Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the judge or prosecutor (by objecting) have the right to stop any bashing of the victim(s) by his parents when they make their statement if they venture down that road at all? I'm still surprised they are allowed to make a victim statement. TIA.
The judge certainly can put an end to it if he thinks it’s inappropriate.

Does the judge or prosecutor (by objecting) have the right to stop any bashing of the victim(s) by his parents when they make their statement if they venture down that road at all? I'm still surprised they are allowed to make a victim statement. TIA.
I can honestly say with all of the sentencings I've seen have not once seen that happen.

I don't consider the comments by the Watts parents to be unethical. They have the same right to freedom of speech as the rest of us and are entitled to their opinions about they way they feel they--and their son--have been treated by the public defender's office. As victims, they can express their concern to the Court that their grandchildren are not receiving justice if the wrong parent is pleading guilty for a crime he did not commit.

The Judge considers the paternal grandparents victims and I doubt they remain silent after the hearing on Monday if the Judge accepts the guilty plea. JMO

I never once heard either of the Watts parents say anything about 'justice for their grandchildren.' Mama seemed more peeved about the injustice of her only son being called 'a skater boy.'

I never one, heard either of the Watts parents say anything about 'justice for their grandchildren.' Mama seemed more peeved about the injustice of her only son being called 'a skater boy.'
Yup. She was more concerned about petty, past grievances, than “justice for her grandchildren.”

I am going back and forth thinking CW may speak at the sentencing versus staying mum. If he says anything at all, it will be lame, IMO (not that there's anything he could say that would lessen the pain he's caused).

Yes, if he says anything at all, it will be self-serving, and less than truthful. JMO

If it's any consolation, the Murder Rap Sesh ladies are upset at Radar Online. It appears Radar not only misquoted their recent podcast, but embellished the details and presented them as "facts."

WEll, I think I can guess how that happened. They probably wanted cash for their 'story.' And the only way Radar is going to throw them the cash is if the 'tipster' says it is the truth.

Did anyone think the way Mrs Watts described the girls was slightly unusual? She was focused on their temperament, which could also be seen as their behaviour.. Eg one calm, one a firecracker.

I wouldn't normally think much of it but with everything else such as the lack of emotion etc its missing details. Who were the girls? What did they like? What were the into doing? People are more than their temperament. IMO maybe she doesn't really know them and I wonder how well she tried to get to know them.

As for CW, he stood on his porch when his kids were missing and was asked to describe them. Again same thing.. Temperament. If my kids were missing, I would be giving info that would help locate them.. Eg clothing, height, looks, interests as well as temperament.

JMO and maybe Im over analyzing it

Last edited:
If it's any consolation, the Murder Rap Sesh ladies are upset at Radar Online. It appears Radar not only misquoted their recent podcast, but embellished the details and presented them as "facts."

WEll, I think I can guess how that happened. They probably wanted cash for their 'story.' And the only way Radar is going to throw them the cash is if the 'tipster' says it is the truth.

So I am not sure Radar is the only one to blame here. I think the Rap Sesh ladies are trying to cover their own exposed butts here now.

Not really. The only time I've seen a judge stop a statement is when the lady started cursing.

I’ve been trying to catch up with all the recent news but I have noticed a lot of negativity regarding his mother. She too is grieving. I unfortunately work in an industry where I see grieving daily. Some do it gracefully and others lash out. Even with all of my experiences I am the latter. No way is right or wrong it is just different. The facts are the facts and she will have to come to terms with them when she knows all of them so I don’t get angry hearing what she is saying now. Let this woman grieve in her own way and come to terms that her son is a murderer. MOO

She has every right to grieve. But when she gets on national TV and starts publicly bashing a murdered pregnant woman, that crosses a major line. That is no longer grieving, that is being vindictive. I, too, am grieving. And I moderate Compassionate Friends meeting groups (people who have lost children). My criticism comes not for her grief, but the manner in which she is defaming a person who can no longer defend themselves.
I am saddened and reminded from so long ago... when a wife would be stomped in the head, on a public sidewalk, in front of witnesses, because a husband said ‘she made me do it’!! My good god, are we going back in time??!? I can’t even! I thought my daughter had a better chance in the world we live in, I thought she would NEVER have to hear from anybody, “What did you do”!!

Did anyone think the way Mrs Watts described the girls was slightly unusual? She was focused on their temperament, which could also be seen as their behaviour.. Eg one calm, one a firecracker.

I wouldn't normally think much of it but with everything else such as the lack of emotion etc its missing details. Who were the girls? What did they like? What were the into doing? People are more than their temperament. IMO maybe she doesn't really know them and I wonder how well she tried to get to know them.

As for CW, he stood on his porch when his kids were missing and asked to describe them. A gain same thing.. Temperament. If my kids were missing, I would be giving info that would help locate them.. Eg clothing, height, looks, interests as well as temperament.

JMO and maybe in over analyzing it
Hmmm just tried to put myself in that situation. I think I would talk about their height, looks etc. to the police but to the public I would probably point out their characteristics. The thing is it depends what the reporter asks. Also, in the porch interview he knew they were dead rather than missing.

As for CW, he stood on his porch when his kids were missing and asked to describe them. A gain same thing.. Temperament. If my kids were missing, I would be giving info that would help locate them.. Eg clothing, height, looks, interests as well as temperament.

JMO and maybe in over analyzing it
No, you're not over analyzing. If you watch CW's porch interview, you'll see that Cindy is parroting her son's description of his dead children. Apple. Tree.

Hmmm just tried to put myself in that situation. I think I would talk about their height, looks etc. to the police but to the public I would probably point out their characteristics. The thing is it depends what the reporter asks. Also, in the porch interview he knew they were dead rather than missing.
Yes, he knew that they were dead. What is your point here?

God forbid to be in such situation, I would simply be hysterical, ramble and make no sense. Maybe, since I’d expect search being on the way, i’d say, “they are nonviolent, not dangerous”, etc. Not knowing how and where people would disappear but presuming them to be alive, I’d be concerned for them.

I keep thinking we are all going to find out something from CW's past that hinted at some sort of personality disorder or something he may have said or done that would have raised a red flag with someone. As much as I've read about this case I haven't come across anything. IMO from what I've read, SW was a very intelligent and hard working woman and a good mother who obviously never saw this coming. I just can hardly believe that other than being quiet and introverted he just woke up one day and became an evil family killer. I suppose I will have to accept he is just plain evil and was wearing a mask for many years. JMO.

Could also have been feeling some euphoria if he had just started a sexual affair with the AP. The world is a rosier place, you are energized and have an increased sense of well being when you're in love (or lust). Those patches do not contain anything that could have real therapeutic value or they would likely be on prescription only.
The world of feel good supplements is a multi billion $ business, but a lot of their success comes from the placebo effect.

Oh, I don’t blame the patches at all. Anything that has euphoric effect is sold on the streets and for the patches, they need an army of small-time distributors to sell them, lol.

I think that CW’s mood might be unstable to start with, because the words like “energized” I read in the article describing him in prison (when he decided to confess). In summer, he was either happy because of the new relationship, or he started the relationship because he was in a euphoric mood.

I think that CW’s mood might be unstable to start with, because the words like “energized” I read in the article describing him in prison (when he decided to confess). In summer, he was either happy because of the new relationship, or he started the relationship because he was in a euphoric mood.
RSBM

If we compare CWs appearance pre/early marriage to the day of the porch interview he was obviously trimmer and working out more. I think his pleasure in his new looks caused his euphoric mood and can also account for his confidence in seeking out AP. There’s substance in the saying - look better, feel better.

Oh, I don’t blame the patches at all. Anything that has euphoric effect is sold on the streets and for the patches, they need an army of small-time distributors to sell them, lol.

I couldn’t possibly agree with you more here.

Any euphoria wasn’t due to some chemical that he was ingesting. It was mental, and likely based on some sort of stimulation in that regard.

New relationships can be exciting, so can self confidence and the prospect of a ”new life.”

Those patches had nothing to do with it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member