Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NUA has stated she feared SW had passed out inside the house with the small children inside. This was following the incident of low blood sugar in AZ.
So why would SW feel like an argument at 2am or 4am in the morning? It doesn't make sense, either she wasn't well or she felt well and rested, which is hard to accept due to what NUA said?
Also, why would SW wake the girls in the middle of the night arguing with CW? Again, she wasn't well, she more than likely went straight to bed and never woke up again. jmo

Am I incorrect in remembering that according to her story, she did not pay much attention to him at first? And it was her lupus and him being around her at that moment, his loyalty when everything came crashing down, that made her change her attitude to him? This is how I understood her story.

That's the gist of what I understood from one of her videos. I have many thoughts on this dynamic. Mostly, many of the scenarios in my mind come back to; socially awkward, described as "dorky" CW moving in on an awesome (but ill) woman at a very difficult time for her and appear as her Knight In Shinning Armor. Except she forded on and he lost his foothold based on wooing her in her weakest moments when she persevered despite her challenges. Like it would have been ok if he cheated on his "less than better" (ill) wife but no way would he tolerate her not needing him like before as the "more than better" wife she became. Uggg, thanks for letting me jump off your post.

I hope the court can establish what was going on that night. I do find it hard to believe that there was one sided or random spontaneous rage but maybe that is precisely what happened and if it did I hope it can be proven at trial. I'm not sure we have full context yet in the case to completely understand the events of that morning and that we will have to wait for trial to understand what happened and why.
Unfortunately 4 of the people there can't report to us what happened, since they are dead. The only other person is a liar who disposed of his own flesh and blood in such a ghoulish and contemptuous manner, so his word is worth nothing. We might have to apply some God-given common sense to figure out the details.

Well, if the defense can make a case that CW is boarderline MR, or Autistic, which seems unlikely to me, the higher level thought process of making a phone call rather than immediate physical reaction was beyond CW in the moment. Perhaps he was on some medication that clouded memory, so he was relying on the hypothalamus, which would work on emotional responses. Perhaps he has a brain lesion, that blocked higher levels of functioning. A phone call, is abstract, one removed from concrete behavior/intervention, actively choking someone. If CW had some sort of TBI, brain damage, that could explain and possibly justify the flawed thinking he displayed in a situation of high stress.
Structure and Function of the Brain | Boundless Psychology
All that aside, he is just a really stupid man IMO.

Unfortunately 4 of the people there can't report to us what happened, since they are dead. The only other person is a liar who disposed of his own flesh and blood in such a ghoulish and contemptuous manner, so his word is worth nothing. We might have to apply some God-given common sense to figure out the details.
Yes.

It’s not. And if you don’t want to look at both possibilities, I suppose that’s your prerogative. Some of us here want to look at both scenarios until we know more. JMO
I think it has been explained, but some of us here feel that we have no interest in looking at the version concocted by murderer CW because it entails assaulting his victim psychologically, just what he wanted. We think it is an insult to SW and her children. It's an unusual situation for sure, because the confessed killer's defense involves his accusation of one of his victims. I truly have absolutely zero interest in exploring his defense scenario and this is why I usually have those who choose to explore his "explanation" set on ignore. I respect your right to view all POVs that you wish, but this is why yes, it is indeed our prerogative to assume, believe, and hold fast to LE's charges. I see in CW a desperate killer and for his murdered pregnant wife and her family, no way will I go along with his venomous, insulting psychological attack. ALL MOO.

I don’t remember reading that SW wasn’t eating and stayed in her room. I do remember a photo of her with her group and she didn’t have a plate in front of her while others at the table did and some wondered if she was sick and not eating. Is that what you are referring to? I do remember reading that NUA said she wasn’t feeling well and would need her more than ever.

I remember that photo.
Loads of other people also didn't have a plate in front of them, and I commented at the time.
They were probably not all 'not hungry': just the fact, their food hadn't arrived yet.
In restaurants, often all food, doesn't arrive at once.
I do agree with you, that NUA was concerned about her friend SW.

Good morning! The thread is open for posting. Please be mindful of the mod and admin admonitions on the first page regarding personalizing, over alerting, parenting discussions, etc.

autumn-coffee-journal-swing-favim-com-275899.jpg

link

I don't know if this has already been asked, but I'm curious about strangulation as a COD for a child under five years old.

How often is it a COD for a child in that age group, when its perpetrated on the child by a parent and not an accidental death?

What would it mean from a psych perspective? I read a Wikipedia page about strangulation in DV and I could kind of 'get' that (in the sense of getting into someone else's mind) but I don't understand turning that method onto a small child as a means of causing death.

I wonder if @moonlessnight @stereopticons or @Jmartinez0303 or @MindHunter13 might have any insight on the second part of the question?

ETA What I was thinking was that we hear a lot of child deaths caused by beating, throwing a child against a wall, smothering, drowning, sometimes even stabbing or shooting. Some of these seem consistent with being done 'in rage', some of them seem to happen more in cases where there's some kind of psychotic break.

From reading the Wiki page on strangulation in DV I'm getting more of a sense that it's a tightly controlled thing, not a rage thing. Is that generally correct? How does that fit in with a possible COD of strangulation for children under-five?

Last edited:
I think it has been explained, but some of us here feel that we have no interest in looking at the version concocted by murderer CW because it entails assaulting his victim psychologically, just what he wanted. We think it is an insult to SW and her children. It's an unusual situation for sure, because the confessed killer's defense involves his accusation of one of his victims. I truly have absolutely zero interest in exploring his defense scenario and this is why I usually have those who choose to explore his "explanation" set on ignore. I respect your right to view all POVs that you wish, but this is why yes, it is indeed our prerogative to assume, believe, and hold fast to LE's charges. I see in CW a desperate killer and for his murdered pregnant wife and her family, no way will I go along with his venomous, insulting psychological attack. ALL MOO.

Plus, with all the lies CW has been proven to have told, why should his claim that SW killed the kids be believed? What is it about that statement that makes people want to believe it but disregard other evidence?

Especially since he didn't try to revive anyone, or call 911 afterward? No, he snuck the bodies into his work truck, hauled his daughters' bodies up 2 separate flights of stairs, dumped them in 2 separate tanks of crude oil, and dug a shallow grave for his wife, which he then buried her in. Then went to work and texted/messaged his wife's phone until he rushed home to meet a concerned friend who had called the police. Then more lying ensued. All IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member