Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be very interesting to see if CW sent SW text messages, after she was dead, to cover his crime. Stuff like, "Please don't leave with the kids.". To create his cover story. Before the police became involved.

That would really put a wrench in his story...

It sounds like he admitted to texting her the following day when he was at work.

"While he was at work, “I texted her a few times, called her, but I didn’t get a response,” Chris Watts told the news network. “That was a little off.” He said he checked his doorbell camera and saw that a friend had come to the home about noon and no one answered, which concerned him."
Shanann Watts: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

thank goodness for (among other things) him being SO dumb. it would have taken him THREE extra seconds to also grab her purse and the sheets and dump ALL that in the oil tank with those poor babies, supposedly never to be seen again. even though i believe he planned to come home and stage the scene and nickole foiled his plan, his lack of foresight is astonishing. has he NEVER watched a crime show? FFS.

Exactly!
LE has access to your FB account, they can read everything your friends can read, so nothing you think is private or "friends only" is actually private and they also have access to your messages if need be. If you close your FB down it's still all recorded, everything you ever write is accessible by LE if they ask FB for it. I am talking YEARS here, since you opened your FB account--- not trying to create paranoia here, but it's true. I won't reveal how I know this but I will say I have seen that access.
I am sure he was corresponding with his mistress via social media and I would imagine that LE easily found it. They probably had her name before he confessed, wayyy before.

It's hard to decipher because I'm not sure of the house layout. If I had to guess, I would say he either hid it there so she couldn't call for help, or she took it there. I imagine that they had a huge blow out argument when she arrived home. Maybe she mentioned triggers (ie child support/financial ties/horrible husband and father) they took a breather like he mentioned, but she went to lay on the couch.

If she knew he had been having an affair, why would she want to sleep in a bed the mistress might have been in? He might have followed her and continued the argument, the phone slipped between cushions. Maybe that couch is where he became physical with her.

When I have a fight with my significant other, I often take sheets out of the closet and make up a couch and sleep on the couch instead of in the same bed. Perhaps that is why the sheets that were mentioned possibly were different than the ones that were at the foot of the master bed? And also the other pillow cases and another sheet was found somewhere in the trash in the house? It is because it did not match the master bedroom sheets perhaps, it was another set of sheets that she brought out when she was sleeping in the Loft area?

SaguaroSpirit said:
Didn't CW say about the "emotional conversation" because the neighbors could hear a loud argument? To explain that away?
Oh, no I don't remember hearing that. Hmm. That may change my theory then.
I have read numerous reports about CW saying they had an emotional conversation but I have not read about the neighbors could hear a loud argument. Is there a news link to this?

Thank you! I was wondering how it worked. It seemed from her videos that it wasn't straight up paid for and was going to look on their site to she how it worked. At one point she was checking online for flight prices etc. for one of the THRIVE trips even though at one point she said it was paid for...

maybe we should put some of these MLM/Thrive reports in the media thread as they keep coming up?

try these links - there's loads more out there which explain the aspects of it. It's all new to me.

Allegedly they take $800/mo from their earnings for the car ( which can be leased much cheaper)
Allegedly - the supplements are 6 times the price, per month , of better qual alternatives
Allegedly for the “Lifestyle Getaway vacations” covers 50% of the trip
Allegedly The company also requires a minimum purchase of about $100/month
Allegedly there are some issues with the stimulants in some of the supplements which some people exp side-effects with.

there's more to it and if you get through the links you'll see why I'm posting "Allegedly"

Le Vel Thrive Real Deal Or Fancy Garbage With A Pinch Of Health?

Le-Vel Sues Lazy Man And Money - Ethan Vanderbuilt

An Unbiased Review of Level Thrive - Ancestral Nutrition

SaguaroSpirit said:
Didn't CW say about the "emotional conversation" because the neighbors could hear a loud argument? To explain that away?

I have read numerous reports about CW saying they had an emotional conversation but I have not read about the neighbors could hear a loud argument. Is there a news link to this?

I briefly looked but didn't see one - doesn't mean that SaguaroSpirit is wrong though. But, those houses are detached. They aren't like condos/townhomes that share walls. So that would be a very loud argument to be heard across the yards and into someone elses home.

thank goodness for (among other things) him being SO dumb. it would have taken him THREE extra seconds to also grab her purse and the sheets and dump ALL that in the oil tank with those poor babies, supposedly never to be seen again. even though i believe he planned to come home and stage the scene and nickole foiled his plan, his lack of foresight is astonishing. has he NEVER watched a crime show? FFS.

This is exactly why I don't think it was premeditated. The crime scenes are chaotic. He didn't have time. This why I also think SW was not murdered right when she stepped in the house. If she had been, he would have had enough time. I think he waited for her to go to sleep.

I thought the video was staged...part of the Happy Families selling point. And , in my opinion, in a passive aggressive way...he got in a little dig at her...”If YOU want something bad enough, it happens.”

If he was falling in love and planning an exit, this pregnancy would have galled him. Having to participate in a phoney FB video for her business, one that he would have to explain to his new love interest, might have had him seething.

I see him as “the Mouse that roared.” Anger just building and building. For all we know, he might have had a rough time with the kids (in his mind) and the flight delay kept him from being “off duty” and being able to go to bed...and his anger and resentment exploded.

