CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and he doesn't seem to be doing that now that he has been caught. Now he looks concerned, with no nervous laughter.
If he laughs nervously when he is upset, why not now?

Because no one believed his story. Now he just has the grim reality of what he is accused of.

This reminds me of a conversation we had in Mollie's thread over what time you consider to be "evening" and "late evening." LOL

It is interesting that you consider "girlfriend" more intimate, because I think just the opposite. No particular reason, just the word I'm used to using, I guess. I don't think it really matters much.

I have also wondered if it was just a fling. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but the affidavit says, "A two day investigation revealed that Chris was actively involved in an affair with a co-worker..." The words "actively" and "affair" indicate that it was not just a fling, but an ongoing relationship.
I took "actively" to mean the woman used present tense to describe the relationship--"We are seeing each other." It'll be revealing when more details are released to see how the affair might've played into his decision-making.

Sondra Miller

Have not seen this photo yet....he really looks like he cannot be bothered here.....

I guess that's the San Diego Thrive trip then? What's he doing to her neck?
The co-worker(?) seems like she's wondering the same thing.

( Doesn't look like he's applying sun cream when you zoom. )

Excellent post and I’m sort of on the same page as you. However, that house was a super-appreciating asset. At some time between 2015 and 2018, they could’ve sold the place, paid down debt, and moved into an apartment with a decent credit score. 2014 valuation 376k. 2015 valuation 444k. 2016 valuation 444k. 2017 valuation 485k. 2018 valuation 485k.

I was shopping for houses in northern Colorado, Frederick/Firestone/Erie on up north to Fort Collins in 2016 -2017. Prices just kept rising with people bidding up. Based on my experience, their house would’ve been bid up to over 500k in 2017, 2018.

I see no financial strategy with not paying HOA dues, since Colorado is a superlien state. They had the ability to regroup after the BK and sell the darn place and either downsize, rent a house, or rent an apartment. All of this would’ve salvaged and rebuilt their credit score.
But isn't there something in a bankruptcy that doesn't let you sell your house if its listed in the bankruptcy? Like, if they could have walked away with over $100,000, wouldn't they have already?

Agreed. I think we don't even know the half of it. Hopefully it is not like the Jodi Arias trial where we wait and sit through her being on the stand for 18 days trying to get to the point where she tells us WTF happened only for her to claim she was in a "fog". I, like everyone else, want answers, not for me personally, but for the family. For Shanann, for the girls, they deserve justice. I want CW to own it, I want him to come clean and say what happened. Sadly I don't think that is going to happen. But for the families sake I do hope they get some closure. My heart goes out to them.
I don't think he will come clean either. He is probably singing "No jury will convict me". No doubt he will claim PTSD regarding the babies in the oil tanks. He is a male version of Jodi Arias.

I guess that's the San Diego Thrive trip then? What's he doing to her neck?
The co-worker(?) seems like she's wondering the same thing.

( Doesn't look like he's applying sun cream when you zoom. )

He looks miserable.

When I mentioned this case to my wife and asked her thoughts- the first thing she said was he probably told the affair that him and the wife were distanced and NOT sleeping together. Her being pregnant ruined that.

What about leaving that sheet behind at the worksite? Why? Something had to have interrupted him, or maybe he just got scared, stopped thinking, had to get away from there, and ran. That was stupid, too.

What about leaving that sheet behind at the worksite? Why? Something had to have interrupted him, or maybe he just got scared, stopped thinking, had to get away from there, and ran. That was stupid, too.
I think like someone else posted a few threads back - that it was in the back of the truck and flew out.

I have done the exact same thing. Showing my kids the storm and explaining it to them lessened their fear.

Yes, I have done the same.

And my 3 yr old granddaughter's bedtime is essentially 6:30 as well. At 6:30 sharp she has to be in her room, in her pjs, and ready with the books she wants for storytime. & 7 pm is lights out. My son and DIL are fantastic parents. But if a young child is busy and engaged for a full day, they are ready for sleep by 7 pm. as are the parents...lol

When I mentioned this case to my wife and asked her thoughts- the first thing she said was he probably told the affair that him and the wife were distanced and NOT sleeping together. Her being pregnant ruined that.
Not really. He could have said it wasn't his. My ex did that when he cheated on me while I was pregnant. I found out later.

I really wonder about the messaging during her trip.
I don't understand what he was doing not taking at least a few minutes extra to get rid of/hide her stuff.

Maybe he planned to put her cell phone and purse in her car and drive it somewhere, either to hide it or to make it look like she was abducted.

I wonder if she drove to NC?

I wonder if he was smart enough to text or call her phone after he knew she was dead to show he was trying to reach her like he said he was?

What do you think about the silence of the mistress/GF/AP what ever she is?... This is a case that is getting national and international attention. Why not come forward?...why not lawyer up and say something to clear your name as a preemptive attempt to clear your name?... Because once it does comes out publicly, and it will, she is in for a bumpy ride. (Justly or not, the public will have an opinion and I am thinking it will not be a good one...)

I also believe the onerous debt and phoney affluent lifestyle charade did play a part in this tragedy.

I believe C.W. has actually convinced himself that SW IS responsible for the children’s deaths. He knows that HE killed them, but he may believe it’s a “See what you made me do!” scenario. I do think he’s the “mouse that roared.” I think he had come to feel that HE was mistreated and used. He may have felt that this pregnancy and her “business” were spiraling them deeper and deeper into financial abyss. I think he blames her for his rage that led to his crime.

He’s just adjusting his story to sell it to a jury. Pitiful.

Reading through their social media, he talks about doing the vacuuming and mopping. He is left alone for 5 weeks while she takes off...and then she’s off again...and he’s left with the children. Shanann...unfortunately...constantly emphasized about how her job isn’t “work”but partying, traveling, making calls by a resort pool. Maybe she inadvertently convinced him that this job was more about HER fun times and it may have been costing them more than she brought in. (Google LeVel reviews for some additional insight.)

Maybe he was seething that he works a traditional job all day and is still cleaning and babysitting...and he may have started believing that HER job was not only getting them further in debt but putting more demands on HIS free time.

I’m not justifying his attitudes...if he had them. But their social media certainly could be interpreted to support such a supposition.

In that long video where she goes from inside the house out to the patio, SW is recruiting new people to her team...talking about her “success.” But she’s standing outside a $400,000 home probably entailed in a bankruptcy...giving a false impression in order to lead others into this “business” to enhance her own profit. She is the picture of affluence when she knows nothing could be farther from the truth. “Work for me and you will have all the free time, free travel, and free luxury cars that your heart desires! “ Did she really believe this? Was she so besotted by her new”status” that she had lost objectivity about the state of their finances?

Had he always let her be the head of the household?

Being respectful of the dead does not mean deifying them. We cant learn from these crimes if we immediately make the victim angelic and above reproach and the accused a “monster.” This is a monstrous crime..but what toxic combination of personalities/events brought them to it?

Nothing is that black and white. There are lots of borderline personalities etc...lots of narcissism individuals in marriages...but what are the triggers that create the tragic and toxic pathways to this kind of horror? If we just assume total perfection by the victim, total evil by the accused...we shut down avenues that might lead to prevention.

And before anyone posts this...no one deserves just a horrific end. This is not about “deserving.” I am curious about the elements that make these relationships combustible. It is naive to believe it is just pure evil vs pure perfection. SW didnt think C.W. was pure evil all the years they lived together. Yet he became so that night in their home.

I could vote for the death penalty for him at this point. But I am still curious. I doubt that in a million years, SW would ever have predicted he would do this to her or her babies.

What do you think about the silence of the mistress/GF/AP what ever she is?... This is a case that is getting national and international attention. Why not come forward?...why not lawyer up and say something to clear your name as a preemptive attempt to clear your name?... Because once it does comes out publicly, and it will, she is in for a bumpy ride. (Justly or not, the public will have an opinion and I am thinking it will not be a good one...)

Well, there ya go. It is a no-win situation for her any way you look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop