Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I do not think that Shanann killed her children. My post indicated no such thing.

I may be confused. I asked if you thought she killed herself. Not the kids. Or maybe you think someone other than CW did?

Because the post was about how we know he is at least guilty of homicide of SW. However your response was not everyone who confesses is guilty?

IIRC, the discussion was regarding CW being guilty already of the felonies he confessed to the police. You then questioned in response whether everyone who had confessed to something has been found guilty of it (summarizing here). I asked you whether you thought perhaps CW lied or was wrong when he confessed then and I received no response. Perhaps you can clarify what you meant as it relates to this case so we do not misunderstand your point?

Clicking the arrows to follow the conversation can be helpful. Someone stated CW had been "proven guilty." I disagreed with the "proven" part, as he's not been convicted. They said but he confessed I said yeah so has every person who has confessed then been convicted, as in "proven guilty." I don't think anyone actually answered that.

I did miss your question. No, I don't think he lied. I think he most likely killed his entire family. I just like accuracy, and stating he's been "proven guilty" was not an accurate statement.

The End

Just curious....do they call it a "warrantless arrest affidavit" because he is already in custody? Otherwise, would it be just an "arrest affidavit" and then they go pick up the person?

Bumping this up. I'm not sure if it was answered, I may have missed it. But I would love to know the answer to NuttMegg's question. Also, in what circumstances can LE make a "warrantless arrest"? TIA!

He's already been proven guilty of killing SW and the unborn baby, Nico. Proven by his own confession. He's already been proven guilty of obstruction of justice. Proven by his own confession. He is NOT innocent of those crimes. Now we have, what I believe, is a preponderance of evidence, that leads me to believe he's guilty of also killing his daughters. Logic and common sense also leads me to conclude he's guilty. Anyway, because of his own confessions, we're really not discussing his guilt, that's been established, it's the depth and degree that remains to be proven. IMHO it will be forcefully proven, with no doubts.

Has every person who confessed to a crime been convicted of said crime?

The discussion wasn't about conviction, it was about "innocent until proven guilty" and he confessed to several crimes, including killing. So, he's guilty.

The first post literally says, "proven guilty." How is it "proven" if not in court? He confessed, but that doesn't "prove" him guilty. The court of public opinion doesn't "prove" a person guilty.

Quote train in all its glory.

I don't think Shanann killed anyone, including herself.

Has every person who confessed to a crime been convicted of said crime?
No. That said, I doubt any of those who received a not guilty verdict also hid the bodies. In this case, I think the best outcome for CW is he'll be convicted of a lessor charge in the murder of SW. And that won't happen unless the jury believes SW murdered the girls. JMO

No. That said, I doubt any of those who received a not guilty verdict also hid the bodies. In this case, I think the best outcome for CW is he'll be convicted of a lessor charge in the murder of SW. And that won't happen unless the jury believes SW murdered the girls. JMO
Thank you for your reply, MyBelle, and agreed.

I can see from that perspective. Another angle is that he clearly was able to solidify a relationship with SW after meeting in 2010. I don't think it so much has to do with being shy or outgoing. I believe that CW was able to set his sights on a goal that he believed would fill a need in his life. He set his eyes on SW, and felt that her being in his life fulfilled some type of need. He didn't have to be shy or outgoing to do that. He just needed to be calculating. Jmo

CW set his sights on committing the murders, of his entire family.
He succeeded in this goal.
Mission accomplished.
MOO.

Clicking the arrows to follow the conversation can be helpful. Someone stated CW had been "proven guilty." I disagreed with the "proven" part, as he's not been convicted. They said but he confessed I said yeah so has every person who has confessed then been convicted, as in "proven guilty." I don't think anyone actually answered that.

I did miss your question. No, I don't think he lied. I think he most likely killed his entire family. I just like accuracy, and stating he's been "proven guilty" was not an accurate statement.

The End
Thank you for the clarification. For what it is worth, I believe I did respond that I did not know of anyone being found not guilty who both confessed and had so much evidence corroborating their confession, or something to that effect. But I now see your point. I think people are saying guilty because he both confessed and the evidence we know of to date supports that portion of the confession.

Accused by her murderer does not hold any weight for me. A man who lied and lied to the world has no credibility in my eyes and obviously LE's eyes.

This brings up a good point. Let's say it went down in a different way. Let's say he strangled SW after he caught her strangling the girls. And so he called 911, or hit the panic alarm button.

And the cops arrive and see him sitting in a room full of dead bodies.....and then he tells them what she did.

He would still be someone accusing the woman he murdered, of committing a violent crime. Some would believe him at that point, some wouldn't.

I would be on the fence. But I wouldn't be able to look at all of the ugly, twisted things he did after the fact, and hear all of the lies in his sick cover up, to convince me he was lying.

And eventually the forensic evidence would likely prove him to be telling the truth. But in this case, he PURPOSELY DESTROYED that forensics. So that is one more action on his part that proves to him being guilty as opposed to not guilty.

Last edited:
CW has not been found guilty of any crime, and if/when that day comes, there are laws in every state that will prevent CW from profiting from SW death. Until then, taking a page from Laci P murder, SW family has every right to file a wrongful death lawsuit against CW, and I trust they've been advised to do so at their earliest convenience. MOO
Laci's family dropped their wrongful death lawsuit.
Laci's parents drop wrongful death lawsuit against Scott Peterson

I’d like to see some happy doggie pics of Dieter with his new chihuahua dog-ling.
Hope Dieter is enjoying his new friend and is very busy, being loved.:):)
Well, when things get low here, I look at doggie pics on line.
Just laughed at 'Guilty dogs caught in the act', (when their owners have left, for a short while).

This brings up a good point. Let's say it went down in a different way. Let's say he strangled SW after he caught her strangling the girls. And so he called 911, or hit the panic alarm button.

And the cops arrive and see him sitting in a roll full of dead bodies.....and then he tells them what she did.

He would still be someone accusing the woman he murdered, of committing a violent crime. Some would believe him at that point, some wouldn't.

I would be on the fence. But I wouldn't be able to look at all of the ugly, twisted things he did after the fact, and hear all of the lies in his sick cover up, to convince me he was lying.

And eventually the forensic evidence would likely prove him to be telling the truth. But in this case, he PURPOSELY DESTROYED that forensics. So that is one more action on his part that proves to him being guilty as opposed to not guilty.
Yes, and sadly, he now may have the added benefit to his defense (if he DID do it) that the evidence was destroyed. It really only benefitted him to dispose of the bodies and let them decompose in oil if he was the one who murdered them IMO.

SW seemed to be a very organized person. Very orderly. Extremely scheduled. Clean.

Some might describe her as Type A or a perfectionist.

Exceedingly positive on social media.

I get the sense that rubs some people who didn't know her, the wrong way.

I wonder about her friends. Were they all like her? Did her personality ever bother them?

I also think many of us feel like we may not have been friends with SW in real life. Not because she comes across negatively but just because our personalities are so different.

I wonder what her circle of friends was like and how they view her.

@Colorado303, @isalybra, can ya'll give us some feedback?

I agree, and the word "assertive" describes SW, I don't see any domineering behavior in her SM posts. She's assertive in a positive way. IMO MOO.
I agree mouse.
Loads of people want to be more assertive, as this is often an asset in life.:):)
There are numerous books in book stores, libraries, on the subject.
Plus public speakers, world wide, making a living on the topic: people see this as a quality.
MOO.

Actually, they filed two suits, and of course they dropped wrongful death after his conviction, when state laws kicked in. Family also prevailed in life insurance suit.

They dropped the wrongful death because SP still maintained his innocence. It's in the article I linked.

I've not heard of any substantial insurance policy on SW and we have been asked not to discuss other cases.

Trinket was not attacked. People would've gotten in incredible trouble for that and many of us would've reported such posts.

Not being able to give much weight to someone who is anonymous, gives no context to their relationship, made several statements indicating to most of us an intense dislike of SW and a relationship close enough with CW as they stated they knew about the AP "from the beginning", is not attacking.

I saw no one who wasn't polite to Trinket.

I think sometimes people confuse disagreement with an attack.
oops, sorry, deleted by me

Last edited:
So, what does that tell you about the family and their thinking?
It tells me that the Watts family wants to keep their privacy. They do not owe anyone, especially those pesky news people, any of their time. From a parent's perspective, I am sure they are deeply saddened by what their son did. Please remember that they also lost two beautiful granddaughters and a future grandson. If and when they make a statement, I will listen to it or read it, but I am not expecting anything from them. We need to be polite and leave them alone. My humble and Southern routed opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyclic8