Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there confession or not ? Confession was mentioned by cousins of SW in their SM post when they announced that CW is in custody . Since then everybody calls it alleged confession . I believe there is no confession.
Regarding their relationship and her NC trip . Her mother’s coworker in beauty salon didn’t like CW and says SW was complaining of her marriage . Her friend says he was distanced from kids and her, yet he calls his mom to yell at her for not taking care of his kids. She praises him on SM yet complains to the same people in real life . Did she have any other friends besides Thrive people ? I don’t trust Thrive “friends” .

The news stations have also reported that they have heard from law enforcement sources that CW confessed.

The oil is heated. So they were in hot oil for that time.

I worked for a refinery for 3 years. During that time, we had a pipeline rupture, and hot oil was spilling onto the roads between the refinery Units. Said oil was so hot that an employee's tires were melted as she was driving through this.

Does anyone know the average temperature of the oil?

Is there confession or not ? Confession was mentioned by cousins of SW in their SM post when they announced that CW is in custody . Since then everybody calls it alleged confession . I believe there is no confession.
Regarding their relationship and her NC trip . Her mother’s coworker in beauty salon didn’t like CW and says SW was complaining of her marriage . Her friend says he was distanced from kids and her, yet he calls his mom to yell at her for not taking care of his kids. She praises him on SM yet complains to the same people in real life . Did she have any other friends besides Thrive people ? I don’t trust Thrive “friends” .
Somehow, the three bodies were found on Thursday, and yet there were no media reports of a massive search in the oilfield. CW was arrested at the same time, whereas there would usually need to be some solid evidence linking him to the crime, like DNA, etc, which normally takes quite a long time to assemble into an arrest warrant. So this seems to strongly indicate that he told LE where to find them. He may not have said anything more than that.

ETA Edited to correct the day they were found

Last edited:
Off to read more about this "Burn" stuff. I'm not quite sure I'd be very enthusiastic about using something called "Burn"; it burns calories, it burns money, it burns brain cells, it burns bridges?
I did some looking around using "Thrive patches" etc., and got mostly negative info and some not-good thoughts on using them. They run from $100 -- $300/month. Some comments said it worked, some said it didn't do anything but make them jumpy and on edge.
I also googled "burn patches," and got their site, so now I'll probably be bombarded with sales pitches, etc.
My overall take was negative/doesn't work/expensive truth-in-advertising problems in the UK.
There were, of course, those who thought it worked.
It's not for me, based on what I read, but who knoze?

I think this is why I am leaning (as far as the kids go) he planned on killing her . Did not think it out enough or whatever and got in a place where he felt he had choice if that makes sense??

I noticed during CW's interview on the porch that he had much more to say about the younger daughter, Celeste, than the older daughter, Bella. IIRC, he described Celeste as a little wild, full of energy, bouncing off the walls, much like her mother. This seemed to be a somewhat negative description of his younger daughter. He described Bella as quieter, but had less to say about her overall. It made me wonder if he was especially tired of Celeste and wanted her out of his life, but grew tired of both children, especially after a weekend by himself with them.

I've been reading about taking DNA and swabbing for rape evidence post mortem. I've seen mention that DNA evidence is
not "viable" after 72 hours. IMO, this will be a highly contested
discussion at trial especially since the bodies were immersed in oil.

I absolutely agree.

It also speaks to recognition of guilt and a severe desire to avoid detection.

He didnt place them in graves with their blankies as if to leave them sleeping

He sought to destroy their bodies.

To leave his babies to melt in hot smelly oil..... it's so horrible it really needs to be a strong part if the charges

Based on the little info we have so far, it seems like this guy is going to go down swinging. No plea deals.

I disagree. All of this just sets up for plea deals.

I mean let's say he's trying to prove it wasn't premeditated. And was second degree and not first. Well having victims who are dependent minors bumps that up to first degree anyhow:
  • While occupying a position of trust with respect to a child under 12, you knowingly causing the death of the child.
Colorado "first degree murder" laws |18-3-102 C.R.S.

So there's no going to trial and getting that bumped down to second degree because it wasn't premeditated.

As far as an insanity defense, we all know that will go over as well as a deflated balloon. As The Duchess sort of alluded to, an insane person doesn't do calm interviews on the porch during which they carefully cover up their involvement and lie.

The defense knows they won't win with that.

But again, it is the duty of his attorneys to mount a zealous defense. Most of these motions they're likely just doing and not talking to him much about.

They are doing this stuff for various reasons:

1. Just in case he falsely confessed (which they know isn't true but just in case).
2. To help with plea deals.
3. To create/uncover mitigators to avoid a death penalty.

I was counting in 24-hour increments, but I could definitely be wrong. It could also mean what you say. Maybe it doesn't mean much after all?

I don.t think you can ascribe precision to this description. If LE had aid they were immersed for 97 hours, you have a much more precise timeframe, but this is just rounding the # of days and shouldnt be taken too specifically

Somehow, the three bodies were found on Wednesday, and yet there were no media reports of a massive search in the oilfield. CW was arrested at the same time, whereas there would usually need to be some solid evidence linking him to the crime, like DNA, etc, which normally takes quite a long time to assemble into an arrest warrant. So this seems to strongly indicate that he told LE where to find them. He may not have said anything more than that.

One reporter said their sources told them about it but they did not want to report until 100% sure because it was so horrific. I also read a story that said they drained the oil from the tanks to get the girls out which took quite some time.

I'm just wondering if she called the doctors office and explained that she couldn't get a hold of her. Maybe explained that she was fearful for her life, that her car was in the driveway, the girls hadn't been dropped off at school etc. and the office simply gave her a yes or no answer. Nickole may have been hysterical and they may have simply said to her that they think she may need to call the police and she took that as she didn't show up. Nickole may have been listed as a contact in case of an emergency??? since a lot of times the husband/boyfriend goes with the SO to the appointments.

I had some tests run at the hospital one time and the doctors office kept giving me the run around saying they never got the results. I waited over the weekend and was very upset. Called them again on Monday and got the same answer...no results yet. My husband was furious. He called the hospital and they said they had faxed over the results the same day of the test. It was a very emotional week as the doctor had me convinced I had lung cancer. The technician went ahead and told my husband the results on the phone. She felt so bad about what we went through.

So in some cases, HIPPA violation or not, I think they may have thought it could have saved a life.

IDK - maybe it depends on the medical facility and possibly the size of the community might make a difference. I work for Mayo and it wouldn’t matter what was said that information would not be divulged and if it was the person would no longer have a job.

Yes and there’s the worst case I’ve ever read

HANNAH BARKER.

that is horrific. Heinous and inhuman.
My basis for not being the correct time is;

1. Allowing the proper time and emotions for grieving by family, friends and the community.

2. I worked as staff writing new law for 27 years.

Significant changes involving any emotional issue. IE guns abortion murder rape, should be done and changed through a very careful public process it should offer time for everyone to give an opinion. It is arduous to begin with and 100 times worse to correct a single stupid mistake.

Most importantly nothing will alter the statutes effective the moment the 3 were killed.

So in conclusion take the time to do it properly. Let public emotion settle down. Itherwuse ur is possible for tempers to flare and further pain and suffering occur.

I apologize for spelling. Hands aren’t good today.

I disagree. Its never too soon to talk about changing laws.

Changing the law won't affect CW's sentence but it might make the sentence tougher the next time a murderer takes the life of an unborn baby. The only way a changed law would affect this case would be a sense of justice for the family of that unborn child.

As for allowing the 'proper time' for grieving by the family, in this case, I strongly disagree. Especially since I lifted the petition from a very close family member's SM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadWiring