CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to this forum and have tried to catch up on everything that is being said. My brother questioned NA's reaction the same as you all are and I'll clarify for you as well. Shanann stayed in contact with her team religiously, she had a planner in which she scheduled out her entire day with phone calls, training, conferences etc. Those on her team that were seriously in it to hit ranks stayed in constant contact ALL THE TIME. We become like family and NA was one of the closest to Shan and one of her best promotors. They were always in contact. What CW said in his interview about her talking to her people more consistently was accurate. As far as plane tickets, for the company trips (vacations) and whatnot, those got paid for by the company because of her rank. Yes CW had his car bonus as well as her. This is from someone who knew her and very much adored her. Just trying to clear up some quick things I caught but I have not read through all 48 pages

I am so sorry for your loss.

Me, too. Thinking maybe Shanann promised to call her as soon as she found out the gender, she didn’t, so Nicole called the doctor, but would a doctor give out that information?

I think it's been published in mainstream media so it's okay to answer if you know the answer, but what was the doctor visit for? A gender determination? I thought they already knew that is the name of the baby has been published as Nicko by her brother previously on these threads? I'm confused.

Could the doctors appointment that SW had scheduled that day she was reported missing be related to the gender reveal announcement party that up coming weekend?
In interview below, NA referred to the baby as "he or she" so that sounds like the gender may have been scheduled to be determined that day for SW.
I thought it was tradition for the mother and father not to know the sex of the child until the reveal so that would make sense that NA was there to obtain the sex of child and keep it secret until the reveal. Someone needed to know the sex of the child to make the cake, put pink or blue in balloons etc etc. so that makes sense it would have been a friend of SW to have that honor.
The only issue is that SW's brother said she was having a boy so SW may have already known the sex of unborn child. Or did SW know?
Her brother said the name was to be Nico, so SW must have told him that name or could someone else told the family that name after the deaths possibly told by a friend of SW?
The name Nico could have been chosen before SW even knew the sex of child because it is a gender neutral name and Nico could be a male or female baby name.
Or, is it possible based on document below which indicates that CW killed the unborn child first which resulted in SW's death? Could the child have been removed from SW body somehow and LE told SW family the sex of the child?

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profil...-chris-watts-was-arrested-for-familys-murder/

Attachments

• chris watts.png
    chris watts.png
    568.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited by a moderator:
I live in a town where everyone knows each other. If a friend knew I had an appt that morning and hadn't been able to get in touch with me, I could see this:

Friend calling doc: Hey, I've been trying to reach Mtnlites all morning. She's not answering and I'm worried about her. She wasn't feelung well last night. I know she has an appt there this morning. Can you just tell her to check her messages?

Doc office: Gee sorry, but she didn't come in this morning.

A violation if HIPPA, sure, but it happens. I am FB friends with the whole staff at my PCP's office. Lines get blurred. Ultimately, though, I feel like this is a total nonissue.
It’s not like I think it’s a big issue, it just stood out as something that didn’t seem right, privacy issues and all, and I thought there may be more to it, like why was Nicole so concerned so quickly? I’m glad that she was, and I’m glad that she followed her instincts, and may we all be so fortunate to have a friend like her because C.W. may have gotten away with it if she hadn’t done what she did.

Also, the dating pool for people in their 30s can be slim pickings. I think women were attracted to not just his appearance (mostly his body) but that he had a decent job and probably drove SW's Lexus when she was away for 6 weeks. I was giving the mistress the benefit of the doubt before but I'm beginning to think she was fully aware that he was married. She needs to come forward soon imo if she wants to save her image.
I think the mistresses marital status would play into how she would feel about knowingly being in a relationship with a married man. I think she would have been fine with it. Moo

Could the doctors appointment that SW had scheduled that day she was reported missing be related to the gender reveal announcement party that up coming weekend?
In interview below, NA referred to the baby as "he or she" so that sounds like the gender may have been scheduled to be determined that day for SW.
The only issue is that SW's brother said she was having a boy so SW may have already known the sex of unborn child.
Or, is it possible based on document below which indicates that CW killed the unborn child first which resulted in SW's death? Could the child have been removed from SW body somehow and LE told SW family the sex of the child?

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profil...-chris-watts-was-arrested-for-familys-murder/
Wouldnt there be blood evidence if he did?

Have there been any statements made by people who know CW vouching for his character? Maybe I just missed it- but it seems like there have been no public statements about him made by his family or personal friends.... it seems odd not to have heard from someone who knew him outside of his relationship with SW who vouched for his sanity.
I don’t, for a second, believe that SW killed her children. I’ve questioned how he had time to kill them all and dump them in such a short time frame. I am wondering about why she would leave the kids with him after she had left for 6 weeks this summer. It seems that if they were having issues, and she and the girls were gone for 6 weeks, then she returns and leaves them with him for a business trip, is weird.
Those sweet babies, i just can’t even imagine. Why not just jump ship, why take them? It’s so sad.
I find this odd too. Not even a statement from his family saying they are devastated and need time to grieve. They lost 3 grand children.

Agreed. Especially if part of the defense is going to be arguing that he put his precious babies into an oil tank to keep them warm, or to keep them close to him. That is sick. Especially after saying that he killed SW out of rage to protect those same babies.

DA has got to be a family member or part of the defense team. He just has too.

This trial is going to be hell for poor SW family. The anguish on the face of her father and brother during the hearing, now they're going to have sit through CW and his attorney trying to paint SW as someone that strangled her 2 children, who she loved more than anything in the world.

Wouldn't be the first time. During the Jodi Arias trial the defense attorney was reading here, while the court was in session.

That was freaky and made a lot of us stop sharing. No one wanted to help them.

I'm new to this forum and have tried to catch up on everything that is being said. My brother questioned NA's reaction the same as you all are and I'll clarify for you as well. Shanann stayed in contact with her team religiously, she had a planner in which she scheduled out her entire day with phone calls, training, conferences etc. Those on her team that were seriously in it to hit ranks stayed in constant contact ALL THE TIME. We become like family and NA was one of the closest to Shan and one of her best promotors. They were always in contact. What CW said in his interview about her talking to her people more consistently was accurate. As far as plane tickets, for the company trips (vacations) and whatnot, those got paid for by the company because of her rank. Yes CW had his car bonus as well as her. This is from someone who knew her and very much adored her. Just trying to clear up some quick things I caught but I have not read through all 48 pages

This makes sense. If a co-worker didn't show to work and no one heard from them, the police would do a well check especially if it was out of character for them. I watch a lot of forensic files and they do find a lot of foul play that way. I think we all need a friend like NA. I bet I could be missing much longer than SW.

The only issue is that SW's brother said she was having a boy so SW may have already known the sex of unborn child.
Her brother said the was to be Nico so SW must have told him that name or could someone else told the family that name after the deaths?
The name Nico could have been chosen before SW even knew the sex of child because it is a gender neutral name and Nico could be a male or female baby name.

:-O D,: Oh goodness!

Also, the dating pool for people in their 30s can be slim pickings. I think women were attracted to not just his appearance (mostly his body) but that he had a decent job and probably drove SW's Lexus when she was away for 6 weeks. I was giving the mistress the benefit of the doubt before but I'm beginning to think she was fully aware that he was married. She needs to come forward soon imo if she wants to save her image.

She needs to come forward to LE, which she likely already has. She doesn’t have to put herself on blast for the media if she doesn’t feel comfortable. What leads to you believe she was fully aware he was married? I haven’t seen much concrete info regarding the innerworkings of the affair but I’ve had a busy couple days and am not fully caught up.

Just more random thoughts, all MOO

In what reality would it make ANY sense to destroy evidence that would exonerate you of a crime? (Completely rhetorical)

If courts ruled soley on the testimony of the accused, the prisons would be empty. (A hint of sarcasm)

I’ve got to step away until further developments. I’m all for digging into empirical evidence/rationalist propositions, healthy debate and whatnot, but there’s more “devil” than “advocate” in some of the posts. I. Just. Can’t.

May truth and justice prevail, the families find solace, the victims rest in peace

Study: family killers are usually men and fit one of four distinct profiles | WIRED UK

CW fits the profile, Control. Not unlike Jeffrey McDonald. I wonder if the pregnancy flipped them out, Laci Peterson was also pregnant. Something out of their control. Homocide is the top reason pregnant women die.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...omicide-is-a-top-cause-of-death-for-pregnant-
women/2017/09/15/9c4d5b62-9a39-11e7-87fc-c3f7ee4035c9_story.html

10 Notorious Cases of Familicide - Oddee

Longo apparently tried the same defense, "My wife killed the kids". It didn't work for him.

Her brother said the was to be Nico so SW must have told him that name or could someone else told the family that name after the deaths?

I'm pretty sure she already knew the sex of the baby from NIPT. Doctors push this stuff hard now. Mine tried to get me to agree a third time to have blood draws after the first two were insufficient for testing.

This appointment may have been a normal checkup. I think I had appointments at 8, 10, 12, and 16 weeks. (I had a lot of testing in the beginning because I was considered high risk being 35 by my due date, and the fact I was diagnosed with a subchorionic hemorrhage, and failed a diabetic screening test). In early pregnancy, appointments are 4 weeks apart, generally. 8, 12, 16, 20 weeks.

Oh snap! Yes he should be. No one cares about his dang shirt, the narcissistic fool. I don't even know what was on it.

I would have been more interested in what his family members were wearing the last time he saw them than his fave tshirt. So we could look for them or signs of them. Of course, he didn't want them found.

Moo

I'm guessing that CW's family is absolutely gutted and ashamed right now. I'm not surprised they haven't said anything publicly. They are victims as much as anyone else. They may actually have a harder time coping because what are they supposed to do now that their son/brother has done this? Their feelings of love toward him do not get switched off in an instant. They are going to need counseling for years. They've also lost their grandchildren/nieces/daughter-in-law/sister-in-law.

Agreed bears10, this person is either an internet troll, a relative of CW or someone working for the defense team trying to experiment with different theories and gauging the public atmosphere and reactions for upcoming trial.

I agree. This indeed can and does happen.

I followed a case on websleuths a few years ago that involved a husband who murdered his wife. One of the verified insiders on the case sent me a few private messages advising the husband's family members and perhaps even the defense were posting.

The insider had to testify in court and she advised me the defense attorney, in court, accused "Molly" on websleuths - that would be me, of being a close friend of the deceased woman. I didn't know anyone in this case and I live on the other side of the country.

The defense was trying to sell a theory that was flawed, and I knew it. I have expertise in a particular process and I posted how that process really works. Not my fault that what I said contradicted what the defense was trying to sell. In reality, they really didn't have much to work with in terms of defending him.

You never know exactly who is reading the forums, and you don't know who is really posting. That is what I learned from that experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC