wish, like Mr. Lindstrom stated, that a different route was taken.

I agree. I’m not wondering about football watching or casual beer buddies. I am curious about his ride or die friends. Does he have any or were SW and his family it for him? I do understand that this situation is so bonkers people may not want to come forward so I guess we will see when the trial comes. Jmo.
It's not uncommon for the less outgoing one of the couple to give up friends in exchange for "their" friends.

LOL as to football..... I am a die hard Eagles/Phillies fan, M is a die hard Seattle/Mariners fan... our kids from separate marriages have thier own teams.. our pups share in the spirit of all teams! Shanann seemed to embrace CW Steelers/Yankees... I don’t see any dominate attitude there from her (and good for her!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nat Dru