CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the people he was staying with noted that he was NOT distressed.

people show distress in different ways

I actually think he told them too and was freaked about his kids being in there

The thirty minutes friends who they spent a lot of time with lately described him as shy

the question (very interesting ) by the female reporter in that piece asked if he seemed to gain more confidence in himself - they replied no

the notion that he was confident and manipulative is certainly not evident in the presentation either - frankly he was nerdy
You do not have to be overly confident to be a manipulator and a controller. In my experience it is the people without a lot of confidence in themselves who are more like to be controlling personalities.
Sulking, refusing to talk to the other party if they don't get their own way.

No. He will not walk.

Heat of passion does not make a homicide "justifiable" in Colorado. Its not a defense. It is a mitigator however and can make a homicide second degree murder, as a class three felony which reduces the second degree murder penalty from minimum of 16 years to a maximum of 12.
Thank you for your response, greatly appreciated!

About .34 into the video. This is what a grieving father looks like. Much is being said about the oil because it is unconscionable that a human being could do such a thing, let alone a father - to his own children. What is acceptable to some, may not be to others, so cremation or burial is a personal decision.

Wait! You mean smirking and showing off your shirt after your babies have been brutally murdered and stuffed in an oil vat, that's not what loving father's do?

Don't they calmly, without blinking, blithely state "I have no inclination where they are."?

Hell, the friend of hers showed more grief and desperation about his kids when she didn't know they were dead than he did when he knew they were never coming back!

Pregnant mom, 2 young daughters mysteriously vanish in Colorado

I'm not sure he confessed until he was shown the evidence. I think he thought he could blame SW and take the focus off him. So far it seems to have worked for some.

if they had this evidence why was he free for days?

typically when LE has evidence of first degree murder they pretty well go get em pretty quick -- not 72 hours later

where they were was, per their documentation was no proof of foul play , had a purse ,and cell, a confession ,locating bodies then an arrest

I'll have to go back and read the affidavit, but I recall MSM saying he confessed and would lead them to the bodies, but LE would not confirm that. LE simply stated they believed they knew where the bodies were located.

I think it's more likely they told him we already know where the bodies are based on your work truck GPS and your bedroom sheet so he came up with his lame story. I wouldn't really count that as a confession.

All moo

I'm sure LE approached Anadanko for information - esp when they got ahold of his company truck. Likely looked at the truck GPS which showed him out at that Anadanko well ~ 6am on Monday before work. Anadanko @ LE zip out there, put up the drone ( it might even a company drone) & bingo = sheet found and disturbed area of soil that doesnt correspond to anything the company was doing. A quick cell photo of that sheet compared to the one at home = MATCH. A brief look tells them there is a body there.

By late Tues or early Wed LE knows there is at least one dead body there & haul CW in for a real tough round of interrogation - at the sheriff's office, in an interrogation room.

if they had this evidence why was he free for days?

typically when LE has evidence of first degree murder they pretty well go get em pretty quick -- not 72 hours later

where they were was, per their documentation was no proof of foul play , had a purse ,and cell, a confession ,locating bodies then an arrest
I am pretty sure that they were looking for the bodies before an arrest. Takes time.

You do not have to be overly confident to be a manipulator and a controller. In my experience it is the people without a lot of confidence in themselves who are more like to be controlling personalities.
Sulking, refusing to talk to the other party if they don't get their own way.

My narcissist ex was extremely controlling and manipulative. He could also be described as nerdy and shy.

Also pondering at what point CW entered into a full blown affair? Did a workplace flirtation blossom into a sexual relationship over the summer while SW and the girls were away? Did he tell the mistress that he was divorcing and his family had moved out? When the family returned for good, was he desperate to keep up the lie?

its hard to tell -- because we don't have a timeline of when he got much better looking

what was the expression he does not have swagger or something

or the person might have fallen for the same thing that she fell so passionately endlessly in

Wait! You mean smirking and showing off your shirt after your babies have been brutally murdered and stuffed in an oil vat, that's not what loving father's do?

Don't they calmly, without blinking, blithely state "I have no inclination where they are."?

Hell, the friend of hers showed more grief and desperation about his kids when she didn't know they were dead than he did when he knew they were never coming back!

Pregnant mom, 2 young daughters mysteriously vanish in Colorado

TV Chris :"... I just hope they're ( the girls) are huddled up together somewhere..."

This is less than 24 hrs after he has made sure that they were separated. He floated each child in their own tank of crude oil.

Very good thought! Relatable makes sense. The point remains that she would still do just fine with her business, even as a single mom. She is outgoing and I think people would still relate to her quite well.

I think what she would be aiming for postwise for maximum appeal would be somewhere between "relatable" and "perfect". You don't want to seem to be unattainably perfect, but not exactly like your potential customers, like a better version of them. You want them to think "If I used/sold Thrive, maybe my life could be like that". So yes, posts about snoring, but saying how you can deal with the lack of sleep with a smile, all thanks to Thrive. No posts about how e.g. your husband was a controlling , because it's hard to spin that into something people can aspire to. I agree Shanann seemed good at it, and would have made it work just as well as a single mum IMO

This makes it easier for me to believe he planned it all... that what appears panic and “unplanned” actions in his planning were just part of his plan to convince others that he was in shock and wasn’t thinking right when he dumped his girls in an oil tank.
He is/was a master manipulator. moo.
(Paraphrased)
He had a photographic memory... his high school teacher said. Very smart, and expected to be very successful.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/patch....-watts-was-smartest-student-former-nc-teacher

My narcissist ex was extremely controlling and manipulative. He could also be described as nerdy and shy.
I wouldn't call my ex a narcissist, but he was certainly not a confident person and was extremely controlling, even to the point of not interacting with his daughters when they got over the daddy hero stage and would not be controlled by him.

Why is it assumed he only had an affair because he "got much better looking"?

My ex is an awkward-looking doofus and he still cheated on me.

My brother is fat and doesn't exactly keep the best hygiene practices, and cheated multiple times on his wife (he's now divorced and likely cheating on his newest wife).

CW could've been a serial cheater from the beginning. SW was a beautiful woman and she apparently found him attractive enough before he buffed up and "improved" his appearance.

The disposal of the bodies reminds me of the michael blagg case. It will be interesting to see what the prosecution has learned from Anadarko in regards to CWs work truck, dump site info. Perhaps there is Gps info from a previous site visit to the recovery site in CWs work truck? Just trying to think about justification for premeditation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper