Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #38

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SW seemed to be a very organized person. Very orderly. Extremely scheduled. Clean.

Some might describe her as Type A or a perfectionist.

Exceedingly positive on social media.

I get the sense that rubs some people who didn't know her, the wrong way.

I wonder about her friends. Were they all like her? Did her personality ever bother them?

I also think many of us feel like we may not have been friends with SW in real life. Not because she comes across negatively but just because our personalities are so different.

I wonder what her circle of friends was like and how they view her.

@Colorado303, @isalybra, can ya'll give us some feedback?

Interesting question! I know what you mean about some people feeling like they probably wouldn’t be friends w/Shanann. I’m not organized, my house is lived in/messy and the thought of posting a video of myself anywhere is horrifying. Nothing like Shanann at all. When I first met her I didn’t think we’d have much to say since we had nothing in common. Never expected to actually like her.

I tell you what—that girl grew on me something fierce. She didn’t care I was nothing like her— not one bit. She was just interested in getting to know me. I’ve heard the expression “didn’t have a judgmental bone in her body” before but never met anyone who personified it as much as Shanann. She was genuinely interested in everyone and a champion of their dreams big and small.

The last time I saw her I remember driving away thinking how much brighter my day was after talking to her, and impressed at how genuinely excited she was for one of our friends who just found out about a personal success.

At her Celebration of Life service, I was struck by the huge range of friends that were there. Rich, poor, polished, shlumpy, young,old, Moms, single people — she didn’t gravitate to a type. She gravitated to people, period. And kids. She loved kids.

Since she supported everyone around her it’s particularly distressing to see total strangers judge her without knowing her at all. Had they had the chance to know her for a bit, I think she might have grown on some of them too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think he wanted to end his life without leaving the home or killing himself? Like he just felt totally stuck and saw no way out, and knew deep down he’d be caught and just figured...whatever. Like, just self destruct himself?

The accusation from CW that SW killed her babies is never going to fly. The admission that he killed SW and Nico will fly, but not for the reason he stated. He killed them all because he wanted them all gone from his life. Period. Whatever led him to being able to follow thru with murdering all of them, one by one is incredulous.
Has it ever been discussed if CW was doing drugs? Could he have been doing drugs while SW and the girls were in NC? Maybe some sort of stimulants?

I don't know about drugs but he managed to become very ripped and muscular with low body fat.

In former photos he is mildly obese, flabby and his hips are quite wide for a man.

Obese men may have more estrogen which gives them male breasts. In order to get into the shape CW is in now compared to what he was, it takes extremely hard work and dedication. I doubt the Thrive patch is what gave him his new, buff physique.

Maybe CW's testosterone was higher from supplements and maybe it also made him more aggressive.
MOO, just speculating and throwing it out there.

Unfortunately I don't have the link to the post, but it was on the thread that a neighbor said that CW had told SW on the phone that she could not speak to the kids. (While she was in Arizona) (I would guess that might have come from NUA canvassing the neighborhood before CW showed up on Monday IMO). But, as you mention, he might not even have been home then, the kids could have been dead, he could have gone to visit the AP if she, maybe, had said it's all over. Or he could have gone to dump them. He could have been monitoring the flight times on his phone, to get back before she did, ready to ambush her. Maybe full of rage not because of something SW said, but because of the AP dumping him, his killing the kids in rage, all of it coming together when she walked in the door. (IMO, possible theory).

I see nothing interesting in that NUA did not come in. He could have told SW he was really tired, and anyone would assume the spouse would be, having to get up in a few hours.

OK now you've made me think again. So it depends on where the truck was, if it had been parked beyond cameras. And the tale of the GPS.

I agree with your post, NuttMegg.
I have had similar thoughts, after he confessed.
Where was CW after the birthday party, and where were his kids?
We know about the barbecue: was this just a decoy, that neighbours would place him being home!
Where was his truck?:D
He could have used SW's car for travels.
But as SW's car was in the garage when found, had he placed it there after his journeys.

Couple of questions regarding CW grilling in the back yard.

If they had been at a birthday party, would the girls have been hungry earlier?

A lot of parents, myself included, will cook one thing, like steaks for the adults, and burgers or hot dogs for the kids. Why wouldn't he do that?

