Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the difference between a verified insider and a verified friend? I saw there was a verified friend of Shannan Watts that stopped posting here but there is a different verified insider posting still. How is that all worked out here as far as friend and insider?
It probably depends on how they want to be identified.

<modsnip - removed quoted post and reference to it>

I am a bit puzzled by some people who can believe that he killed them all and dumped his little girls in crude oil vats and was having an affair with a woman but just cannot accept that he had a same sex affair.

I suspect that we'll find out he had multiple affairs with both men and women.

I think if there is any DNA, it can be argued away. They were both their parents. Even if SW’s DNA is found on one or both necks, she could have come home and kissed them before walking into her her bedroom.

That's what I have been thinking about. Based on the thousands of pictures, she brushed their hair and put their hair in pigtails or ponytails often. I'm sure she touched their necks everyday just in getting them dressed and doing their hair.

Massguy do you think they already knew about the bodies in the tanks before he confessed? Still trying to figure out where i got that from.
No. But I think they suspected it at that point. They saw the sheet from the drone, and would have seen disturbed ground in the area near the tanks. They were close, and would have gotten there.

Catching up on the threads. Still not sure what a verified insider or verified friend means if anyone knows. The verified friend person doesn't post anymore just the verified insider person

What's the difference between a verified insider and a verified friend? I saw there was a verified friend of Shannan Watts that stopped posting here but there is a different verified insider posting still. How is that all worked out here as far as friend and insider?
Welcome Jack,
We have three VI's in this case, @isalybra, @Colorado303 and @Trinket78. They are not required to tell us how they are related (friend, family, etc.) but two of them have told us they were friends.
MOO

That's what I have been thinking about. Based on the thousands of pictures, she brushed their hair and put their hair in pigtails or ponytails often. I'm sure she touched their necks everyday just in getting them dressed and doing their hair.
And on the sheets she washed and the pyjamas she folded and when she lay down with them to read them a story at bedtime.
And all that was nothing to him, he dumped them in filthy crude oil.

I believe CW miscalculated badly when he put the girls in the tanks. His story was ‘they left’ and I believe he saw the tanks as the ultimate hiding place with no way to search it but to empty the tanks of costly crude. Plus there would be environmental regulations as to how the tanks could be drained so no one would look there. But that’s just where the cops would look because they know how to out think the criminal.

LE probably presented him with their strong suspicions and he caved. Maybe there was a threat thrown in there.

(Sorry NuttMegg - I meant to respond to @MsBetsy!)
The drone didn't detect them in the tanks. Here is what the affidavit says:

In a subsequent interview Chris (BLACKOUT) asked to speak with his father, who was present at the police department. Chris said he would tell the truth after speaking with his dad. After being allowed to speak with his father, Chris stated after he told Shanann he wanted a separation he walked downstairs for a moment and then returned to his bedroom to speak with Shanann again. While in the bedroom, via baby monitor located on Shanann's night stand, he observed Bella "sprawled" out on her bed and blue and Shanann actively strangling Celeste. Chris said he went into a rage and ultimately strangled Shanann to death. Chris said he loaded all three bodies onto the back seat of his work truck and took them to an oil work site identified as CERVI 319 with GPS coordinates 40.21624374, -104.36667. Chris said he buried Shanann near two oil tanks and dumped the girls inside the oils tanks.

Chris was presented an aerial photograph of the tank battery area and identified three separate locations in which he placed the bodies.

Prior to Chris' confession investigators arrived at CERVI 319 (with consent) to initiate a drone search of the area. At approximately 4:15 PM investigators spotted a bed sheet in the field near the tank battery. The sheet matched the pattern of several pillow cases and a top sheet recovered from a kitchen trash can from the Watt's residence early that day. That searched was conducted with prior consent provided by Chris. The drone search also revealed fresh movement of dirt consistent with a clandestine grave near the oil tanks.
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/001/Warrantless Arrest Affidavit.pdf
Yes, thats what I remember from the beginning. I hope you didn't have to type all that out. Thank you! Always good to see reports again. The article I was referring to was more recent. Maybe it was a reporter just speculating. I wouldn't think drones could detect bodies inside a tank. Although I think infrared can detect a body buried very deep in the soil. Amazing what they can do these days.

Welcome Jack,
We have three VI's in this case, @isalybra, @Colorado303 and @Trinket78. They are not required to tell us how they are related (friend, family, etc.) but two of them have told us they were friends.
MOO
Thanks! makes it clearer I guess. Just was wondering if there was a difference in the ones that were verified friends from insiders or if it was a difference in verification. Thanks again I'll catch up now and lurk til then

I agree. Since it was the weekend, too, there's a chance that the girls didn't really bathe between her leaving them and returning. We let things slide on the weekends and then I generally let them take baths or showers on Monday morning before going to school. Plus, if I bathe my daughter then I scrub her neck, really wash her scalp, etc. If my husband gives her a bath then it's more like he just turns on the water and lets her hop in. Her lower half winds up coming out looking clean, but her upper half doesn't change. All of that is my way of saying that if SW touched their necks, fixed their hair, kissed their skin etc. before she left, there's a good chance that the DNA would still be on them a couple of days later. A good DA could definitely argue that, depending on what they find.

Massguy do you think they already knew about the bodies in the tanks before he confessed? Still trying to figure out where i got that from.
I saw it too. Maybe it was a reporter who assumed that all three were discovered by the drone. Was it in one of the reports by that Ashley B reporter? Maybe in the interview? I can't remember her name.

You bring up really good points and questions. I want to specifically address the question around the baby monitor. Your post got me thinking about wording around the baby monitors, and after checking, I want to share what we know from the warrantless arrest affidavit.

Per the affidavit:
After being allowed to speak with his father, Chris stated after he told Shanann he wanted a separation he walked downstairs for a moment and then returned to his bedroom to speak with Shannon again. While in the bedroom, via baby monitor located on Shanann’s night stand, he observed Bella “sprawled” out on her bed and blue and Shannon actively strangling Celeste. Chris said he went into a rage and ultimately strangled Shanann to death.

From what I read, I believe it was the monitor located in the master bedroom upstairs. Jmo

And he had to walk right past Bella's bedroom to reach the master bedroom!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay