Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i haven't heard that about the drone detecting them in the tanks, i cant imagine that, maybe it was a logical leap of deduction, looking up at the tanks. But i would have been looking for more graves.
(Sorry NuttMegg - I meant to respond to @MsBetsy!)
The drone didn't detect them in the tanks. Here is what the affidavit says:

In a subsequent interview Chris (BLACKOUT) asked to speak with his father, who was present at the police department. Chris said he would tell the truth after speaking with his dad. After being allowed to speak with his father, Chris stated after he told Shanann he wanted a separation he walked downstairs for a moment and then returned to his bedroom to speak with Shanann again. While in the bedroom, via baby monitor located on Shanann's night stand, he observed Bella "sprawled" out on her bed and blue and Shanann actively strangling Celeste. Chris said he went into a rage and ultimately strangled Shanann to death. Chris said he loaded all three bodies onto the back seat of his work truck and took them to an oil work site identified as CERVI 319 with GPS coordinates 40.21624374, -104.36667. Chris said he buried Shanann near two oil tanks and dumped the girls inside the oils tanks.

Chris was presented an aerial photograph of the tank battery area and identified three separate locations in which he placed the bodies.

Prior to Chris' confession investigators arrived at CERVI 319 (with consent) to initiate a drone search of the area. At approximately 4:15 PM investigators spotted a bed sheet in the field near the tank battery. The sheet matched the pattern of several pillow cases and a top sheet recovered from a kitchen trash can from the Watt's residence early that day. That searched was conducted with prior consent provided by Chris. The drone search also revealed fresh movement of dirt consistent with a clandestine grave near the oil tanks.
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/001/Warrantless Arrest Affidavit.pdf

and @margarita25 , I lost 3 elderly pets out of 5 within a year before and after giving birth to our child. They KNEW. I also still wonder if the dog howling welfare call was human or canine.
A beautiful dog I owned many years would howl whenever she heard sirens. She was also very protective over our children and our cat, lol.

My neighbour complained though that she was creeped out because of Sammie's howling, she said it was evil. o_O:p

A beautiful dog I owned many years would howl whenever she heard sirens. She was also very protective over our children and our cat, lol.

My neighbour complained though that she was creeped out because of Sammie's howling, she said it was evil. o_O:p
I had a dog that used to howl at sirens. I think that it is the genetic wolf thing.

I think he planned to use an unregistered beater car he already had in place or maybe even a motorcycle to get back home after abandoning her car. MOO

ETA, whatever he used to get back home, he would have parked a block or so away from his house. MOO

Also, a motorcycle would have been easier to transport and just drop off using his truck, so now I'm thinking that what he would have done. MOO

He was a runner...more likely he would have ran back rather than a motorbike or unregistered car which has the potential to attract police attention IMO

@MerryB

“Right. And we don’t even know if the girls were strangled by hands or by something else (which would not leave DNA)”.

It's possible he used a ligature. The question would then be whether or not it was found in the house. If so it's more than possible his DNA would be left behind.

@MerryB

“Right. And we don’t even know if the girls were strangled by hands or by something else (which would not leave DNA)”.
It's possible he used a ligature. The question would then be whether or not it was found in the house. If so it's more than possible his DNA would be left behind.
Pillow cases could be twisted tightly and used as a ligature. Maybe that was why they were thrown in the kitchen garbage.

First, I think TB is probably fake (but not because CW wouldn’t have had an affair with a man. In fact, I think there is a possibility that TB may have known a man involved with CW yet to step forward. That may have put the idea in his head to impersonate him or indicate he had proof. That’s also pure speculation, but CW having a gay affair would not surprise me).

However, I am going with the theory that she found out about the co-worker and ongoing affair at or around the 4th of July.

I think if CW was with SW and girls on the first leg of their trip in N.C. that SW might have discovered something fishy going on right around then. Possibly even before he went home, on or around the 4th of July (June 27-July 3) . She may have waited to talk about it until he returned or she may have confronted him before he left, letting things simmer while he was back at home in a very uncomfortable manner.

Her own Facebook post detailed her good feelings for the end of her NC trip, return to CO and upcoming AZ weekend, without mentioning that he was going to be with them at all that last week. I think the omission of his rejoining them all to be somewhat significant. She normally seemed excited to include him or looked forward to reunions with him as she did on her final night when she “couldn’t wait to get home with Chris and the girls.” (I understand we can discuss her individual FB posts here).

Had she had access to any of his electronic devices before the 4th when he left N.C. (at that time, his Facebook account was purportedly still active), she might have learned about it that way and waited to confront him until he left, or did so directly before their goodbyes. Or maybe he slipped up soon after he got home.

The fact he apparently deleted the FB account the very week before their demise is telling in that she may have very well stayed silent about anything she suspected or had discovered until she saw him again when he returned that last week (when they went to Myrtle Beach) and referenced it in an unexpected confrontation at some juncture in their reunion. We can see from his porch tapes that he wasn’t nearly as well thought out with cover ups as he fancied himself to be. He may very well have got busted-and deleted the account shortly after that.

He finally concluded that at least FB was a liability (his Twitter acct remained active) and he knew SW could catch him through it. This held true for the AP as well, (not to mention the public in the future if he thought ahead enough, although IMO I don’t think he actually thought in such a broad context).

The fact that there was recently a People article that claimed he was shocked that the world had knowledge of this case and viewed him as a monster, which plagued him might be accurate. He didn’t think that anything he was going to do might be capable of capturing the attention of a national audience. This man has failed at every step to grasp the brevity of the potential consequences for his actions...

In any event, they both seemed technologically savvy and there’s a possibility SW could have even seen the baby monitors when she was away and he was at home if they were set to the right channels. If so, she may also have been able to glean when he was not home or sleeping in their bed (I personally can’t wrap my head around being so thorough but I would not put it past others).

Possibly in the end he may have just told her bluntly, uncomfortably or possibly tip toed around the truth that he was having an affair. This night have happened once he left after their first week in N.C. (before the 4th when he was purportedly with her)-which is why the fact she found out on the 4th of July has been bandied about.

It’s also possible that in doing this he was trying to convey that this meant that he wanted a separation, yet she was not ready to take that in. Or he may have just wanted her to deal with it, while vulnerable, pregnant with number #3 and stuck in a crappy ménage a trois. I don’t know at all what was going through his head, but he was extremely passive aggressive IMO and he clearly was capable of exacting revenge on every level.

After he went back to CO, and the AP on or around the 4th of July, this may have been easier for him to do.

I have heard from other sources that the 4th of July is when she first found out about an affair. I am not sure how this has been verified or if it’s a known fact. If not, all apologies as these are only theories I’ve tried to examine on the basis that she discovered around the 4th of July that there was trouble brewing on the horizon.
if it really was a 10 month affair then maybe he unthinkingly brought home some new aspects to personal interactions. Lol i dont know if i can be specific. Just meaning that maybe things seemed different and that got her to wondering

Last edited:
The affidavit doesn't say what time the well-being BOLO was done. I'm wondering where CW was though when they came over to his house. Was he somewhere else and LE had to call him? Again?
No, the dog wellness check was done in the morning after he had dumped the girls in oil and buried SW and he reported for work.

What's the difference between a verified insider and a verified friend? I saw there was a verified friend of Shannan Watts that stopped posting here but there is a different verified insider posting still. How is that all worked out here as far as friend and insider?

Last edited:
They had found the sheet at 4:15 pm. They don't tell us the time they noticed the clandestine grave, but I sort of assume it was the same drone. He pointed out the locations on an aerial photograph, but only after he was backed into a corner.
MOO
Yes, I wonder how long they waited until they told him about the drone footage. How far he got with his story...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member