She was lovely, with a vibrant personality...and my guess is that for years he was content for her to be the dominant partner. But, now he’d buffed up, and he felt like he could be someone else...but had to be with someone new. I think he had a lot of simmering resentment...but how could Shanann know this? Things that were once endearing or appreciated in a relationship suddenly become the very things your partner resents about you....

Dunno...but that’s how it seems to me.

But, why, why...the children???

i 100% agree with this

This is exactly why I don't think it was premeditated. The crime scenes are chaotic. He didn't have time. This why I also think SW was not murdered right when she stepped in the house. If she had been, he would have had enough time. I think he waited for her to go to sleep.

except the flight delay threw it off. i believe it was premeditated completely.

It was a huge red flag from the beginning that CW left his home and asked to stay with friends when his family was missing. If ones family is truly missing, one would be glued to the spot they were last seen alive awaiting their arrival home. IMO
In one of the news reports it said he was staying there because police were searching his home

maybe we should put some of these MLM/Thrive reports in the media thread as they keep coming up?

try these links - there's loads more out there which explain the aspects of it. It's all new to me.

Allegedly they take $800/mo from their earnings for the car ( which can be leased much cheaper)
Allegedly - the supplements are 6 times the price, per month , of better qual alternatives
Allegedly for the “Lifestyle Getaway vacations” covers 50% of the trip
Allegedly The company also requires a minimum purchase of about $100/month
Allegedly there are some issues with the stimulants in some of the supplements which some people exp side-effects with.

there's more to it and if you get through the links you'll see why I'm posting "Allegedly"

Le Vel Thrive Real Deal Or Fancy Garbage With A Pinch Of Health?

Le-Vel Sues Lazy Man And Money - Ethan Vanderbuilt

An Unbiased Review of Level Thrive - Ancestral Nutrition
Thank you

I definitely think she was asleep. He definitely didnt have time. I think he didn't think for a second that her friend would report her missing so quickly. I think he planned to go to work like usual so nothing looks suspicious, come home, then stage the scene and claim he was "so busy looking for her" before calling police. That was his plan and it backfired.

I’m a licensed Realtor in another state but I can pull the deeds for their home in Colorado. I see they purchased directly from the builder on 4/30/2013. The purchase price was $399,954 and they obtained an FHA loan in the amount of $392,709 At the outset, everything is in CW’s name holding title as a “married man”.

Then on June 4, 2013 a Quit Claim Deed was done and the title shows SW & CW as joint tenants.

It makes perfect sense that at the time they filed BK, the loan would not have decreased. $400k sounds right on.

Thank you for checking on this. Sounds like there was not much of a down payment.

To those not familiar, FHA insured loans are a type of federal assistance and allow “lower-income” buyers to borrow money for the purchase of a home that they would not otherwise be able to afford.

Why they would buy a $400,000 dollar home with their income at that time is highly questionable.

This also leads me to believe any money SW got from the sale of her NC house may have gone to pay down debt.

They filed for bankruptcy 2 years later. Many of the debts were medical bills & department store cards, which I believe were likely SW’s debt. Perhaps important info when framing CW’s state of mind towards his wife, their financial state, and what may have been about to happen with their home & HOA.

That would have ran the in debt couple about 1k out of pocket as she doesn't fit the qualifications IMO. Usually that's only covered by insurance for people over the age of 35, or where some chromosomal abnormalities are indicated by the birth of a previous child....or the last one may be possible, her first ultra sound was abnormal. I cannot see why a family struggling so hard would opt to drop money on this test when you can wait a few more weeks. What was the rush?
She suffered from lupus, so that put her in a high-risk pregnancy category.

In one of the news reports it said he was staying there because police were searching his home

No, he claimed in a media interview early on (one sec, I will see if I can find it) that he needed to stay with friends because "he couldn't stand sleeping in a quiet house" or something ridiculous like that.

EDIT: This was his exact quote. Sorry.

"“I’m just hoping right now that she’s somewhere safe…” he told the news station. “Like, this house is not the same. Last night was traumatic. Last night was – I can’t really stay in this house again with nobody here.”
Shanann Watts: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Hello, new to Websleuths! Something about this case that hit me was a similarity with Laci/Scott Peterson. When they married Laci said she never wanted children and Scott agreed. When SW and CW got together, she was sick with Lupus to where pregnancy was thought to not be possible. Seems to me not desiring fatherhood is a connecting link between these two killers. I wonder if the new baby was what pushed him to murder.

Hi - I'm another new member...compelled by this case to join. Thanks for accepting me into the web sleuths community.

I was wondering if anyone remembers mention of LE finding CW's truck 2 blocks away? From their house? i swear i read something about this early on....please forgive me if my memory fails.

Also was wondering if anyone else finds CW's and SW's comments (or hashtags) on SM overwhelming...."i went to bed at 2 and woke up at 6 and had tons of energy..." "went on a run when I got home after a long work day" almost like trying to impress upon SM 'friends' that they were superhuman? Wondering if having to keep up with the SM 'appearance' of success and happiness got to be too much for CW? While SW found happiness in the thrive community maybe CW thought of it as one more 'thing i have to do' and resented her/it? I know when my kiddos were little if i had said i felt great and well-rested i would have definitely been lying. There is NO justification for CW's horrendous actions...am trying to think of what (besides co worker affair and potential money issues) could lead to CW snapping and killing the family that on SM he seemed so devoted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB