Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
] I've always loved her, she comes across as very passionate and unwilling to bend on things she feels strongly about. But once in awhile you could see her soft side. I come across as very gruff, direct, opinionated. But inside I'm a marshmallow. And w my nieces, nephews, own child, I pull out all the stops to see them happy.
I share this story, like, once a year but here it is...

We have a vacation home on a rather unpopular southern island. Two years ago I took my daughter out for yogurt at around 10 pm. It was almost her birthday. The place got packed while we were there so when a family of 4 (mother, grandma, 2 kids) came in, we scooted over on our litle couch and squeezed them in. My daughter took to the son and they played video games in the yogurt parlor for awhile and then later got on his mom's phone and played some games. I sat there and talked to the adults. They were super friendly. Had spent all day at the beach and we were all laughing about sunburns. The mother took to every kid in there. She had, like, child fever. She loved every kid who walked through the door. My daughter actually liked her a lot and she's pretty shy. We must have hung out with them for an hour or so. When it was time to leave, my daughter dropped her cup and spilled melted yogurt everywhere. Before I could even react, the other mother was on her hands and knees, wiping it up.

No kidding, we were in our vehicle and driving back to our house before I realized that we had just spent the evening with Nancy Grace and her family. I KNEW she looked familiar but without makeup, and in person, I thought she maybe just had one of those faces. When I got home, I got on FB and there she was on her page, posting pictures of the island.

Now, whenever my daughter sees her on TV, she always asks, "Why is the lady who cleaned up my ice cream so mad?"

I saw a totally different side of Nancy that night and my views about her softened. I would LOVE to see her on TV going into this dude. She may be many things but she seems to legit love kids.

That may be the case with some people, but she seemed to be extremely active and went to bed at that hour regularly. Regardless, she would not have left her phone downstairs. Unless she was sleeping downstairs?
SW was asked on sm what time she was usually in bed.
She stated usually 10:30-10:45 in bed and up at 4am.

His unconscious verbal is so telling!!!

I know right, also in his televised 'plea' for them to 'just come home,' and he could barely sleep at the house without the kids (paraphrase); that also makes no sense, I am sorry if this has been discussed here already; but he was without his wife and children in the home for 6 weeks prior to the few days they were home before he 'allegedly' murdered them.

So he was he able to sleep those 6 weeks without the girls or their mother in the house, but could not even 'be in the empty house' Monday and Tuesday night before he was arrested??

I agree. I think she's there. Look towards the end of the witness list for a person with no address. Has a work history in the oil industry, college degree in geology.

Is this about his work girlfriend because I am lacking info on her. Is it absolutely true that she was seeing CW? I read something yesterday, a post on here that said she might not have even known he was married but do not agree with that at all.
You would ask fellow employees about him as in just wanting to know about him. I can bet they all knew he was married with two little girls and a pregnant wife.

Thinking out loud. CW deleted his Facebook account a week ago. Doesn't he realize that his info from Facebook is NEVER going away-deleted or not? And just how in this world did CW have access to the oil tanks? He was able to climb up not ONE but TWO of them. Are we to believe they had no security surrounding those tanks?

After reading the shocking affidavit yesterday, I have to admit that I, too, was fooled by CW.
I did not think he was innocent; in fact, I thought he was guilty upon viewing his first interview.
But, there was something seemingly weak about him that led me to surmise that he had committed this heinous crime in the heat of the moment out of a twisted desire to keep his family together. I thought SW was the one who had gained financial independence and the confidence to leave the relationship.
Now knowing what we know from the affidavit, it makes me not only realize that I was wrong, but that CW is a worse monster than I ever imagined, because this crime was definitely premeditated and committed with the intent to make his family disappear.
1. I think CW attacked his wife and children while they were sleeping, or at least in bed. That's why he stripped the sheets (per affidavit).
2. Because of the short time frame (Shannon arrived home at almost 2 AM and we know he was loading up his truck around 5 AM, so an approximate 3-hour time frame per affidavit), I think CW killed his children 1st. They may have been in their beds when SW finally got home. My interpretation from the affidavit is that he put all 3 bodies into the backseat of his truck at once, and drove out to the oil field to dispose of them.
3. Also, as I've stated before, with SW being 3 hours late, why would CW proceed with the murders at that point if he didn't "have" to? Why not do it another night when he'd have more time to clean up/set the scene/dispose of the bodies? I believe he'd started by killing the girls and had to finish the crime by attacking his wife.
4. I hate to even talk about this, but frankly, strangulation is not a quick or easy death. I'm actually a bit surprised that he didn't smother them instead, because he could cover their sweet, innocent faces with a pillow and not be looking at his babies as he literally choked the life out of them. That right there is seriously disturbing. Add to that the fact that CW didn't do it just 1x, but was able to do it over and over 3x!! Think about that! And then to dispose of their bodies that way...
(From Wikipedia: "In cases of airway compression, manual strangling leads to the frightening sensation of air hunger and may induce violent struggling.")

That is exactly what I was thinking. He looks meek and sure fooled me. I was definitely thinking he snapped and killed the babies and then killed SW when she lost it at what he had done. I hope he does not fool the jury one bit.

Thinking out loud. CW deleted his Facebook account a week ago. Doesn't he realize that his info from Facebook is NEVER going away-deleted or not? And just how in this world did CW have access to the oil tanks? He was able to climb up not ONE but TWO of them. Are we to believe they had no security surrounding those tanks?

Many of those sites are in not populated areas at all. You could dance on top of the tanks and no one would know the difference unless they all have camera's which I do not have that info. They are all over the place and the farther east you go the more there are. I believe I read this morning that he put them in tanks 40 miles east of their location.

PLEASE, lets not sleuth the person with whom he was having an affair: a) there is no reason whatsoever to think they have any knowledge/information about what happened (yet) & b) it’s against TOS & I don’t want us to get the thread closed down.

I thought I read he was fired Wed and the bodies were found Thurs. From the affidavit, a 2 day investigation (starting Aug 14 - Tues) revealed the affair. The confession happened on the 16th - Thursday. Did Anadarko find out something sooner?
I'm guessing CW, as an employee of Anadarko, had to scan a badge of some sort to gain entry into the oil fields. Police were probably able to verify his date and time of entry, and, per the affidavit, a quick overhead search of the property revealed a bed sheet (which police later identified as matching sheets in the Watts home) and freshly turned soil (where SW was later found to be buried). My guess is when CW was presented with this, he soon folded. He knew he was caught.

I know right, also in his televised 'plea' for them to 'just come home,' and he could barely sleep at the house without the kids (paraphrase); that also makes no sense, I am sorry if this has been discussed here already; but he was without his wife and children in the home for 6 weeks prior to the few days they were home before he 'allegedly' murdered them.

So he was he able to sleep those 6 weeks without the girls or their mother in the house, but could not even 'be in the empty house' Monday and Tuesday night before he was arrested??
Maybe he was spending lots of those nights when she was gone w/ kids at his girlfriend's home.
I think this guy is someone who 'needs' to be hooked up w/ a
female. Insecure type. Doesn't do well on his own.
Probably latched onto gf fast and hard. Too much too soon type.
Having a gf. in the wings gave him the courage to wipe out his family. Bridge- to the next relationship. They don't leave the
one they have until they have the next one in line to jump too.
Very, very common for these selfish, weak, insecure men.

NU or otherwise known as NA has 48 minutes ago on Facebook has posted the following:
"Going off Facebook for awhile... if you have messaged me I will get back to you eventually. If you have Friend in Me please message me and tell me why."

I believe it is because of the backlash she has received (warranted backlash and appropriate scrutiny IMO) about her promoting her business via SW's memory.

Were Colorado girls strangled? Father’s lawyers requested DNA swabs from children’s necks.

A motion filed Friday by attorneys defending CW asks that DNA samples be taken from the children’s necks. The document cites an expert who argued that DNA would still be present on the bodies — even though they had been submerged in crude oil for four days before they were found — but that evidence would be lost once the autopsies were performed.

DNA expert Richard Eikelenboom said that the hands of the children, as well as the hands and nails of their mother should all be sampled as well. He and defense attorneys did not seek swabs from the mother’s neck.

This suggests that Shannan may not have been strangled.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/true-crime/wp/2018/08/18/were-colorado-girls-strangled-fathers-lawyers-requested-dna-swabs-from-childrens-necks/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.0d22f65d1831

Sorry in advance for the long post. I’ve read a few hundred pages since early this morning and have some things to say.

1. I watched all 2 hours of Ashleigh Banfield last night where she covered the Watts case with her 4 guests. She’s easier to take than Nancy Grace, although I’m a big fan of hers.

2. There was a brief interview at the salon Shannan’s mother has in NC. The last day of her visit, the entire family (including Chris) came in for haircuts. One of the hairdressers interviewed said that Shannan had spoken of separating from her husband and that he was having an affair.
It would seem that “hubby’s” statement that he told her of the separation and affair came at about 4 AM on the 13th could be totally bogus. Plus, I have no doubt that Shannan told her family about her situation. I am glad the family is not speaking out. They will be very valuable witnesses to debunk that story.

3. There is no way that Shannan would kill her children in revenge.

4. Shannon had both fibromyalgia and lupus. Both cause terrible exhaustion and pain when flaring. I only have fibro and it can be hard to function for days, even weeks, when it is flaring. I’m sure other posters here are in a similar position. I can’t imagine how hard she pushed herself physically to be the perfect wife.

5. I believe her “patches” that held so much caffeine helped keep her going. However, I doubt any MD would recommend such dosages during pregnancy. I’d like to know exactly what her blood work will show.

6. The family was in horrendous financial shape. Their mortgage took up $36,000 of their estimated family income of $90,000. They were being sued by the HOA. Chris knew darn well he couldn’t afford a divorce and child support for 3 children. His motives for murder are powerful and not at all unusual.

DNA expert Richard Eikelenboom said that the hands of the children, as well as the hands and nails of their mother should all be sampled as well. He and defense attorneys did not seek swabs from the mother’s neck.

CW admitted to strangling his wife per the affidavit.

Were Colorado girls strangled? Father’s lawyers requested DNA swabs from children’s necks.

A motion filed Friday by attorneys defending CW asks that DNA samples be taken from the children’s necks. The document cites an expert who argued that DNA would still be present on the bodies — even though they had been submerged in crude oil for four days before they were found — but that evidence would be lost once the autopsies were performed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/true-crime/wp/2018/08/18/were-colorado-girls-strangled-fathers-lawyers-requested-dna-swabs-from-childrens-necks/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.0d22f65d1831

This is the defense's attempt to prove SW's DNA is on the girls necks. CW admitted to strangling SW.

In regards to him being fired it was said that he was given a drug test at work and it came up positive for cocaine. That that is the reason he was fired. It’s also said Nicole claimed he wanted nothing to do with the media at first but was talked into doing the interview.

WOW! i actually joined this site just to add that in all of his recent photos his pupils appear to be "pinned out" a sign of opiate abuse.. pure speculation from someone who deals with opiate addicts on a daily basis but i think drugs are involved for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734