Since they had spent so little time with their Dad over the last 6-7 weeks, would they have been lying quietly upstairs or trying to be with him?

It was back to work the next day for him and school starting for Bella, wouldn't he want to spend time with them when he had the chance?

Do you think he wanted to end his life without leaving the home or killing himself? Like he just felt totally stuck and saw no way out, and knew deep down he’d be caught and just figured...whatever. Like, just self destruct himself?
IMO I don't think CW ever considered killing himself. I think his motivation was purely selfish. He wanted his freedom and was determined to get it no matter the cost. MOO.

They are incredibly relevant. It was after this last conversation, that CW issued his partial confession. What happened during that conversation, can offer clarity here.

But no, we shouldn’t accuse him of anything, or speculate about what he may have said. In the courtroom however, that may be a different matter.

Yes, the Court room will clear these conversations, I would think. MOO.

I'm more inclined to think he just wanted a do-over. A new life without the responsibilities and "burden" of a wife and three children. The freedom to be with the AP or whoever he wanted. Power.freedom.control.
MOO

We haven't seen anyone in authority validate his claims as yet. He asserts that AB and LE have seen his texts from CW( which he further states SW found on 4th July) and that he handed towels which contained CW's DNA to LE. All of those claims can easily be proved I suppose, so we shall see. Curious to know why you would save soiled towels unless blackmail is your thing...

Ew, or unless you don't do laundry often enough. :confused::eek:

I agree with your post, NuttMegg.
I have had similar thoughts, after he confessed.
Where was CW after the birthday party, and where were his kids?
We know about the barbecue: was this just a decoy, that neighbours would place him being home!
Where was his truck?:D
He could have used SW's car for travels.
But as SW's car was in the garage when found, had he placed it there after his journeys.
I think we have a deafening silence regarding the movement of the truck and her vehicle before that 5:30 (roughly) on Monday morning, firm sighting by neighbor & camera. Except that no other vehicle was seen except NUAs at 1:48 (roughly, I don't remember the exact minute). LE is withholding from us!!

True, but the neighbor said it stood out to her that she didn't hear the children. I would think it unusual for children that age to prefer to stay inside while their daddy's outside cooking on the grill. I think they were asleep or he had killed them already. I hope the autopsy will show approximate time of death. Jmo
Or in my style of parenting I would not want them inside unsupervised while I was outside, same idea. God Forbid they were already murdered and he was out there faking it like he did leaving for work on time and then in the tv interviews.

SW seemed to be a very organized person. Very orderly. Extremely scheduled. Clean.

Some might describe her as Type A or a perfectionist.

Exceedingly positive on social media.

I get the sense that rubs some people who didn't know her, the wrong way.

I wonder about her friends. Were they all like her? Did her personality ever bother them?

I also think many of us feel like we may not have been friends with SW in real life. Not because she comes across negatively but just because our personalities are so different.

I wonder what her circle of friends was like and how they view her.

@Colorado303, @isalybra, can ya'll give us some feedback?
Interesting question! I know what you mean about some people feeling like they probably wouldn’t be friends w/Shanann. I’m not organized, my house is lived in/messy and the thought of posting a video of myself anywhere is horrifying. Nothing like Shanann at all. When I first met her I didn’t think we’d have much to say since we had nothing in common. Never expected to actually like her.

I tell you what—that girl grew on me something fierce. She didn’t care I was nothing like her— not one bit. She was just interested in getting to know me. I’ve heard the expression “didn’t have a judgmental bone in her body” before but never met anyone who personified it as much as Shanann. She was genuinely interested in everyone and a champion of their dreams big and small.

The last time I saw her I remember driving away thinking how much brighter my day was after talking to her, and impressed at how genuinely excited she was for one of our friends who just found out about a personal success.

At her Celebration of Life service, I was struck by the huge range of friends that were there. Rich, poor, polished, shlumpy, young,old, Moms, single people — she didn’t gravitate to a type. She gravitated to people, period. And kids. She loved kids.

Since she supported everyone around her it’s particularly distressing to see total strangers judge her without knowing her at all. Had they had the chance to know her for a bit, I think she might have grown on some of them too.

(apologize for the duplicate post— embedded it in a quote last time and couldn’t do it again if I tried)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member