CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A while ago as in 8/12? Awhile ago to us, but not awhile ago in terms of her last night alive.

Was this something S.W. posted regarding C.W.? Apologies if this has been answered.

Very apt description ie: "Love bombing" describes to a T my experience
This is what I think ... I could be wrong of course.
I think she was vulnerable and maybe insecure, definitely not feeling well with Lupus diagnosis when they met. He could be the type of person who used this to his advantage to sweep her up and be her Savior. Afterwards of course reminding her of ALL that she had put him through during the worst part of her Lupus as well as reminding her of all he had done for her.
I think Thrive was his idea, not hers. He wanted her under his thumb at home serving him.
He couldn’t keep close tabs on her if she worked outside the home.
I think he set her up in the business expecting a windfall but things didn’t turn out the way “he” planned.
The best master manipulators always make sure that it appears the other spouse is in control and even the other spouse often believes it.
Years of psychology and sociology taught me a lot - not to mention this website and crime stories but I’m just making assumptions - guesses - and yes, judgments based on my experiences and what I’ve read and learned.
I could be totally wrong.
Hopefully the whole truth and nothing but the truth will come out in the trial but it rarely does unfortunately.

helped her through everything.

that would result in profound feelings of fear and rage being abandoned might it not

My narcissist ex helped me through everything in the beginning. They call it "love-bombing". I guess because he helped me through everything in the beginning, he couldn't possibly have raped me later(except he did).

So let us pretend SW killed her children.

So CW takes his precious children and climbs up one at a time and drops them into oil. Two times, climb up and down. He loves them soooooo much.

He digs a grave and buries the monster SW. Hi ho hi ho. It’s off to work I go.

With allllll of this emotion, he has some nice interviews. No distraught. He knew his monster wife killed the kids, Oh well. That’s done.

So CW takes his precious children and climbs up one at a time and drops them into oil. Two times, climb up and down. He loves them soooooo much.

With allllll of this emotion, he has some nice interviews. No distraught. He knew his monster wife killed the kids, Oh well. That’s done.
And, time to put the house on the market.

I find it absolutely incredible that the could give those interviews, knowing what he knew.
That is some seriously mixed up behaviour.

Dang it! CARIIS, I always look forward to reading your posts---- until know. However, we can't judge others for having differing opinions , attitudes, beliefs.

So: 1. We don't know that he told his father the truth. But, let's say he did.
"Dad, I killed Shannan, Celeste, Bella & Nico. "
"Son, that's death penalty talk. They are all dead and we can't bring them back, so it doesn't matter who killed them. You're the only one here to talk and tell the story. Do you really want your Mother and the whole world knowing you killed your wife and 3 kids?"
"You're right, Dad. I can't do this to Mom. I'll say Shannan did it"
"Whatever , Son. Just remember your Mama loves you".

We really don't know what CW & father discussed. Truth or Lies or whatever.

2. He did not tell LE quickly or come clean quickly. He lied and lied and lied and lied and covered up and lied until he was cornered and couldn't escape his lies.

3. He was not an honest cheater. He lied about That, too. He covered it up. LE told him they KNEW he was cheating on Shannan and who with. Then he fessed up.

4. So, he admits he killed Shannan and baby Nico. He's gonna claim half of this murderous nightmare, but no more. The man has dead bodies all around him. Does he do the right thing ? A. Kill himself
B. Call his Dad for advice
C. Call 911.

No! He takes these dead little bodies downstairs and puts them in his truck. With their dead Mommy. Does he stack them like firewood? He is not really that upset. A person who is in shock from the horror that just transpired will not be thinking straight. Load bodies, find keys, load trash bags. Trash bags? What's in the Trash bags? Children? Would a man who just saw his wife murder his children go to the pantry to get Hefty bags and put his dead children in bags, tie a knot and dump them in his work truck? Would a man in shock load a shovel and a gas can into his truck, drive into the middle of nowhere on his employers property, retrieve the lifeless bodies of 3 and 4 year old babies , carry them up the stairs of a crude oil tank and slip them inside? Would a man in shock dig a shallow grave for his beautiful wife, carrying his baby son, cover them with dirt, drive off, go to work. Stand on his front porch and lie to Shannan's friend, lie to and scare their neighbor friends while sleeping over a few nights, lie during on camera interviews, .....

No. That's what lying , guilty, angry, murderers do. They lie and deny. Wait! He'll claim 1 murder+ Nico. But, that's not his fault because that was HER fault. No doubt he thinks everything is her fault at this point.

Anyhow. Appreciate the opportunity to purge some of the Chris Watts nonsense out of my system

MOO ^^^ & all that jazz.

so is the notion that mom would be less upset if he only murdered his wife and stuck his kids in some oil

what is amazing to me is it appears there is a notion out there that in a story that is international news for a week needs multiple murder one charges and the other ones to get less time

that makes no sense

once one confesses to murder and moving bodies around there a lifer ..

he saved all that -- he told them what he did

you guys are much better at SM than I the private interactions off the Thrive stuff is a completely different story imo

and yes, most people who commit murder , generally speaking try to hide it

we all do true crime == the astonishment that a husband that murdered his wife 12 hours earlier and tossed his kid in oil is getting on national tv is gonna give it a whirl and see if he can get away from life in prison

piling up charges (these charges ) is not gonna change anything - one confession of first degree murder is usually a rap in terms of never getting out

lots of folks imo are giving this dude way to much intellect

obviously the status of their future was getting closer to having to be dealt with .

appreciate all your jaz

I think it’s possible that SW and C.W. were on a trial separation for the summer. And, she came back here to lay claim to the house and the children. Perhaps in an attempt to save their family.

She suspected him of the affair, and if she stayed in NC with the kids she could look forward to hassling him for child support for the next 20 years; or she could come back here, live in the house he was paying the mortgage on but she owned jointly with him, and stand a much better chance of collecting the child support if he lived nearby.

I think this could have been the trigger. He had probably already told his AP he was going to separate from her. I think he probably wanted SW to turn around and go home to NC. But it was just not going to work out for him if she stayed. He would have likely lost his AP. That’s the choice he made.

helped her through everything.

that would result in profound feelings of fear and rage being abandoned might it not

might that not indicate a fear of not being able to handle things without her rock- her core foundation - when perceived emotional foundations are pulled out from under someone in any context the resulting emotion is typically fear and anger

the best husband and father ever ever

relentless proclamations (after 6 years of marriage with two kids) stuck me as unique they were past the limerence phase

it started to sound like self affirmation that was the fear of losing -- the need to say it aloud

most people in that age group are busy with kids -- their own stuff - would you all remain interested in hearing anything over and over and over

it is indicative imo of profound neediness emotional neediness (if that was the issue speculation based on on Thrive page )

that degree of neediness might result in profound feelings of being left.

fear often results (as does emotional dependency) in strange things

anyone here at six years in a marriage are you guys endlessly telling everyone how in love in you are

limerence fades in around half a year or so (longer in high school maybe)

it is similar to when someone finally says I love you - it often a craving to hear it back

to possibly find out that rock is leaving in conjunction with someone else (if that happened or was found out recently) that is pretty deep wound.

What do wounded people do? Often strike back --

your gonna devastate me - I shall do the same thing to u kinda of thing

it is often called revenge

pure speculation and do what we do toss out possibilities
How do you explain that numerous people have stated she told them of a separation and/or marital issues? She wasn't ambushed by that news. She spent 5 weeks away from him. She kept up the facade for the public but was more forthright with "her people". She was running a business and needed to sell the dream. I don't believe she was as attached this him toward the end as you suggest.

I find it absolutely incredible that the could give those interviews, knowing what he knew.
That is some seriously mixed up behaviour.
I think he could have claimed some sort of mental defense until he said SHE killed the kids. Now it just seems too stupid to consider his story with a straight face, that he got the word from the family to try the story of "just killing her".

Besides old teacher there was that man who said he couldn't believe it was the same CW. He said that CW looked into your eyes and knew exactly what to say to make you warm to him.

It was way back on an early thread as I recall quoting it. Don't recall his name now but it was KL. Karl or Kris.

The thirty minutes friends who they spent a lot of time with lately described him as shy

the question (very interesting ) by the female reporter in that piece asked if he seemed to gain more confidence in himself - they replied no

the notion that he was confident and manipulative is certainly not evident in the presentation either - frankly he was nerdy

I believe she said she "tortured him" and gave him "outs" and he still came for her.

I've heard many women say this and it wasn't because they were abusive, more so that they played hard to get or ghosted off and on, and avoided jumping into the relationship.

I remember the post and she did not say that she was mean or abusive. She said she pushed him away when he wanted a relationship but he hung in there. There was no talk of abuse.

pushed him away

fear of intimacy and if one goes there the relentless fear of being abandoned

Was this something S.W. posted regarding C.W.? Apologies if this has been answered.
No apologies necessary but I do TY for being so kind. We are all in this together, and I’m afraid for a very long haul.
This was a FB post by SW. it didn’t reference anyone or anything, just a mem I captured about two minutes before I saw that he confessed. She made no comment.
I had just gotten to WS having taken a break from Mollie and was ss for reference. Now given its now a remberence account, a little glad I did. It was posted 8/12 8pm, not sure if that was EDT or CO or AZ time... that’s the date and time that shows on my screenshot. I’d post but not sure that allowed. I turned this in on 8/15, but knew they’d probably already subpoena all FB data from SW, CW, and all relations to.

I'm a member who hasn't posted in, well, years but this case is compelling. From the little information available, I think it highly likely that the girls were killed before SW. Of course, that may not be able to be proven. IMO, their financial troubles were not a thing of the past but very much a day to day issue. A 400k mortgage is NOT small potatoes. Add to that a third high risk pregnancy AND an affair and you have a recipe for disaster. I believe CW wanted out without any responsibility for an ex and kids. He also may have harbored extreme anger towards SW. Of course, these are my gut feelings based on what is known. It will be interesting to see what the prosecution has as evidence. Regardless, it is a terrible tragedy

let's not forget that CW gave several versions in the space of one hour on the afternoon of the 13th
Version 1- to first attender Coonrod and maybe another to NUA
Another to Det Baumhover less than an hour later . ( it was inconsistent to what he told Coonrod earlier)

Then different spins to 2 or 3 TV channels on 14th, one after the other.

Next, just 48 hours later on 15 August between a series of police interviews, he tells a whole new story once he's been presented with damning evidence

( Not including also - repeated denials of an affair
and not even convincing a couple of his family friends - the Thayers.)

He'll probably come up with even more for the trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member