Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many reputable media outlets do pay some talking head experts an 'honorarium' to compensate them for their time and for expenses in travelling to the studio, etc. It is usually not a large sum of money, i.e. not designed to be seen as an incentive. Many do not pay their guests at all, particularly smaller outlets. As you say, it depends.
But that would be for TV time; reputable newspapers do not pay their interview subjects.
Yes. Many times networks hire them as “consultants” in order to bypass any accusations of impropriety. It’s standard practice.

It really wouldn't matter if SW made Green eggs and ham for dinner every night. Or any other possible explanation/justification for CW to kill her. And their children.

He needs to be put away from society, because if something someone says or does creates this type of response, he is unstable. No one would be safe.

It really wouldn't matter if SW made Green eggs and ham for dinner every night. Or any other possible explanation/justification for CW to kill her. And their children.

He needs to be put away from society, because if something someone says or does creates this type of response, he is unstable. No one would be safe.
Exactly. There are many possible motives here, and it is likely that there were a combination of factors that played into the actions of CW.

Focusing on specific aspects of a sole motive (financial for instance), really doesn’t get us anywhere.

Only he can answer that question. And he’s not exactly a reliable source.

Maybe we’ll get some answers when/if there is a trial.

Thanks for the post.

SW has been criticized for supposedly not being good with money, for overspending, etc. yet now we have a man stating that CW spent a lot of money on him-money for lip injections and makeup, among other things. IF there was financial irresponsibility then IMO it wasn't one sided at all. Though SW did appear to like "nice" things (her clothing and furnishings were beautiful) she also appeared to shop at consignment shops and box stores like Target.

That's what I thought when I read about the alleged Sephora shopping. :eek:

I'm a bit confused and I hope someone can clarify: has the alleged male AP been verified as a legit AP or is he a scammer looking for fame? MOO

That's what I thought when I read about the alleged Sephora shopping. :eek:

I'm a bit confused and I hope someone can clarify: has the alleged male AP been verified as a legit AP or is he a scammer looking for fame? MOO
He should be treated with a great deal of skepticism until we learn differently. Lots of shady people tend to come out of the woodwork in a high profile case like this.

If CW saw Shannan “actively strangling” his little girls, then he likely had time to call 911 and at least try to resuscitate them imo.

This will be a big factor and elephant in the room at trial I think so maybe he will claim he tried to resuscitate them both.
Or if he was certain they were dead, maybe call 911 and request the police. His story stinks. I also feel like most here; a parent who witnessed their child’s death does not instantly accept it. There would be shock, panic, extraordinary measures to try to revive the child. Not “oh well, let me think of a good hiding place.” I also don’t believe any typical parent would immediately worry about being blamed or tarnishing the other parent’s image. If the other parent HAD killed the child(ren), wouldn’t you want the world to know the person was a monster and guilty???

His story is completely asinine.

I think he killed the girls before SW arrived home. She may or may not have known. I suspect she looked at them via the baby monitor and she thought they were sleeping. She went to bed and he ambushed her while she was lying down or possibly asleep. This would explain why she would have trouble inflicting defensive wounds. I picture her on her stomach and him with his knee on her back. Then he bundled her up in the bottom sheet for transport. Sorry to graphic. I think he is a coward and did this all the “easiest” way he could.

I think he chose the tanks because they were in his mind already due to his job, and it saved him the work of digging, plus they must have seemed like a foolproof hiding place. I think he meant SW to go in, too, but she was unwieldy.

Or if he was certain they were dead, maybe call 911 and request the police. His story stinks. I also feel like most here; a parent who witnessed their child’s death does not instantly accept it. There would be shock, panic, extraordinary measures to try to revive the child. Not “oh well, let me think of a good hiding place.” I also don’t believe any typical parent would immediately worry about being blamed or tarnishing the other parent’s image. If the other parent HAD killed the child(ren), wouldn’t you want the world to know the person was a monster and guilty???

I think he killed the girls before SW arrived home. She may or may not have known. I suspect she looked at them via the baby monitor and she thought they were sleeping. She went to bed and he ambushed her while she was lying down or possibly asleep. This would explain why she would have trouble inflicting defensive wounds. I picture her on her stomach and him with his knee on her back. Sorry to graphic. I think he is a coward and did this all the “easiest” way he could.

I think he chose the tanks because they were in his mind already due to his job, and it saved him the work of digging, plus they must have seemed like a foolproof hiding place. I think he meant SW to go in, too, but she was unwieldy.
I agree on just about all of this. The only thing I’m undecided on is premeditation, and the order of the killings (which is directly linked to premeditation).

I too think the tanks were on his mind, and probably had been for some time.

I think he killed the girls before SW arrived home. She may or may not have known. I suspect she looked at them via the baby monitor and she thought they were sleeping. She went to bed and he ambushed her while she was lying down or possibly asleep. This would explain why she would have trouble inflicting defensive wounds. I picture her on her stomach and him with his knee on her back. Then he bundled her up in the bottom sheet for transport. Sorry to graphic. I think he is a coward and did this all the “easiest” way he could.

Do you think he killed both girls as part of the plan, or hit one of them too hard, shook one too violently, in anger, and then had to kill the other one who was watching? I guess that's what I have a hard time with, how could any father just haul off and purposely kill 2 tiny girls. JMD did it, killed one by ice pick because the other was dead, the first one was hit with a club and stabbed. But just saying, hey come here, and murdering 2 little girls? I wonder if one of them doesn't have some bruises or broken bones and that is why he tried to hide them.

Do you think he killed both girls as part of the plan, or hit one of them too hard, shook one too violently, in anger, and then had to kill the other one who was watching? I guess that's what I have a hard time with, how could any father just haul off and purposely kill 2 tiny girls. JMD did it, killed one by ice pick because the other was dead, the first one was hit with a club and stabbed. But just saying, her come here, and murdering 2 little girls? I wonder if one of them doesn't have some bruises or broken bones and that is why he tried to hide them.
This is precisely why the autopsy report is so important. We could learn a lot from it, and it could substantially change our theories.

Do you think he killed both girls as part of the plan, or hit one of them too hard, shook one too violently, in anger, and then had to kill the other one who was watching? I guess that's what I have a hard time with, how could any father just haul off and purposely kill 2 tiny girls. JMD did it, killed one by ice pick because the other was dead, the first one was hit with a club and stabbed. But just saying, her come here, and murdering 2 little girls? I wonder if one of them doesn't have some bruises or broken bones and that is why he tried to hide them.
IMO only, of course, but I think it was all premeditated. I think he had plenty of time to contemplate and plan a new life while SW was away for those weeks. Perhaps it did stem from AP learning Shanann was pregnant and C.W. had been feeding her BS.

He seems like the type who would come up with some stupid cover story to explain injuries to a child - although the girls were old enough to tell what happened so maybe not.

He just wanted her to go away and she didn’t like his tone or his attitude and trusted her gut. I find it very telling that he told her that he wanted a separation. I don’t think they were close, and it’s a weird thing to reveal out of the blue unless he really wanted her to get off his back
. But as we have seen, he doesn’t make very good choices. Revealing something like that would make it even more urgent to try to locate Shannan had she been ignoring phone calls, to check in with her and make sure she was okay.

Snipped and BBM

I dont think its very telling he mentioned separation because i believe he thought she knew what was going on with his affairs, if it was really going on 6+ months. It was his way to get her to back off and leave them alone for the immediate moment.

IMO only, of course, but I think it was all premeditated. I think he had plenty of time to contemplate and plan a new life while SW was away for those weeks. Perhaps it did stem from AP learning Shanann was pregnant and C.W. had been feeding her BS.

He seems like the type who would come up with some stupid cover story to explain injuries to a child - although the girls were old enough to tell what happened so maybe not.
It's just so hard to imagine. Especially killing them beforehand, although I too have theorized on that. It seems easier to picture him killing them after killing SW, I don't know why. Maybe partially buying into the "jeez it was just rage" excuse.

I think he is a coward. Took the easiest way out OF EVERYTHING....having trouble providing for the lifestyle he wants? get a wife that will be a go-getter...having trouble dealing with wife? have an affair...having trouble dealing with kids/wife and want to be 'single and ready to mingle' or pursue a future with you AP (who maybe has even more financial potential than SW)? strangle your two daughters and your wife...and voila...everything will be EASY. Right? Seems as if he has a one track mind...all about HIMSELF! even in the interviews we have all seen so many times now..'I just want them back' ... all of this MOO

Do you think he killed both girls as part of the plan, or hit one of them too hard, shook one too violently, in anger, and then had to kill the other one who was watching? I guess that's what I have a hard time with, how could any father just haul off and purposely kill 2 tiny girls. JMD did it, killed one by ice pick because the other was dead, the first one was hit with a club and stabbed. But just saying, hey come here, and murdering 2 little girls? I wonder if one of them doesn't have some bruises or broken bones and that is why he tried to hide them.
Oh no, I hope that one little girl didn't witness her sister being murdered in front of her eyes before it was her turn.
No. I don't even want to go down that route. :( MOO

IIRC CBS news paid $200,000 to Casey Anthony for what they hoped would become interview rights. As it turned out, all they got for their money (so far) was some photographs of Caylee. Of course they vigorously denied paying her anything until Baez had to reveal in court the source of her defense fund. CBS are not alone, all the major media do it, they just hide it.

Oh no, I hope that one little girl didn't witness her sister being murdered in front of her eyes before it was her turn.
No. I don't even want to go down that route. :( MOO
I wasn't trying to be gruesome, I just can't imagine him killing them with no reason, but I guess it would have been easier for him if they were asleep, ie a nap after the party. I remember one poster who said that professionals say, don't even try to understand the "why" because your own mind is not evil, you will never get it.

I wasn't trying to be gruesome, I just can't imagine him killing them with no reason, but I guess it would have been easier for him if they were asleep, ie a nap after the party. I remember one poster who said that professionals say, don't even try to understand the "why" because your own mind is not evil, you will never get it.
Oh no, I know you weren't trying to be gruesome and I'm pretty sure more gruesome things will come out at trial.
I really hope the girls were asleep and didn't suffer too much. MOO.

IIRC CBS news paid $200,000 to Casey Anthony for what they hoped would become interview rights. As it turned out, all they got for their money (so far) was some photographs of Caylee. Of course they vigorously denied paying her anything until Baez had to reveal in court the source of her defense fund. CBS are not alone, all the major media do it, they just hide it.
IMO they often pay for air tickets, snazzy hotels, food, etc, for interviews, and I think this is pretty normal. Not referring to CBS or NGRACE or AB, just in general it can be quite lucrative to show up on one of those media events.

Exactly. We can’t get inside his mind. The best we can do is make comparisons to similar cases, and take into account psychological studies of people who do this sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy