Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. It was smart because they weren't picked up by the drone and the disposal place was not obvious. CW had to tell LE where they were.
The drone picked up on the site on account of that loose sheet and disturbed earth.

He was backed into a corner at this point, and identified the burial locations.

LE would have taken longer to recover the bodies, but it’s not like they wouldn’t have remained undiscovered for any significant length of time.

Last edited:
YES, and I would say not calling 911, the immediate launching into a detailed plan to hide the bodies, destroy evidence, call/text dead wife, ridiculous idea that BOTH parents cared not enough about their kids one night, and just viewing the interviews - will be plenty for the jury to convict. When nothing comes in to seriously suggest SW would be capable of what we already know CW is capable of, it is game over for him, IMO.

Your statement: "ridiculous idea that BOTH parents cared not enough about their kids one night", will be so important.
The enormous respect and love, many of us show for our Pets, friends, neighbours BESIDES our loved ones, reveals how cold CW must be, for his actions.:(:(:(

The drone picked up on the site on account of that loose sheet and disturbed earth.

He was backed into a corner at this point, and identified the burial locations.

Le would have taken longer to recover the bodies, but it’s not like they wouldn’t have been discovered for any significant length of time.
mmmm, I can see your point, but, I think they would have looked at the tanks, the fact that they were almost full, and the small opening at the top, and thought, no. If he didn't confess, I dont think it would have crossed their minds. IMO

After discussion about the hole size I wondered if he could've shoved the girls' bodies through using his feet. Maybe his foot print was on a plastic bag surrounding them.

This idea is so repulsive to me. I don't know why it bothers me so much more, already knowing he put the babies in those tanks. It just turns my stomach.

mmmm, I can see your point, but, I think they would have looked at the tanks, the fact that they were almost full, and the small opening at the top, and thought, no. If he didn't confess, I dont think it would have crossed their minds. IMO
I absolutely disagree. They would have discovered SW’s body first, and then logically, proceed to drain the tanks.

Those things stick out like a sore thumb. They would have put two and two together.

I absolutely disagree. They would have discovered SW’s body first, and then logically, proceed to drain the tanks.

Those things stick out like a sore thumb. They would have put two and two together.
We'll have to agree to disagree then :)

I've often pondered the flight delay, and whether or not it actually had any relation. After reading your words "everything was proceeding well until. . . . . . .SW's plane is delayed," my first thought was, "if it was such a big deal, why didn't he push everything back? Why not reschedule?" Surely, if he had felt as though he didn't have enough time, he could have easily cancelled everything and opted for a future date where he could have more control, and not have to worry about pesky flight delays.

Unless there was something hugely significant that wouldn't have allowed him to reschedule his plan.

Such as already having killed either one or two of the girls before SW arrived home. Or perhaps in the style of CC, he had already lied to his AP about presenting SW with divorce papers, and knowing he'd likely see the AP at work on Monday, didn't want to have to see her until he knew he had followed through with his plan. Jmo

I think he had already killed the girls. So the flight delay was a huge deal. I also think he told his AP that they were already separated (during the time SW and the girls were gone to NC) so he couldn't have SW home and acting like they were still together.

Also if you read about FA's they usually do it in summer months before school starts. The girls were getting ready to go back to school so it would have been much harder to do.

My first thought would have been the tanks. JMO Maybe I have been on ws to long LOL

I understand what you mean but I think, and I could be wrong, that finger prints are sometimes invisible to the naked eye ? So I would assume footprints would be too. If I’m right it’s the oil from the skin that transfers prints and this may not always be visible.

Very good point, but I would think movement into and out of the truck, dirt and chemicals in the back of a work truck, etc., would obscure them.

Unless CW doubled bagged them. An outside bag would be susceptible to friction (e.g., from the truck, transporting, movement, etc), but a print captured on an inside bag could potentially be unscathed. Jmo

I wonder if cadaver dogs would have alerted on the tanks? At any rate, I completely agree with you MassGuy-- LE would have figured it out sooner or later. I think they might have even guessed it and bluffed with CW in their interviews to see what he would say. JMO.

Yes, the next logical place to look after discovering her grave.
I mean, there’s one place with disturbed ground. If there is only one body found there, it’s not rocket science to check the viability of the kids being put into the tanks that are sitting right there.

As soon as they saw that it was doable, they would have asked the company to drain the tanks.

Those bodies were going to be found.

Hi, I’m a long-time lurker, first time poster....

I think CW killed them because he feared getting caught in all his lies. He felt backed into a corner, so he killed his family so he wouldn’t be exposed. Reminds me of Mark Hacking.

Welcome PajamaSleuth.:):):)
Great you have Posted, and hope we receive many more posts from you.
CW will not recover from his lies, probably throughout his life, once the evidence is exposed.
MOO.

I mean, there’s one place with disturbed ground. If there is only one body found there, it’s not rocket science to check the viability of the kids being put into the tanks that are sitting right there.

As soon as they saw that it was doable, they would have asked the company to drain the tanks.

Those bodies were going to be found.
Yep, his goose was cooked

o_O:eek:

I stepped away for 10 minutes to put dinner in the oven and now I'm lost. :confused::oops:

What would that have to do with a footprint found on a bag at the oil field?
Maybe he left his footprint on the bag? Like inking fingerprints but another fluid and with a foot?

ETA another here just mentioned equipment/chemicals could be in CW truck bed, also a lot of dirt road to the "buriel" site, as well as AT the site, dust could have stuck to the imprints?

Totally agree. They would have found them eventually. Family is missing. GPS on husbands work truck (and possibly a work order) takes them to that site. Well looky there, two big tanks perfect for hiding bodies. Even Barney Fife would have figured that out. It is a great place to hide bodies......if you don’t work there and have a missing family.

Maybe he left his footprint on the bag? Like inking fingerprints but another fluid and with a foot?

ETA another here just mentioned equipment/chemicals could be in CW truck bed, also a lot of dirt road to the "buriel" site, as well as AT the site, dust could have stuck to the imprints?

Oh. Thank you for explaining. I was feeling dense. :oops: I wasn't thinking of it as a print that was visible to the naked eye. I was thinking of it like a print found with forensics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member