Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As bad as Scott’s family is, nothing bothered me to the extent that Todd Kohlhepp’s mother did.

The excuses she made on 48 Hours, absolutely infuriated me. She knew what he had done, but basically brushed it off as him losing his temper, claiming he was “misunderstood.”

Like a mass murder and serial sexual offender/killer can ever be “misunderstood.”

Yes, Todd Kohlhepp's late mother is very memorable. Her son's actions might have been what caused her to die suddenly of unknown causes at age 70, though. She certainly looked much older than that.

Yes, Todd Kohlhepp's late mother is very memorable. Her son's actions might have been what caused her to die suddenly of unknown causes at age 70, though. She certainly looked much older than that.

She did. I remember looking her up during that 48 Hours episode because I thought that she appeared older than she actually was.

I think she was a smoker. The mental strain certainly couldn’t have helped.

I understand the instinct to believe that your child is innocent. What bothered me though was the excuse making for a guy who killed atleast 7 people.

i’m going to the sentencing on Monday. I hope to sit next to Kevin Kavanugh again. Are there any questions you’d like me to ask? Also i’m very shy and nervous so I doubt if you asked me Id likely ask such questions. I am meeting quite a few people from facebook pages that I don’t necessarily endorse.

I’ve been trying to catch up with all the recent news but I have noticed a lot of negativity regarding his mother. She too is grieving. I unfortunately work in an industry where I see grieving daily. Some do it gracefully and others lash out. Even with all of my experiences I am the latter. No way is right or wrong it is just different. The facts are the facts and she will have to come to terms with them when she knows all of them so I don’t get angry hearing what she is saying now. Let this woman grieve in her own way and come to terms that her son is a murderer. MOO
NO! If “grieving in her own way” is bashing the woman her son killed, that’s not OK and I’m glad people aren’t “just letting her do it”. The Rzucek’s have a right to grieve in THEIR own way and she is tromping all over their hearts and the memory of their truly wonderful daughter. If the roles were reversed, and SW’s family was bashing Chris that I would be OK with. The Rzucek’s have demonstrated an amazing amount of class and compassion by not blasting CW publicly even though he deserves it. If this is how Mama Watts chooses to grieve a) she should do it privately and b) shame on her. I will never be OK with the things she’s been saying and I will back everyone who criticizes her behavior, every time.

Sorry, not even the tiniest bit sorry. Not. One. Bit.

Years ago there was another case, Dr. Bart Corbin. He killed his wife, while his two sons were in the house, and left the young sons to find their dead Momma. Later it became fact that he had killed his girlfriend in dental college, and it was ruled a suicide. So he staged his wife's murder as a suicide as well. His family was adamant he was innocent. His twin was adamant he was innocent. Then during the trial, the person that supplied the gun was located, and when Bart was told that, he pled guilty to BOTH murders, and refused contact with his family. It's been many years, so I don't know if he ever spoke to them again or not. But it seemed at the time, he couldn't face his family, though he told the judge and court he was guilty.

NO! If “grieving in her own way” is bashing the woman her son killed, that’s not OK and I’m glad people aren’t “just letting her do it”. The Rzucek’s have a right to grieve in THEIR own way and she is tromping all over their hearts and the memory of their truly wonderful daughter. If the roles were reversed, and SW’s family was bashing Chris that I would be OK with. The Rzucek’s have demonstrated an amazing amount of class and compassion by not blasting CW publicly even though he deserves it. If this is how Mama Watts chooses to grieve a) she should do it privately and b) shame on her. I will never be OK with the things she’s been saying and I will back everyone who criticizes her behavior, every time.

I couldn’t have said this better myself, and I say everything better myself.

Everyone grieves differently and I’m glad they replied back to her. I would have done the same.

i’m going to the sentencing on Monday. I hope to sit next to Kevin Kavanugh again. Are there any questions you’d like me to ask? Also i’m very shy and nervous so I doubt if you asked me Id likely ask such questions. I am meeting quite a few people from facebook pages that I don’t necessarily endorse.
Can you remind us who Kevin Kavanugh is. Thanks.

Not sure if you saw my post earlier re: TK’s mom (well of course you did haha), anyway the irony of both their similar statements: “my son is not a monster”.

I look at it as legal vs. unethical. No we cannot kill someone that is illegal. Can I say something horrible until I learn otherwise? That may be unethical. I’ve had to take back a few words in my life in lesser situations. I believe she is just trying to find an alternate solution to the truth and is trying to hold on to that. I feel for her in that respect. But the truth is the truth. Four people are dead and her son is responsible in some way. I am blessed I have not been in that situation with my own children.
I don't consider the comments by the Watts parents to be unethical. They have the same right to freedom of speech as the rest of us and are entitled to their opinions about they way they feel they--and their son--have been treated by the public defender's office. As victims, they can express their concern to the Court that their grandchildren are not receiving justice if the wrong parent is pleading guilty for a crime he did not commit.

The Judge considers the paternal grandparents victims and I doubt they remain silent after the hearing on Monday if the Judge accepts the guilty plea. JMO

I don't consider the comments by the Watts parents to be unethical. They have the same right to freedom of speech as the rest of us and are entitled to their opinions about they way they feel they--and their son--have been treated by the public defender's office. As victims, they can express their concern to the Court that their grandchildren are not receiving justice if the wrong parent is pleading guilty for a crime he did not commit.

The Judge considers the paternal grandparents victims and I doubt they remain silent after the hearing on Monday if the Judge accepts the guilty plea. JMO
When does the blaming other people end for them? They blamed Shanann, whom their son murdered, and now they blame his lawyers.
When do they ever blame their son who has pleaded guilty to murdering his whole family?
Nothing his lawyers could have done would have forced him to plead guilty other than showing him the evidence that the state has against him.

In all of documented history, no person has ever taken the actions that CW took (a vile coverup like this) and been innocent of the crime.

His actions weren’t only bizarre, they were unprecedented.

They were the actions of guilty man.

Most people believed he did it, and his guilty plea was right in line with that.

He did it. He said he did it. There is no doubt that he did it.

The family is free to speak their mind, and we are free to call them on it.

Especially when their speech, re-victimizes the innocent.

That’s how free speech works.

Last edited:
Is there any chance CW stands up at this sentencing and makes any kind of statement, or even acknowledges he committed these crimes? Yes, I know, I know, magical thinking I'm sure.

If there is no chance of an "appeal" since he is pleading guilty, he doesn't need to carefully word what he says. (As opposed to when defendants say, "I'm sorry for the loss of your daughter" or "I'm sorry for your pain" or "I understand I will be sentenced for the crime I am convicted of" - but never actually admit to the crime, because they have usually been advised not to jeopardize an appeal.)

But... he doesn't strike me as the type who will do the honorable thing and apologize to SW's family (and his own). Taking the plea deal and not putting everyone through this had given me a tiny bit of hope, but based (imo) on everything we have seen from him to date, it is to protect his own self interests, not because it's the "right" thing to do. It would just benefit both families if he admitted to his crimes and showed remorse, but why am I even thinking he would show empathy for anyone besides himself.

I wonder if he will say anything at all besides answering the judge's questions and acknowledging the plea agreement and sentence.

It will be interesting to see. He can make a statement. I wonder if he will?

Poll anyone? How many believe he will make a statement apologizing or otherwise taking some responsibility and how many think e won't make a statement at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke