Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to shut it down for the night.

What a day...I am still stunned that Chris Watts is trying to use the most obviously made up alibi ever known to humankind.
See you all in the morning around 7:15 AM Mountain time.

Take care,
Tricia

Colorado man admits wife's murder, says she killed daughters

With Christopher Watts' approval, police searched the house and found his wife's cellphone stuffed inside a couch. Her purse was on a kitchen island and a suitcase was at the bottom of the stairs.

Watts first described the conversation with Shannan as civil but later told police that "they were both upset and crying" and she planned to go to a friend's house that day, the court papers said.

Watts, an operator with Anadarko Petroleum, said he loaded his wife and daughters' bodies into the back seat of his truck and drove to an oil work site about 40 miles (65 kilometers) east of the family's home.

The court filing says Watts gave police an aerial photograph of the area and identified three areas where he placed the bodies. Investigators used a drone to search the area and spotted a bed sheet that matched other linens in the family home, along with fresh dirt.

OT: Rest in peace, Mollie Tibbetts. :(

Re baby monitors. We have two Arlo and Nest. Both record. They both detect motion and alert and record with any movement. They are blue light at night. Also I can pull the recording up anytime the next few days. I don’t remember as we moved and haven’t set them up, but I believe I can save the recordings too.

If her suitcase was at the bottom of the stairs, then that lends itself to the theory that he ambushed and killed her right when she got home. She would have taken the suitcase upstairs when she got home, if only to get out medication (assuming she had lupus medication) and toiletries.

Re baby monitors. We have two Arlo and Nest. Both record. They both detect motion and alert and record with any movement. They are blue light at night.

Jumping off your post on the topic of the whole baby monitor thing... If it's late and dark, the monitor is not going to show a picture/live video in colour. It's going to be black and white or the blue colour as shown in a photo in previous thread which was from SW's facebook.

Good morning!

The most stunning thing to me about this entire ordeal is how sloppy CW was on his crime cover-up. As some of you have said, it seems that he wasn't expecting NU to care so much for her friend that she would come looking for her so early the next day.

I know this is neither here nor there but I just took a trip through SW's pictures again and, wow, they really DO look different! Some of those comparison (before/after Thrive) make him almost look like a different person. She was a beautiful woman both before AND after, but his looks really changed for the better. I still don't believe there is anything magical in this stuff, nothing that couldn't be achieved with regular old vitamins, exercise, and a healthy diet anyway, but they really did have some major changes in their lives over the past few years: weight loss, bigger house, new Lexus, lots of trips to sexy locations, attention from the Le-Vel community, etc.

Someone said that he was probably muscling up because he was cruising for women and I can totally see that. I wonder if, when he began slimming down and toning up, he started receiving more female attention and that went to his, er, head.

Like I said, none of that is neither here nor there. Just an observation. He's still a monster, she's still a victim, those two little angels still deserved better.

Looking through his old Instagram he ran a lot. I think that’s how he lost weight and the patches may have helped with the caffeine/energy part.

They do. I have a friend who sells something similar and they literally give them manuals with little calendars for the month. Each page has a list of various statuses and posts that they might want to consider sharing on that day.

CW's Instagram posts sound like they were copy and pasted from these manuals.

Jumping off your post on the topic of the whole baby monitor thing... If it's late and dark, the monitor is not going to show a picture/live video in colour. It's going to be black and white or the blue colour as shown in a photo in previous thread which was from SW's facebook.

Agreed. I made this point several posts ago.

Tuesday, August 21st:
*Hearing on Advisement (@ 10am MT) - CO – Shanann Watts (34) (was 15 wks pregnant), Celeste “CeCe” (3) & Bella (4) (Aug. 13, 2018; Shanann found 8/16/18 in open field, 2 girls found 8/17/18 in a crude oil tank) – Christopher Watts (33) arrested (8/15/18) & charged (8/20/18) on 3 counts of 1st degree murder, 2 counts of 1st degree murder of under age of 12 yrs old, 1 count of unlawfully terminating a pregnancy & 3 counts of tampering with evidence. Held without bond. Confessed to killing, but now blaming Shanann for killing 2 girls.

If her suitcase was at the bottom of the stairs, then that lends itself to the theory that he ambushed and killed her right when she got home. She would have taken the suitcase upstairs when she got home, if only to get out medication (assuming she had lupus medication) and toiletries.

I disagree. If I got home at 2AM, I would wait until the next day to lug my suitcase upstairs. I'd want to just slip quietly into bed. If she had medication it could have been in a smaller carry on, like they suggest you do with medications.

Good morning!

The most stunning thing to me about this entire ordeal is how sloppy CW was on his crime cover-up. As some of you have said, it seems that he wasn't expecting NU to care so much for her friend that she would come looking for her so early the next day.

I was surmising that his first priority was to hide the corpses as well as appearing "normal" and showing up for work on time, and that he would clean up after himself in afternoon when coming home from work maybe. So thankful that that very good friend rang the alarm so quickly!!

These threads move fast! Has anyone explained why he was fired on Wednesday, seemingly before it was known of his involvement?
I’m really really curious as to why he was fired? Could he have gone into a rage at work? Behavior change or just not done his job? Did someone complain to HR about possible flirting? We may never know.

Isn't that the day he confessed? That's probably when his employers learned of his affair and that the bodies were on the property.

I thought I read he was fired Wed and the bodies were found Thurs. From the affidavit, a 2 day investigation (starting Aug 14 - Tues) revealed the affair. The confession happened on the 16th - Thursday. Did Anadarko find out something sooner?

Was he fired before or after the murders? Apologies if I missed it. If before, how was he able to access the oil tanks? That’s a major lapse in security.

I debated about whether to post this or not because I didn't want to seem off-topic (particularly as a newbie to this great board but not new too sleuthing). But I think it actually is an important point.

When we follow these high-profile cases, I've noticed, in myself, a trend.

1. Someone(s) is missing.
2. Tearful family (or, in this case, not!) goes on TV.
3. You hope so much for the best but these things rarely have the happy endings we all desire.
4. Sleuthing begins. LE releases information. Theories are formed. The puzzle is attempted to be put together while, somehow, maintaining hope for the victims.

And now let me add a deliberate space here because the next part is always how it hits me, like a ton of bricks.

5. Bodies are found. Washed up on shore, in oil tanks, shallow graves.

Now everything is different in our sleuthing. Because hope for the victims is lost. But, more so, you feel the hurt, outraged, the deep desire for justice.

6. Now sleuthing is real in a way, before, it wasn't quite as much so. We have grown to know these people (videos, countless pictures, friends taking to media, social media) as much as we can know people we don't know. And to hear of their deaths and their suffering.....

What is my point here....just that in all my sleuthing, it's been a long time that this fast moving case has so disturbed, disgusted and bothered me to my core. I have a full life like all you do.

But to think that such evil can, and very much, exist.
Just right next door in a suburban neighborhood.

Please continue, I will too. I just had to vent because this is so under my skin and, as I said, I notice this trend with me.

I felt it when they found the remains of Caylee Anthony and am so sickened, yet once again by such a horrifying crimes that it defies any understanding, comprehension or humanity.

Thanks for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member