Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But I have been surprised and troubled by the Cindy Watts bashing.
BBM no one is bashing Mrs. Watts, we are condemning the cruel, nasty things she decided, out of free will, to publicly say.

Just think, if she hadn't decided to malign the dead woman, Shan'ann, (one of the people her son murdered) everyone would still think Mrs. Watts is a good person.

* This has always been my theory too. If he had planned it he would have for one thing parked the truck in the garage for later “loading” purposes. I don’t believe he planned anything for that night, and don’t think he ever planned on killing the girls. He and SW had an argument that went out of control, the girls heard and witnessed something and he panicked. This theory is supported by NK saying CW wanted to find an apt for himself and the girls. Pls don’t misunderstand. I have always thought CW is 100% guilty.

* I think he offered the plea deal because he couldn’t face everything coming out in court. There were four/five people in that house and now there’s only one left alive. He was probably told he would *have* to testify to everything that happened (there was no one else left to do so) and how he saw SW strangling Cece, and then what he did, etc etc, and he probably couldnt bear that thought or face doing that, and he just gave up.

* I want to thank OldLadyBlues for her poignant post on the previous thread. She expressed my thoughts better than I ever could. My heart goes out to all the survivors of this tragedy, including CW’s mom. There are so many thoughtful, loving, caring posters here. But I have been surprised and troubled by the Cindy Watts bashing. While she has said negative things about SW, they have a history that she is drawing from, and if you listen carefully, she’s just believing in her son with every fiber of her being, trying to make sense of this unimaginable horror, and desperately clinging to a possibility that what he’s saying is true, and if so, reasons to support that.

I am looking forward to next week when hopefully there will be answers to so so many questions.
I have been a member on this board for a long time. I was surprised at the victim bashing that went on before he pled guilty. I think if Cindy Watts had released only that one video where she is actually crying, she would been received better.

It doesn’t make sense to me that Chris would want to deal with killing Shanann when the girls were still alive and in their rooms/beds. Too much drama and too many things that could go wrong. But the Radar article (with podcast comments from sources—whoever they are) claim he killed Shanann first in the loft, and the girls woke up and were killed. I doubt this. How would they know this?

I agree. I have been very upset by the reference, in a previous thread, to the article and podcast. The whole scenario doesn't make sense. For the scenario to be true, CW had to lie in wait for Shanann and then attack her. The beating had to be premeditated, CW wanted to punish her before he killed her. Since there were no marks on his hands, and since the "source" says she wasn't hit in the head, it implies he deliberately beat her in the body. And then (My God!), he kills the children. Did he kill them to eliminate witnesses or because the only scenario that would make sense is if his entire family disappeared? Or for both reasons? All of this with no screaming, how could he be sure the girls wouldn't scream and be heard? Or Shanann for that matter? Too much chaos, too many questions.

EDIT; Also, CW, in his first confession, said he was in a rage, but didn't say a word about hitting Shanann.

I was completely supportive of the Watts, until Momma W. opened her mouth and verbally assaulted her dead daughter-in-law. She has stated multiple times how SW was verbally abusive, yet also stated that CW was private and didn't discuss his personal life.

So if dear son doesn't talk about his personal life, how does Mom know anything about their marriage from thousands of miles away?

Lying runs in the family.

My bet is that he won't make a statement. That would involve him man'ing up, which I don't think he is capable of.

I don’t think he’ll make a statement. He hasn’t man’ed up to his parents he sure as hell isn’t going to man up to her family or anybody else. To be honest, I hope he doesn’t. For her family and friends seeing him sitting there living and breathing would be hard enough. I would think it would be excruciating for her family and friends to hear his voice and I can’t imagine him saying anything that would lighten their hearts or help them in any way.
jmo

It will be interesting to see. He can make a statement. I wonder if he will?

Poll anyone? How many believe he will make a statement apologizing or otherwise taking some responsibility and how many think e won't make a statement at all?

I don't believe he will make any statement at all. I believe he will slink off leaving his dead skin behind (as do most snakes). MOO

Does anyone know if this will be live from the courtroom on Monday and what time is it all supposed to take place?

There will be other options when it starts, but it looks like this is going to be the most comprehensive?

Chris Watts to be sentenced for murder of Shanann Watts, Bella, Celeste
What to expect during Monday's sentencing of Chris Watts for the murder of Shanann Watts, 2 children

What you can expect from the Coloradoan:

The Coloradoan will have reporters in court in Greeley on Monday and live in Frederick during the sentencing of Christopher Watts.

Coverage will begin about 8:45 a.m., with a live broadcast on Facebook from the courthouse. We will review what we know, how the case has progressed so far and what we can hope to learn Monday.

About 9 a.m., we will have a live broadcast on Facebook from Frederick, exploring how this case has impacted the small town north of Denver. Sentencing is scheduled to run until about noon Monday, and live updates will be posted on Coloradoan.com.

We will provide a livestream of the sentencing hearing from our partners at 9NEWS on Coloradoan.com and on Facebook starting at 10 a.m. Monday.

The Coloradoan will broadcast Weld County District Attorney Michael Rourke's news conference at 1 p.m. Monday.

Full coverage and analysis will be available at Coloradoan.com throughout the day.

( thanks to @margarita25 for the original link that she posted earlier that I saved and reposted just now, without the use of Pinterest!)

Last edited:
I don’t think he’ll make a statement. He hasn’t man’ed up to his parents he sure as hell isn’t going to man up to her family or anybody else. To be honest, I hope he doesn’t. For her family and friends seeing him sitting there living and breathing would be hard enough. I would think it would be excruciating for her family and friends to hear his voice and I can’t imagine him saying anything that would lighten their hearts or help them in any way.
jmo
Mrs. Watts should have her attorney, or husband read a short statement. She would walk away with some dignity. There will be a huge worldwide audience on Monday, she has an opportunity to cry softly with her husband, gaining sympathy in a decent way.

Yes, 10:00 Mountain Standard Time. Streaming live on all of the local Denver stations on Facebook and their websites.

Thank you so that means East Coast 8am. I do not have Facebook so I hope some good poster here will give us a live thread pleaseeeeeeee? Glad I asked because I thought I had read somewhere that it was going to be in the afternoon but could not remember where I read it to go back and check.

I don't really care if Cindy Watts had a history with Shanann. I don't care if she didn't like her. That's her prerogative. However, the pregnant woman she doesn't like is now dead. Murdered by her son. No matter who you are or why, it's pretty disgusting to say anything negative about a murdered pregnant woman. And not only that, but to say it ad nauseam in interviews, on national tv, in online forums, on social media and on podcasts. That's not grief talking. It's anger.

IMO you cannot really believe Chris Watts is guilty of killing his family and also be ok with the way Cindy is behaving. There's no way an innocent pregnant murdered woman should be spoken about in that manner. So I conclude that those who are fine and dandy with the way Mrs. Watts is conducting herself doesn't truly believe Chris is guilty of killing his entire family. IMO. JMO. MOO.

There will be other options when it starts, but it looks like this is going to be the most comprehensive?

Chris Watts to be sentenced for murder of Shanann Watts, Bella, Celeste
What to expect during Monday's sentencing of Chris Watts for the murder of Shanann Watts, 2 children

What you can expect from the Coloradoan:

The Coloradoan will have reporters in court in Greeley on Monday and live in Frederick during the sentencing of Christopher Watts.

Coverage will begin about 8:45 a.m., with a live broadcast on Facebook from the courthouse. We will review what we know, how the case has progressed so far and what we can hope to learn Monday.

About 9 a.m., we will have a live broadcast on Facebook from Frederick, exploring how this case has impacted the small town north of Denver. Sentencing is scheduled to run until about noon Monday, and live updates will be posted on Coloradoan.com.

We will provide a livestream of the sentencing hearing from our partners at 9NEWS on Coloradoan.com and on Facebook starting at 10 a.m. Monday.

The Coloradoan will broadcast Weld County District Attorney Michael Rourke's news conference at 1 p.m. Monday.

Full coverage and analysis will be available at Coloradoan.com throughout the day.

( thanks to @margarita25 for the original link that she posted earlier that I saved and reposted just now, without the use of Pinterest!)

Awesome! I just went to it and it tells what to expect on Monday. And I do want to watch this LIVE! :mad:

Thank you so that means East Coast 8am. I do not have Facebook so I hope some good poster here will give us a live thread pleaseeeeeeee? Glad I asked because I thought I had read somewhere that it was going to be in the afternoon but could not remember where I read it to go back and check.

Reverse! 10 a.m. mountain is 12 p.m. Eastern. But you may want to look at the link above and come in earlier as the Coloradoan will have other coverage

* This has always been my theory too. If he had planned it he would have for one thing parked the truck in the garage for later “loading” purposes. I don’t believe he planned anything for that night, and don’t think he ever planned on killing the girls. He and SW had an argument that went out of control, the girls heard and witnessed something and he panicked. This theory is supported by NK saying CW wanted to find an apt for himself and the girls. Pls don’t misunderstand. I have always thought CW is 100% guilty.

* I think he offered the plea deal because he couldn’t face everything coming out in court. There were four/five people in that house and now there’s only one left alive. He was probably told he would *have* to testify to everything that happened (there was no one else left to do so) and how he saw SW strangling Cece, and then what he did, etc etc, and he probably couldnt bear that thought or face doing that, and he just gave up.

* I want to thank OldLadyBlues for her poignant post on the previous thread. She expressed my thoughts better than I ever could. My heart goes out to all the survivors of this tragedy, including CW’s mom. There are so many thoughtful, loving, caring posters here. But I have been surprised and troubled by the Cindy Watts bashing. While she has said negative things about SW, they have a history that she is drawing from, and if you listen carefully, she’s just believing in her son with every fiber of her being, trying to make sense of this unimaginable horror, and desperately clinging to a possibility that what he’s saying is true, and if so, reasons to support that.

I am looking forward to next week when hopefully there will be answers to so so many questions.

There is too much evidence of premeditation and five of the charges state premeditation. It will be interesting to see his electronic footprint, if it's released. If it was an argument that went out of control there should have been some signs in the house and some blood. Wounds on CW. The truck doesn't mean anything. If he normally parked on the street, he may have been afraid to move the truck early and attract attention. Or he just didn't think about it. We know he made a lot of bad decisions. I guess we'll find out in a couple of days.

Mrs. Watts should have her attorney, or husband read a short statement. She would walk away with some dignity. There will be a huge worldwide audience on Monday, she has an opportunity to cry softly with her husband, gaining sympathy in a decent way.
I don't think there's any dignity to be had in ANY of that family. JMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkravetsky