Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@taylorss said:
“Retired teacher Joe Duty was shocked Thursday when he heard that Chris Watts, one of his former Pine Forest High School automotive students, was charged with murdering his pregnant wife and two young daughters in Colorado... Those who know Watts described him as a remarkably intelligent youth.... ‘This was one of the smartest students I ever had. The guy had a photographic memory,’ [Duty] said... ‘In fact, I told him before he graduated, I said, '“Chris, if I ever had a student who was going to be tremendously successful, it's you.”' ...
Chris Watts, accused of killing pregnant wife, kids in Colorado, has Fayetteville ties

I saw that video so I know what your saying. However, my auto mechanic is one of the smartest individuals I've ever known; I appreciate him and don't know how I'd survive without him!!

There are all different kinds of smart. We have to kinda look at the person making the claim that he was smart. It was by a teacher at a high school , who is teaching teenagers ( I would imagine) how to replace a alternator or something .

Being able to remember the steps quickly might be perceived as a photographic memory by a high school car teacher.

In any reporting regarding this tragedy never have any such descriptors been used .

We have two video examples of him . IMO in neither instance nothing regarding either smart or bright ever emerged.

He liked muscle cars which would correlate .

I don't have a concrete idea of what a car class at high school level really addresses - but a guess would be it is at high school level

would be interesting to know how he performed overall and still do not understand why at this point no one seems to know what he did at the plant.

Was he fine tuning wells or taking out the garbage?

At 60 a year I would some skill set is present - but it is just bizarre to me that it seems noone knows?

I have to assume a huge plant like that does , in fact, have quite a lot of positions of varying capabilities

I cant think of one other case where this basic info is not included in reporting.

I have actually never heard of cooperate person making a public announcement that an individual arrested on murder charges make a formal announcement that said indiv had terminated .

I think it is pretty well assumed that a murderer would not be retained - but a formal announcement is odd

I am wondering if recently was more of a house dad.

I really thing dept children and family would not be at all ok with him hypothetically being employed and leaving a 3 5 year old alone in house from 5 in the morning until whenever.

Just the past week before the tragedy if he was going to work , mom is gone who is talking care of the babies??

I did notice the marks on his neck but great observation about the wedding ring I had not noticed that. I think and despite the the delay in SW flight, the children were deceased before SW arrived home at 2 am and could have already been disposed of many hours before that hence the girls beds being made and unused.
Is it possible he made the beds to help verify his story. At one point he was quoted saying she said she was going stay at a friends house. He wanted it to look like they got up that morning and SW made the beds and then they disappeared, leaving people to think they were alive before and shortly after he left.

You know that is really sad. If what her mom's friend said about her planning to leave him was true and what her brother here said is true, she could certainly have started a new life riding on the wave of her income for as long as it lasts, lived in more humble digs for a couple of years to save as much as she could. then if she chose to move back home to NC where property is much more affordable and possibly pay cash for a home. In the very least, she could have a huge down payment/low mortgage which would allow her the freedom of working a less hectic job, more time with her kids and possibly meet someone else who treated her as she should be treated. He stole that from her and the kids. It just highlights to me what a true loser he really is. I call it small man syndrome and everyone has to suffer because of it.

Yes, I am beyond certain that the visit with her family was for her to evaluate leaving him and I think she was almost free. I think the only reason she came back when she did was because she had that work trip two days after she arrived him. But by then he had decided the fate of all of them.

When we are talking about MLM scams, it is about the "snake oil and tricks". She only makes her money by turning other people into "promoters", and pushing them to buy diet products, which are over priced to support the pyramid scheme. Most MLM sales directors spend more money than they actually earn. And in order to get people to buy into their products, the directors have to put themselves out on Social Media as having the "perfect fantasy" life; nice cars, exotic trips, parties.

Not victim blaming, it is MLM that forces people to spend beyond their means, with the constant pressure. Maybe CW wanted off the Merry go Round. Combine that with financial problems, a possible explosive relationship, add steroids, other drugs...narcissistic control issues. It is the "Jeffrey McDonald Syndrome".
I think in the effort not to "victim blame" some are ignoring some obvious issues with this family. I appreciate your comment that he wanted to get off the Merry Go Round. It reminds me of his interview where I think he said something that came very much from him: This has got to stop.
In my first marriage I was married to someone who immediately quit and started their own business. A failing business that did not help support the family. Yet he wanted to do this because he did not have to do the traditional work, seemed like a success because he owned his own business, was all about the next "trip" and the trappings of keeping up with the Joneses. I had a great job for the area and we should have been fine. What I did not have is the appropriate boundaries to make the spiraling Merry Go Round stop as we kept spiraling into debt. At one point, due to me helping his family maintain medical care during a harrowing medical issue that involved them, they gifted us with $50k at the end of it. Instead of using that for the debt we accumulated, he went and spent most of it on a truck. And although there were two of us in the relationship I felt very resentful and unable to stop the Merry Go Round. He certainly did not deserve to die. He had many positive qualities. I had many bad qualities that were not right for the marriage as well. So this is not a "blame my ex" post. But the two of us together were horrible from a financial point of view. I am a very strong woman who does well in business settings. I am assertive. Yet with this relationship I could not "right" the financial ship until I divorced him. I simply was unable to do it. The stress caused me to have huge issues with myself. I drank till oblivion to numb the situation. I ate tons. I got the heaviest I have ever been. This was not his "fault". This is how I handled his spending and my lack of control. It was destructive. And it felt like a careening roller coaster I could not remove myself from. I did not see at the time I actually could just hop off.
Some of you think she was making a ton of money. I am not going to argue that at this time. I do not believe she was. I believe she was deep into the idea of success and felt that at any point this business of hers was going to break thru to get her family to financial success. I believe they simply were people who could not handle their finances much like my first marriage. I believe that he felt trapped by it. I believe that he unfortunately, did not see a way out, that did not involve making sure he was OK but if the others had to go- so be it. He is a broken human being. Incredibly broken. Unfathomably broken. But I do not think pointing out this could have been a powder keg of two people who were headed for another choppy financial crisis is a stretch. Having to put house up for sell, court case, another baby on the way, and an MLM I am sure wasn't garnering the money some of you think it was are indicators to me. Plus I am pretty sure you can't dismiss student loans in a bankruptcy. (I could be wrong about that). Again, this is all hypothesis and I know that. I am putting my experience onto a situation and I see that as well. I just do not see the psychopath some of you do. I see a "snap" with some short, bad premeditation. I see a powder keg that exploded.

Yes, I am beyond certain that the visit with her family was for her to evaluate leaving him and I think she was almost free. I think the only reason she came back when she did was because she had that work trip two days after she arrived him. But by then he had decided the fate of all of them.

Thank you for this, SuperTmo.

We are sadly aware that the time that the woman is going to leave is the most dangerous time of all.

Last edited:
There are all different kinds of smart. We have to kinda look at the person making the claim that he was smart. It was by a teacher at a high school , who is teaching teenagers ( I would imagine) how to replace a alternator or something .

Being able to remember the steps quickly might be perceived as a photographic memory by a high school car teacher.

In any reporting regarding this tragedy never have any such descriptors been used .

We have two video examples of him . IMO in neither instance nothing regarding either smart or bright ever emerged.

He liked muscle cars which would correlate .

I don't have a concrete idea of what a car class at high school level really addresses - but a guess would be it is at high school level

would be interesting to know how he performed overall and still do not understand why at this point no one seems to know what he did at the plant.

Was he fine tuning wells or taking out the garbage?

At 60 a year I would some skill set is present - but it is just bizarre to me that it seems noone knows?

I have to assume a huge plant like that does , in fact, have quite a lot of positions of varying capabilities

I cant think of one other case where this basic info is not included in reporting.

I have actually never heard of cooperate person making a public announcement that an individual arrested on murder charges make a formal announcement that said indiv had terminated .

I think it is pretty well assumed that a murderer would not be retained - but a formal announcement is odd

I am wondering if recently was more of a house dad.

I really thing dept children and family would not be at all ok with him hypothetically being employed and leaving a 3 5 year old alone in house from 5 in the morning until whenever.

Just the past week before the tragedy if he was going to work , mom is gone who is talking care of the babies??
In an earlier thread w a link it was said he was an Operator. Being in the trades myself I took this to mean Operating Engineer. Heavy equipment, backhoe, front loaders etc.

I got thinking about it last night, when you look at SW social media and you take away Thrive there's very little of SW left.

Clearly she was pushing so very hard to earn money to help the family out but in turn it makes me wonder how stressful keeping up the perfect Facebook family, nice home, nice cars, perfect hair ect really is.

Maybe that's why they didn't sell their home? How would it look to her other Thrivers or people that started thrive under her if she was to suddenly downsize.

Maybe MLM has ended up putting more strain on their home life rather than improving.

they are saying financial problems

i would think starting out in this type of stuff would start a lot of financial strain if one has to put out money in advance

if it were a very affluent person who wanted to do it it seems like that would be doable

maybe it does not require a cash outlay on the sellers part??

Not much. The video I watched said that the average new seller puts in $256 to start. This isn’t an inventory heavy MLM like the oils or the leggings.... the secretary at my daughters school had to put out $6500 in a starter set of clothes (that seemed to be the ugliest, oldest, and oddest sizes so they didn’t sell well and she had to buy more current styles). She also had to buy clothing racks and hangers and all sorts of crap to display her stuff with. She was in it almost $9,000 before she made her first sale and then had to use her earnings to replenish her stock.

At least Thrive isn’t as bad as that!!!

And just to add to that 1) she had a doctor's appointment, 2) the girls were supposed to start school, and 3) the gender reveal party was planned for Saturday.

A few things I found strange after watching his interview. Did anyone else notice marks on his neck? Even more interesting is he is not wearing his wedding ring. In all other photos and videos he wears it. He also referred to his daughter in past tense. I’m also curious since he was watching his girls when the neighbors last saw them. Had he already murdered them before Shannan returned home? Such a tragedy.

Great catch! I have not even noticed a wedding ring or lack of one.

Welcome to Websleuths

Very well stated. Men like this often target successful, intelligent women who have loving hearts and high ideals. Once they've tricked the woman into believing they are her perfect match and her soul mate, they secretly begin to devalue her and start planning to discard her. He's changed the game on her, subtly at first, but there is a shift and she notices this. She also may have caught him in lies, and things are just not adding up, but by this time she is usually so invested (emotionally and financially) in the relationship that she goes into a state of denial.

She may have allowed him to talk her into assuming his huge premarital credit card debt, believing they were a team and that she could trust him. Or he may have already dragged her through bankruptcy. If there are kids - game on for the psychopath. He's got her and he is able to do his thing, which centers around trying to destroy her. Because that is exactly what they do.

But she doesn't get it quite yet. She's in denial and she is likely working herself to death, trying to overcompensate for the financial damage he is causing. She is in such a frenzied state that might not even notice that he's not doing a thing to help her. He just keeps loading on the stress. and he's upping his game.

If she is lucky, she discovers his secret life, although she's usually not even looking for it. If she's lucky, she is able to put it all together and everything becomes very clear to her and she knows exactly what she's dealing with. If she is lucky, she is able to formulate a successful exit strategy and escape with her life.

I think all of these things happened to Shanann in her marriage, and I think she thought she had formulated a successful exit strategy. You can never underestimate a psychopath. They are not normal people. If anyone has reason to suspect they are involved with one, get the hell away from them immediately. Go and remain no contact with them and don't ever let down your guard with them.

they were married in 2012 IIRC the bankruptcy was three years later . At this point we dont know do we, that he was the reason for the bankruptcy being needed do we?

there a couple - I would assume financial mismanagement would a joint problem ( not like worded above which gives the feeling that he got them into needing bankruptcy.)

We don't know who was fiscally loose with the money.

If we look at what little we do just from pics my sense was that she might have been more involved with materialistic things than he.

He does not hit me as a interior design kinda of guy - the home was nicely decorated. I would assume those choices were not made by him

In pictures he was in old jeans and t shirts - she most more put together - my guess would be that she might have been spending more on clothes than he

his truck was an old model one --who know for real with MLM stuff and the Lexus

However a lexus and four year old truck -- the Lexus seems a bit more materialistic .

Unless one is the CEO for Exxon (!) traveling for a job without doubt always ends up with expenditures that employers are not picking up.

You really , even on job related travel, rarely end up not spending personal money

He went to work and bought in money. I think her work would require an outlay of personal money and hopes to sell it at some point in the future.

So.......i think the notion that the bankruptcy was solely his errors might not be correct.

jmo I def dont think if we ever know -- I would bet money management was her domain throughout the marriage

jmo

After watching video last night of CW at the end when the reporter asks about his shirt..... If my family was missing and I was desperate to find them Without a doubt my response would be different. Either horror or anger. What??!!! To me they did this on camera on purpose. It's something that could have been asked off camera, probably what a reporter might do after interview, but I still don't see that. It was done to gauge his response which was very telling. You can see his whole body and demeanor relax..... I feel it was intentional.

Their happy pics are just promoting the patches, definitely a front.

On her parents FB pages they both are wearing the patches as well. This is why she was good at selling. She used her SM network as well as those related to and friends of hers to promote for her as well. That is how it's done if you want to get anywhere in these companies.

To get anywhere in these companies you really have to BELIEVE in the product you’re selling and the lifestyle. I really don’t think she was getting her parents and husband and even herself while pregnant to wear the patch if she thought it was fake or dangerous just to make money. I think she really believed in the product and company and she would be really heartbroken seeing what people are saying about her. Although it seems crazy to us and I too do not understand the Thrive patches whatsoever, I am totally 100% tired of seeing Shanann and every other person in MLM get reamed in here. We don’t know if everything was just a front or if something turned very bad recently.

Last edited:
Did that make him really angrier. Waiting and waiting??¿

In his interview, he states that "she got home at 1:48"

Injustice collector?

Do you think he had killed the girls and disposed of them then came home expecting to confront her but her flight was late and he sat there and stewed or do you think he waited for her to come home and then killed all of them at once?

Hey guys sorry been busy the last few days haven't been able to comment much...However I have been looking into things and coming up with my own opinion. I'm not sure if this has been talked about I didn't see anything however this page fers busy sometimes. This is just my opinion but I feel he had lost his job prior to her returning from NC and had not told her. This may have started an argument. Just my opinion. What do y'all think?

Hey guys sorry been busy the last few days haven't been able to comment much...However I have been looking into things and coming up with my own opinion. I'm not sure if this has been talked about I didn't see anything however this page fers busy sometimes. This is just my opinion but I feel he had lost his job prior to her returning from NC and had not told her. This may have started an argument. Just my opinion. What do y'all think?

From what I have read from multiple sources, he was fired on Wednesday after his arrest. We don’t know if that is 100% accurate, but that is what the media has been saying. Maybe you are right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay