CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if what he says is true, he was standing in a house with three strangled victims, he just lost his daughters and took his wife and unborn child’s lives. We don’t know what the mind does at that point, but I think it’s very likely that he had two bad option... call police and be blamed or hastily get rid of everything and take a chance. This of course led to many mistakes.

Yes, because that is such a natural thing to do, isn't it?
And dump them in crude oil?

I also believe the onerous debt and phoney affluent lifestyle charade did play a part in this tragedy.

I believe C.W. has actually convinced himself that SW IS responsible for the children’s deaths. He knows that HE killed them, but he may believe it’s a “See what you made me do!” scenario. I do think he’s the “mouse that roared.” I think he had come to feel that HE was mistreated and used. He may have felt that this pregnancy and her “business” were spiraling them deeper and deeper into financial abyss. I think he blames her for his rage that led to his crime.

He’s just adjusting his story to sell it to a jury. Pitiful.

Reading through their social media, he talks about doing the vacuuming and mopping. He is left alone for 5 weeks while she takes off...and then she’s off again...and he’s left with the children. Shanann...unfortunately...constantly emphasized about how her job isn’t “work”but partying, traveling, making calls by a resort pool. Maybe she inadvertently convinced him that this job was more about HER fun times and it may have been costing them more than she brought in. (Google LeVel reviews for some additional insight.)

Maybe he was seething that he works a traditional job all day and is still cleaning and babysitting...and he may have started believing that HER job was not only getting them further in debt but putting more demands on HIS free time.

I’m not justifying his attitudes...if he had them. But their social media certainly could be interpreted to support such a supposition.

In that long video where she goes from inside the house out to the patio, SW is recruiting new people to her team...talking about her “success.” But she’s standing outside a $400,000 home probably entailed in a bankruptcy...giving a false impression in order to lead others into this “business” to enhance her own profit. She is the picture of affluence when she knows nothing could be farther from the truth. “Work for me and you will have all the free time, free travel, and free luxury cars that your heart desires! “ Did she really believe this? Was she so besotted by her new”status” that she had lost objectivity about the state of their finances?

Had he always let her be the head of the household?

Being respectful of the dead does not mean deifying them. We cant learn from these crimes if we immediately make the victim angelic and above reproach and the accused a “monster.” This is a monstrous crime..but what toxic combination of personalities/events brought them to it?

Nothing is that black and white. There are lots of borderline personalities etc...lots of narcissism individuals in marriages...but what are the triggers that create the tragic and toxic pathways to this kind of horror? If we just assume total perfection by the victim, total evil by the accused...we shut down avenues that might lead to prevention.

And before anyone posts this...no one deserves just a horrific end. This is not about “deserving.” I am curious about the elements that make these relationships combustible. It is naive to believe it is just pure evil vs pure perfection. SW didnt think C.W. was pure evil all the years they lived together. Yet he became so that night in their home.

I could vote for the death penalty for him at this point. But I am still curious. I doubt that in a million years, SW would ever have predicted he would do this to her or her babies.

yes I think Mary, it's been sensitive because we've had a couple of instances of pure trolling within the last couple of days on the threads. ( ie. there's a big difference to posts where pple are sincerely looking at all the possibilities vs just posting inflammatory stuff to get a rise out of people.)

So I enjoyed reading your opinions in this post.

Had he always let her be the head of the household.
I see cause for the breakdown of their marriage, here, starting with him taking the huge pay cut when he got laid off. I think it’s possible that she resented the fact that he wasn’t earning what he used to, and it probably ate away at his “manhood.” I can’t imagine he liked it much with her going on and on about how successful she was. The bills must have piled up, and that certainly puts a strain on a marriage.

Family annihilators are fascinating to me, because I don't think the research is completely accurate. It seems like family annihilators are becoming increasingly more prevalent, unless it is just more knowledge about the syndrome.

I'm curious, why do you think the research is inaccurate? What piece is missing for you?

I don't think this is becoming more prevalent, but I think with the 24-hour, global news cycle, and increased awareness of domestic violence as a societal problem, not just a "private, family tragedy" we are hearing more about it. Some posters have spoken about Jeffrey MacDonald; that was what, the 60s or 70s? But that would be a very interesting thing to compile statistics on and find out for sure.

He was talking to the other guy, responded appropriately when Shannann hailed himbon the video. Wearing a man-necklace.

He looked bored, if anything but I didnt get miserable out of it

I don't have a video, only a pic... and LOL he is wearing a man necklace (sorry tee hee that is funny in and of itself that you phrased in that way ha!!) being beckoned by the woman he despises enough to murder her and their entire family, I would think this is the definition of being miserable. IMO in most of his recent photos/videos he looks miserable and dark. His eyes are dead.

I think like someone else posted a few threads back - that it was in the back of the truck and flew out.
I wonder how that poster knew the sheet "flew out" of his truck....and in an unusual location at that. Did LE release that info? I didn't hear it in CW's interview. Was that reported in MSM? That sheet is causing us some confusion. Please explain.

He was talking to the other guy, responded appropriately when Shannann hailed him on the video. Wearing a man-necklace.

He looked bored, if anything but I didnt get miserable out of it

OK - now I get it. That shot was just a still from a clip.

No, probably not, but it sure does make more sense than him leaving it there knowingly.
He just wasn’t thinking. Even if he left it in the back of the truck. Should have folded it up and put it in the cab.

I also believe the onerous debt and phoney affluent lifestyle charade did play a part in this tragedy.

I believe C.W. has actually convinced himself that SW IS responsible for the children’s deaths. He knows that HE killed them, but he may believe it’s a “See what you made me do!” scenario. I do think he’s the “mouse that roared.” I think he had come to feel that HE was mistreated and used. He may have felt that this pregnancy and her “business” were spiraling them deeper and deeper into financial abyss. I think he blames her for his rage that led to his crime.

He’s just adjusting his story to sell it to a jury. Pitiful.

Reading through their social media, he talks about doing the vacuuming and mopping. He is left alone for 5 weeks while she takes off...and then she’s off again...and he’s left with the children. Shanann...unfortunately...constantly emphasized about how her job isn’t “work”but partying, traveling, making calls by a resort pool. Maybe she inadvertently convinced him that this job was more about HER fun times and it may have been costing them more than she brought in. (Google LeVel reviews for some additional insight.)

Maybe he was seething that he works a traditional job all day and is still cleaning and babysitting...and he may have started believing that HER job was not only getting them further in debt but putting more demands on HIS free time.

I’m not justifying his attitudes...if he had them. But their social media certainly could be interpreted to support such a supposition.

In that long video where she goes from inside the house out to the patio, SW is recruiting new people to her team...talking about her “success.” But she’s standing outside a $400,000 home probably entailed in a bankruptcy...giving a false impression in order to lead others into this “business” to enhance her own profit. She is the picture of affluence when she knows nothing could be farther from the truth. “Work for me and you will have all the free time, free travel, and free luxury cars that your heart desires! “ Did she really believe this? Was she so besotted by her new”status” that she had lost objectivity about the state of their finances?

Had he always let her be the head of the household?

Being respectful of the dead does not mean deifying them. We cant learn from these crimes if we immediately make the victim angelic and above reproach and the accused a “monster.” This is a monstrous crime..but what toxic combination of personalities/events brought them to it?

Nothing is that black and white. There are lots of borderline personalities etc...lots of narcissism individuals in marriages...but what are the triggers that create the tragic and toxic pathways to this kind of horror? If we just assume total perfection by the victim, total evil by the accused...we shut down avenues that might lead to prevention.

And before anyone posts this...no one deserves just a horrific end. This is not about “deserving.” I am curious about the elements that make these relationships combustible. It is naive to believe it is just pure evil vs pure perfection. SW didnt think C.W. was pure evil all the years they lived together. Yet he became so that night in their home.

I could vote for the death penalty for him at this point. But I am still curious. I doubt that in a million years, SW would ever have predicted he would do this to her or her babies.

Totally & completely agree with you, St Mary!! <<virtual high 5>>

Close to the children that he dumped in filthy crude oil?

I don't know that is the way he would look at it in that state of mind. He may have simply felt he needed to put them somewhere close by so they would always be with him.

I've been lurking and liking for 7.5 threads now. Not been so horrified/hooked since the Helen Bailey & Boris tragedy (nice to see Cottonweaver And others' valuable pearls of wisdom scattered across the threads in between the erm less salient opinions).

I keep up with the thread during bathroom breaks at work and while queueing. I sleep less. My heart is broken for this family and I worry how long it might take for justice to be fully served.

I have experienced a covert narcissist's narcissistic fury first-hand where my own mother switched from a loving, supportive (but controlling) person into a banshee unleashing a torrent of abuse listing my 'crimes' for the past 18 months. She also told me she'd been planning to 'have it out with me' for some time.

I do think CW fits this personality profile as mentioned by many other posters. I think his resentment had been building for some time and he planned to have it out with her when she returned or something triggered an episode of narcissistic rage wherein he perceived loss of control. It wouldn't surprise me if he starts denying things he's previously recorded as saying. A narcissist is never at fault and will believe their own BS to the point of abject denial.

I'm not adding anything new here - probably just compelled to post as there's no new info to digest! All JMO.

I’m sorry people are commenting on parenting style based on one fbook video. Really? Why are we blaming the victim here. We have no idea what her parenting style was and a a video that is several
Minutes isn’t going to tell us that.

I am sorry, but I find that unbelievable.

I respect that you find it unbelievable. It seems unbelievable to type. But he may have put them there to keep them warm. As for SW, he may have felt less concern given what happen at the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwoForJoy