CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
it becomes even more peculiar when one was working at a steady job for years?

I have looked at the court docs & the Watts had a suit filed by the HOA for unpaid dues.

I feel that they did not pay the dues because the lien would be paid by the bank upon sale if their house was soon to be bank-owned. Their court date was to have been today.

I think some might be trying to insinuate she was mentally unbalanced and that's why her friend was worried.

I agree. In case after case we’ve seen someone on the periphery get a bad feeling and talk him/herself out of saying anything. Don’t want to over react! I think SWs friend had a few facts (none were mental instability) and a bunch of instincts that told her something was terribly wrong. She didn’t talk herself out of that feeling. Oh. And she was right.

I do get what you are saying ... and I know women like this ...
I have considered that he was being controlled, dressed, told what to do and when and that he was a coward - who might have found strength to stand up for himself.
He could have been the kind of man that always had someone telling him what to do, how to dress, - his mother may have been a very controlling woman. I’ve definitely seen men like this ...
And it would explain why he screwed up so royally in the planning or in the aftermath planning - there was no woman to tell him what to do. Which means AP probably wasn’t involved. I’m sure phone records will tell us if she was called for advice or help.
With all that being said, even if he didn’t kill his children ... he still deserves life in prison for killing her and disposing of his children in such a heinous way BECAUSE if that’s the way he solves problems on his own, he needs to be locked away for life.
This could also explain why SW and CW's mom didn't not get along. They were both vying for control. I have seen that happen.

I also have known women who use the children to hurt their spouses. I am not saying SW did this, but it is CW's defense that she killed the children. So how does what we, the public, can see fit either scenario? That is how I am looking at it.

I am horrified by all their deaths. I am horrified by the disposal of the bodies, especially the children. Crude oil is caustic. I imagine anyone who chooses to put their deceased children in such a place is guilty because that is how I feel.

But if I put my feelings aside, and if I look at what I am seeing right now, just going off of social media and his interviews, his defense might work.

It all depends on what the evidence shows.

She had a post, not sure if it’s been deleted? Where she talked about how difficult and mean she had been - due to her illness- Lupus (not because she’s normally difficult or mean) and that she had given CW many “Outs” but he stayed and helped her through everything.
Anyone still have a screenshot of this? I will check to see if I took one. I went straight to her SM when I heard, before he confessed so not sure if I screenshotted or not.

helped her through everything.

that would result in profound feelings of fear and rage being abandoned might it not

might that not indicate a fear of not being able to handle things without her rock- her core foundation - when perceived emotional foundations are pulled out from under someone in any context the resulting emotion is typically fear and anger

the best husband and father ever ever

relentless proclamations (after 6 years of marriage with two kids) stuck me as unique they were past the limerence phase

it started to sound like self affirmation that was the fear of losing -- the need to say it aloud

most people in that age group are busy with kids -- their own stuff - would you all remain interested in hearing anything over and over and over

it is indicative imo of profound neediness emotional neediness (if that was the issue speculation based on on Thrive page )

that degree of neediness might result in profound feelings of being left.

fear often results (as does emotional dependency) in strange things

anyone here at six years in a marriage are you guys endlessly telling everyone how in love in you are

limerence fades in around half a year or so (longer in high school maybe)

it is similar to when someone finally says I love you - it often a craving to hear it back

to possibly find out that rock is leaving in conjunction with someone else (if that happened or was found out recently) that is pretty deep wound.

What do wounded people do? Often strike back --

your gonna devastate me - I shall do the same thing to u kinda of thing

it is often called revenge

pure speculation and do what we do toss out possibilities

Sorry! In my world, I have Graves - when I don’t feel well, I’m abusive - I don’t mean to be ... I’m not a monster - I am just mean to other people verbally - like cranky, irritable, short-tempered.
When I heard her talk about this, it reminded me of me and my husband and how “I” was when I was first diagnosed and felt so bad.
I do apologize for assuming - I do this and I don’t consider myself a bad person. I certainly would never hurt my children or anyone else.

I make a distinction between abusive speech at random (like a disease making someone cranky and irritable so they get frustrated about someone and say things they don't mean- which all of us are guilty of from time to time) and actual patterns of abuse. I don't think both situations are equal and should be considered with the same weight.

(In regard to People magazine article, “C.W. may walk”)

You have the expertise, any chance this is an angle for his defense?:
  1. The "heat of the moment" defense: death results from a situation where the defendant is deemed to have lost control. This is often considered a part of the defense of provocation against a charge of murder. Based on the idea that all individuals may suddenly and unexpectedly lose control when words are spoken or events occur, jurisdictions differ on whether this should be allowed to excuse liability or merely mitigate to a lesser offense such as manslaughter, and under which circumstances this defense can be used.
(this is sourced from Wikipedia: Justifiable Homicide)

No. He will not walk.

Heat of passion does not make a homicide "justifiable" in Colorado. Its not a defense. It is a mitigator however and can make a homicide second degree murder, as a class three felony which reduces the second degree murder penalty from minimum of 16 years to a maximum of 12.

Shannan had an appointment at 10am. The friend made the call at 1:40pm. That seems reasonable to me. She didn't suspect Chris at all, despite his odd behavior.
The affidavit states NU contacted CW to come home because she was concerned about SW suffering or passed out due to medical conditions. So she didn't suspect anything at first.

But then CW was trying to tell NU they were separating and couldn't tell anyone the name of the friend she was supposedly having a playdate with (when she was supposed to be at a doctors appt?).

I'm really glad NU called the cops and didn't go into the house with CW alone.

Moo

do we know he went to work calmly?

sounds like his job is kinda out in wild blue yonder

alone

Does he have access to a laptop with wifi way out yonder? And cell reception? And what evidence is there that he worked alone?

We know he left the house calmly. Moments after he claims this frantic, horrific scene took place. Because his neighbor saw him. And it's on camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinCaseBreakGlass